The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:16 pm :lolol: "It had a misfire which is why it drove perfect! All is good!"

:lolwut:
It actually did drive just fine. The CEL was never flashing and I never noticed any hesitation or stuttering of any kind, which is why I 100% thought it was just because the gas cap was loose.

The car's been out on the lot since early October, it might just be cranky from sitting around for most of 4 months. Maybe the battery was down on charge and that tripped a misfire code somehow on startup. But it's a gamble I don't want to take if I don't have to.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:35 pm

:dat: I already told diller :tits: I'm not interested.
Clearly you need a $10k Range Rover Sport
:minivan: here I come.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Clearly you need a $10k Range Rover Sport
I dunno. I don't hate minivans, even after driving one for 3 weeks. Come at me.

They are rather :gay: tho. Can't have any fun in them at all. But you could probably comfortably do lines of coke off a stripper's ass in there, so it's really just a different kind of fun.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:33 pm

They are rather :gay: tho. Can't have any fun in them at all. But you could probably comfortably do lines of coke off a stripper's ass in there, so it's really just a different kind of fun.
I think the Triplicate child support tab rules this course of conduct out for the next 18.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 pm

I think the Triplicate child support tab rules this course of conduct out for the next 18.
:dat: * infinity. First up, :minivan:, next up a window sticker that reads "I moved to Fishers and drive a minivan. It's too late for me, save yourself."
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 pm

:dat: * infinity. First up, :minivan:, next up a window sticker that reads "I moved to Fishers and drive a minivan. It's too late for me, save yourself."
Pacificas have kick ass sound systems and are pretty quick.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:11 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:43 pm

I absolutely hated the Pacifica I drove in California for a week. :iono:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Yeah. It drives like a limp dick made of hung over taco bell turds. Bangin stereo and nice interior doe.

Are you serious about the van?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Yeah. It drives like a limp dick made of hung over taco bell turds. Bangin stereo and nice interior doe.

Are you serious about the van?
I have no idea, I just want something cheap. Living in the 'burbs and depending on a car for every little trip has turned me into feeling like cars are nothing more than appliances. Just get me to the damn grocery and get my kids to school safely please. Get decent gas mileage, be safe, and don't cost me $50,000. Otherwise IDGAF.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Have I mentioned how much I hate car dealerships sometimes?

There's a Toyota dealership close to the house that has a base G8. I don't want a base, but all I wanted to do was test fit the car seats. I walked into the showroom and like 6 dudes heads turned at the scent of fresh :meat:, and one guy walked over.

He asks, "what brings you in today?" :dillerman:

I of course tell him my wife and I are expecting twins, still have one rear-facing and that my car isn't big enough for all 3 seats. That they have a G8 that might work but I'd like to test fit the car seats.

"What are you hoping to accomplish today?" :dillerman: Just told you motherfucker.

"Are you planning to trade in your car?" :dillerman: Maybe. I have it listed privately as well.

"What's your timeline look like?" :dillerman: I tell him I won't need something bigger until May or so but would like to take care of the car purchase before then.

"Let me go see if I can find those keys."

10 minutes go by. :crickets: Dude disappeared.

I walked out.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:04 pm Have I mentioned how much I hate car dealerships sometimes?

There's a Toyota dealership close to the house that has a base G8. I don't want a base, but all I wanted to do was test fit the car seats. I walked into the showroom and like 6 dudes heads turned at the scent of fresh :meat:, and one guy walked over.

I of course tell him my wife and I are expecting twins, still have one rear-facing and that my car isn't big enough for all 3 seats. That they have a G8 that might work but I'd like to test fit the car seats.

"What are you hoping to accomplish today?" :dillerman: Just told you motherfucker.

"Are you planning to trade in your car?" :dillerman: Maybe. I have it listed privately as well.

"What's your timeline look like?" :dillerman: I tell him I won't need something bigger until May or so but would like to take care of the car purchase before then.

I walked out.
:fshitup:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:04 pm Have I mentioned how much I hate car dealerships sometimes?

I walked out.
:lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Mercedes dealership officially won't let me do a PPI. :fullretard:

I might understand the policy on a nearly new SLS McLaren, or maybe even something off-lease and under a manufacturer-backed certification, but one that's as-is with no warranty, that's 7 years old, has 85k miles and costs $16k? :yeahok:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:51 pm Mercedes dealership officially won't let me do a PPI. :fullretard:

I might understand the policy on a nearly new SLS McLaren, or maybe even something off-lease and under a manufacturer-backed certification, but one that's as-is with no warranty, that's 7 years old, has 85k miles and costs $16k? :yeahok:
Can’t they do one ? Or do you not trust em ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:51 pm Mercedes dealership officially won't let me do a PPI. :fullretard:

These are the people that said the CEL was only for a misfire which is why it drove completely fine and that they cleared the code and it hasn't came back.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

These are the people that said the CEL was only for a misfire which is why it drove completely fine and that they cleared the code and it hasn't came back.
But wasn’t that a saleshole, that person probably doesn’t know the difference between blinker fluid and muffler bearings
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

She was relaying what the technician told her. I inquired further and she told me the tech thought it was from the car just having sat for so long. It supposedly threw only the P030085 code, which is just the generic Random Misfire code, and nothing else. That might be 100% correct and it could be absolutely nothing to worry about, but I'm not willing to take that chance if I can't take it somewhere else to have it inspected.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:17 pm She was relaying what the technician told her. I inquired further and she told me the tech thought it was from the car just having sat for so long. It supposedly threw only the P030085 code, which is just the generic Random Misfire code, and nothing else. That might be 100% correct and it could be absolutely nothing to worry about, but I'm not willing to take that chance if I can't take it somewhere else to have it inspected.
Tell them to pound sand.

That means pound sand up your asshole.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:38 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:17 pm She was relaying what the technician told her. I inquired further and she told me the tech thought it was from the car just having sat for so long. It supposedly threw only the P030085 code, which is just the generic Random Misfire code, and nothing else. That might be 100% correct and it could be absolutely nothing to worry about, but I'm not willing to take that chance if I can't take it somewhere else to have it inspected.
Tell them to pound sand.

That means pound sand up your asshole.
:lolol: I'm too big of a :pussy: to do that.

She said "If you change your mind don't hesitate to reach out."

I just replied - "Likewise I suppose." That's about as much of an asshole as I'm capable of being to someone in a service position.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Well, that's the point of a PPI - get an outside 3rd party with no skin in the game to do an assessment.

If they won't release it for a PPI, that's a red flag amigo.
Yep they’re hiding something. Next.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Well, that's the point of a PPI - get an outside 3rd party with no skin in the game to do an assessment.

If they won't release it for a PPI, that's a red flag amigo.
I genuinely believe them when they say that’s their policy, but I really don’t care. I’m not buying that car without a PPI either way.

If anyone wants to test my theory and try to schedule a PPI on a different car, call Mercedes of Indianapolis at (877) 838-8957. :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:49 am

I genuinely believe them when they say that’s their policy, but I really don’t care. I’m not buying that car without a PPI either way.

If anyone wants to test my theory and try to schedule a PPI on a different car, call Mercedes of Indianapolis at (877) 838-8957. :lol:
It's not a Gullwing 300SL. It's one of 100,000. Find another, better one.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:32 pm

It's not a Gullwing 300SL. It's one of 100,000. Find another, better one.
:dat:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My $0.02, don't buy an old MB SUV if CEL causes discomfort. The older the car the less German it should be lol
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:deadhorse: