The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:58 pm Forgot the kids are too young to make their way I to the back. I think the middle bench is starting to come back as I've noticed the Sedona only comes that way now as well. I've seen that :neat: 3 across trick of the honduh
Yeah, it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtriTcYo7-Q

Where did the video embedding button go?
Broke a while ago
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I checked out an MDX again and man, it's so close to perfect. The first time I did a test-fit of our car seats I put an infant seat behind the driver's seat and there just wasn't enough leg room, probably because I have the convertible on the passenger side now and just figured I'd do the same in the next car. The convertible isn't as deep front to back, though, so if I put it on the driver's side I have more leg room, and the MDX turned out to be wide enough to fit the two infant seats in the middle and on the passenger side. Breakthrough!

Unfortunately, that MDX has the same problem my wife's 2012 RDX did - the fucking headrests. They have "active head restraints" to prevent whiplash in the event of a rear-end collision, but that's really just code for "will give you nerd neck". They push my head so far forward I thought I might need a chiropractor visit after just a 5-10 minute test drive. It drove me nuts in the RDX, but I'd completely forgotten about it until I sat behind the wheel of the MDX for a couple minutes.

Otherwise it's pretty perfect for an SUV. Steering with actual weight and some feedback, nice turn-in and a 300hp V6 that's eager to rev but still has a lot of low-end grunt. Genuinely nice to drive, but that headrest might be enough to keep us from buying one. :rage: :disappoint:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm I checked out an MDX again and man, it's so close to perfect. The first time I did a test-fit of our car seats I put an infant seat behind the driver's seat and there just wasn't enough leg room, probably because I have the convertible on the passenger side now and just figured I'd do the same in the next car. The convertible isn't as deep front to back, though, so if I put it on the driver's side I have more leg room, and the MDX turned out to be wide enough to fit the two infant seats in the middle and on the passenger side. Breakthrough!

Unfortunately, that MDX has the same problem my wife's 2012 RDX did - the fucking headrests. They have "active head restraints" to prevent whiplash in the event of a rear-end collision, but that's really just code for "will give you nerd neck". They push my head so far forward I thought I might need a chiropractor visit after just a 5-10 minute test drive. It drove me nuts in the RDX, but I'd completely forgotten about it until I sat behind the wheel of the MDX for a couple minutes.

Otherwise it's pretty perfect for an SUV. Steering with actual weight and some feedback, nice turn-in and a 300hp V6 that's eager to rev but still has a lot of low-end grunt. Genuinely nice to drive, but that headrest might be enough to keep us from buying one. :rage: :disappoint:
Dang.
I seem to remember reading something a long time ago on the Dead Zone about some dude who had the same complaint about his :turboyaris: head rests and he swapped on outside rear head rest for his drivers one and it was a more comfortable angle for him. Could that be a solution for you on the MDX?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Coogs that sucks man. A lot of fraud products are that way for me. Can you remedy it by leaning the seat back more? That’s how I deal with the Cmax.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I’ve been doing some reading and I’m far from the only one with complaints. Some folks have put on adjustable headrests from some :unicorn: JDM Honda model, sometimes people just turn them backwards and hope not to break their necks in an accident, and some others have actually had the headrests altered at upholstery shops, but who knows how safe that is.

I would lean the seat farther back in the RDX and that helped make it tolerable, but I can’t really do that very much with a rear-facing convertible seat behind me.

Bout to just go buy that ML and pray it doesn’t :nuke: itself.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:24 pm "Nerd neck."

Man, that's a new one. :lolol:
I can't be the only one who watched Hey Arnold! growing up, right? Sitting in the RDX or MDX makes me feel like this dude.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I would just turn the head rests backwards but I also drive a vette with no airbags and ride my bicycle on sketchy ass major roads at rush hour to work so :iono:

I like the Acura’s for appliance vehicles.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

coogles wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm I checked out an MDX again and man, it's so close to perfect. The first time I did a test-fit of our car seats I put an infant seat behind the driver's seat and there just wasn't enough leg room, probably because I have the convertible on the passenger side now and just figured I'd do the same in the next car. The convertible isn't as deep front to back, though, so if I put it on the driver's side I have more leg room, and the MDX turned out to be wide enough to fit the two infant seats in the middle and on the passenger side. Breakthrough!

Man, our MDX is not terrible to drive at all.

I don't get the headrest thing doe, I have not even noticed it's there
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:49 am Man, our MDX is not terrible to drive at all.

I don't get the headrest thing doe, I have not even noticed it's there
I really liked it, honestly it was better to drive even than our little RDX was. Genuinely impressed.

I think the headrest thing is very individual. Some people on the message boards have the same complaint as me, others think they're crazy and say they've never had a problem, like you. My wife was inbetween. I mentioned it and she said she didn't think her RDX was that bad, but admitted that sometimes at stop lights she'd move her head off to the side of the head rest so she could push it back farther. A friend of ours would turn the headrest around every time she rode in the car because it bothered her so much. She has some underlying low back issues, but still.

We may still end up getting one and giving it to my wife to drive. Both that particular MDX and the ML sold over the weekend, so with a C-section scheduled for Thursday there's no way I'm getting a :plac: move made before then. I'm about 200 miles short of 50k on the GTI, so I'm going to go ahead and do that service, do a really good detail this spring and work harder to make a private sale. I'm not that mad about it, I don't mind driving the GTI for another couple months in the least, but hopefully I can find a good home for it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:21 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:24 pm "Nerd neck."

Man, that's a new one. :lolol:
I can't be the only one who watched Hey Arnold! growing up, right? Sitting in the RDX or MDX makes me feel like this dude.

yesss I remember that!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:40 pm I would just turn the head rests backwards but I also drive a vette with no airbags and ride my bicycle on sketchy ass major roads at rush hour to work so :iono:

I like the Acura’s for appliance vehicles.
I've been in my cousins MDX many times and rode shotgun and have the same issue. But he's also a slow passive driver so I don't experience it that often. I recall my 2004 TSX to be the same for that reason, but I definitely do remember I adjust seat on it like crazy, where in both of my GTI's it can stay the same for months if I'm the one that's been driving.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Life has been an absolute shit show this week, and I haven't had a chance to get out and drive a thing.

We have a C-section scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8am, so this time tomorrow I'll be hanging out in the hospital with two new daughters. Life is crazy...still hasn't really hit me yet.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:08 pm Life has been an absolute shit show this week, and I haven't had a chance to get out and drive a thing.

We have a C-section scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8am, so this time tomorrow I'll be hanging out in the hospital with two new daughters. Life is crazy...still hasn't really hit me yet.
Sorry about the surprise but congrats! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:08 pm Life has been an absolute shit show this week, and I haven't had a chance to get out and drive a thing.

good luck tomorrow man
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks guys.

Not too big of a surprise, but baby A decided somewhere around 36 weeks to do a somersault and is now breached. They measured at 6lbs 5oz and 6lbs 10oz at 36 weeks, tomorrow will be 37 weeks and 4 days, so both will be at or damn close to 7 pounds. Momma is miserable and it's time.
wap

Best of luck to Lady Coogles and :baby: :baby: tomorrow!
:excited:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:50 pm Thanks guys.

Not too big of a surprise, but baby A decided somewhere around 36 weeks to do a somersault and is now breached. They measured at 6lbs 5oz and 6lbs 10oz at 36 weeks, tomorrow will be 37 weeks and 4 days, so both will be at or damn close to 7 pounds. Momma is miserable and it's time.
OMG they are huge :( Sending positive thoughts to momma, as she is an insane trooper for being able to handle all this.
My best friends wife is due tomorrow ... she is miserable with a single at 7lb 5oz... this is essentially double wow.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

6-7lbs sounds tiny. I was a hefty boy at 9lbs 11oz, 21” long.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am 6-7lbs sounds tiny. I was a hefty boy at 9lbs 11oz, 21” long.
Bruh i was double digits, but this is neither here nor there. The point is the poor thing is carrying 2. I hope everything goes ok! It must be happening now.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am 6-7lbs sounds tiny. I was a hefty boy at 9lbs 11oz, 21” long.
Bruh i was double digits, but this is neither here nor there. The point is the poor thing is carrying 2. I hope everything goes ok! It must be happening now.
Beefy.
Yeah I wasn’t thinking about her dual wielding.. that’s a lot to carry inside of you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 am
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:29 am

Beefy.
Yeah I wasn’t thinking about her dual wielding.. that’s a lot to carry inside of you.
6-7 is average and downright yuge for twins
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:50 pm Thanks guys.

Best of luck on the birth man! Sounds like it will be a big relief for your bride!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks everybody.

The girls are perfectly healthy and as sweet as could be. Mom is recovering well post-op. The girls are both fed and sleeping, so we’re just hanging around until we see the doctor on call one last time before we go home.

Although we’re looking after two this time it’s still way less stressful than after our son was born. Being a new parent was crazy, but having done this only 20 months ago, taking care of a newborn came back pretty quickly. Can’t wait to go home so our son and the pups can meet them.

Cheers y’all.
wap

coogles wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:51 am Thanks everybody.

The girls are perfectly healthy and as sweet as could be. Mom is recovering well post-op. The girls are both fed and sleeping, so we’re just hanging around until we see the doctor on call one last time before we go home.

Although we’re looking after two this time it’s still way less stressful than after our son was born. Being a new parent was crazy, but having done this only 20 months ago, taking care of a newborn came back pretty quickly. Can’t wait to go home so our son and the pups can meet them.

Cheers y’all.
:fuckyeah: Great news!!!
Congrats!!