coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm Shiiiiit. Dat mod list, doe. :fap: :nuke:

https://www.volkswagenftwaltonbeach.com ... 8b7f60.htm
“Remainder of warranty still applies” :yeahok:
Last edited by max225 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm Shiiiiit. Dat mod list, doe. :fap: :nuke:

“Reminder of warranty still applies” :yeahok:
Reminder? Yup, it was there at one point! :lol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm

“Reminder of warranty still applies” :yeahok:
Reminder? Yup, it was there at one point! :lol:
Dat foreigner attempting to blend in life. :lol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Front suspension is making some new noises now that it's cold. Sounds like it's low in the front, maybe the swaybar bushings got jacked too? Sounds like binding while turning the wheel at slow speeds, and kind of clunky at low speed over small bumps. Seems perfectly solid and quiet above maybe 15mph.

:rage:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote:Front suspension is making some new noises now that it's cold. Sounds like it's low in the front, maybe the swaybar bushings got jacked too? Sounds like binding while turning the wheel at slow speeds, and kind of clunky at low speed over small bumps. Seems perfectly solid and quiet above maybe 15mph.

Mine is also making a noise at parking lot speeds with the wheel turned. Not all the time though.

I was gonna have the shop look around when I go in for an alignment.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 am Front suspension is making some new noises now that it's cold. Sounds like it's low in the front, maybe the swaybar bushings got jacked too? Sounds like binding while turning the wheel at slow speeds, and kind of clunky at low speed over small bumps. Seems perfectly solid and quiet above maybe 15mph.

You replaced the end links? That'll make a low speed clunk. Unlikely the bushings on the bar are jacked. If they're damaged they'll probably just squeak.

Open the hood, push down on the front struts one at a time. If you hear crunching it's strut bearings. That can also make low speed clunk stuff that you don't hear at speed because of other background noise.
Johnny_P

nope nope nope nope nope

:vapenation: owned that car. Probably was never tuned outside of standard Cobb accessport shit. Engine :nuke: inevitable.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 amnope nope nope nope nope

:vapenation: owned that car. Probably was never tuned outside of standard Cobb accessport shit. Engine :nuke: inevitable.
Not like I'm buying it, but says in the description it was pro tuned by Dave Brown at Performance Auto Solutions.

With an EWG, bigger injectors etc. that car probably wouldn't even start with just an OTS tune.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 am You replaced the end links? That'll make a low speed clunk. Unlikely the bushings on the bar are jacked. If they're damaged they'll probably just squeak.

Open the hood, push down on the front struts one at a time. If you hear crunching it's strut bearings. That can also make low speed clunk stuff that you don't hear at speed because of other background noise.
End links, strut mounts, and bearings are all new on both sides. Car was perfectly quiet for a couple weeks, so who knows.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Whelp. Have an appointment for Monday to have the suspension checked again. We'll see. It's still creaking while turning the wheel at low speeds and over more undulating types of bumps.

So over this damn thing. Everything APR is 20% off at USP, but fuck it, I'm not dropping any money on this car if I can't get the suspension to not creak like an '88 Silverado with 300k miles.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bleeder block and stainless clutch line installed, and deleted the delay valve at the same time. Clutch feel is definitely better, but it's not what I would call a :mindblown: difference. The clutch definitely engages more quickly and gets rid of that small shudder when taking off in first. That alone is worth the price. But shifting up 2-6, the difference is pretty negligible under normal driving. Shifting quickly is a nice improvement, though. Actual pedal weight is about the same. Not sure why, but I was expecting the clutch pedal to be a bit heavier.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote:Bleeder block and stainless clutch line installed, and deleted the delay valve at the same time. Clutch feel is definitely better, but it's not what I would call a :mindblown: difference. The clutch definitely engages more quickly and gets rid of that small shudder when taking off in first. That alone is worth the price. But shifting up 2-6, the difference is pretty negligible under normal driving. Shifting quickly is a nice improvement, though. Actual pedal weight is about the same. Not sure why, but I was expecting the clutch pedal to be a bit heavier.
I don't think it's much about feel but more about having a consistent clutch. When I put the bleeder block in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts can be done much smoother. The hesitation is all gone. The other shifts feel the same to me.

Why did the :dillerman: say about the suspension?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Thread title needs to be fixed. Turbro FWD Greatness
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:22 pm Thread title needs to be fixed. Turbro FWD Greatness
Was thinking Egg Recidivism. Turbo FWD Futility, perhaps.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 pm I don't think it's much about feel but more about having a consistent clutch. When I put the bleeder block in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts can be done much smoother. The hesitation is all gone. The other shifts feel the same to me.

Why did the :dillerman: say about the suspension?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
1-2 and 2-3 feel almost exactly the same unless I'm really trying to catch the next gear quickly. It's really only taking off in 1st where I notice a real difference. Maybe the PO took out the diaphragm in the OE bleeder block, they'd already removed the clutch spring.

Shop I went to for the oil change, PP diff fluid and brake flush is a different shop from where I had the suspension done. It wasn't making even the slightest noise yesterday, so I didn't bother to mention it to them.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:bruh:

Maybe this is it? I'm gonna ask about it when I go in for my next oil change.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... n-Surfaces
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 am

nope nope nope nope nope

assuming he trade it in for a :turboyaris: or :gorf:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

What about an Evo?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:12 pm What about an Evo?
Nah, I'm not actually doing anything for quite awhile, it's just fun to look. I've resolved to not buy another car until I can just write a check for it, which, given that we'll probably need a bigger family car once kid #2 comes around, it's going to be awhile. 2 kids plus two dogs, we'll either need a 7-passenger or a :gulp:...:minivan: Right now I'd lean toward ditching the GTI at that point and keeping the RDX around instead.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm :bruh:

Maybe this is it? I'm gonna ask about it when I go in for my next oil change.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... n-Surfaces
Maybe? Would be worth a shot, especially since I've already done mounts, bearings, and swaybar end links.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Should be renamed, FWD Greatness made by :manuel:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I keep thinking about ditching the truck and jumping into a WRX for a daily. I drove an 18 earlier this year and had an absolute blast with it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dropped off the car with the :dillerman: yesterday evening for a 7:30am appointment to have the suspension checked again. Of course, I heard absolutely nothing today. Called, got put on hold just to be rerouted to the receptionist, ask for the service department again, and go through loop three times before finally leaving a voicemail. :rolleyes:

Who needs a car, anyway?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk