Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm Cleaned out the JT today in prep for the CT. Heading downstate tomorrow afternoon to swap it on Friday.

Still surprisingly :( about it, but whatever. The CT will facilitate activities better and I'm looking forward to a quiet ride back up on the highway.
You may be the first :plac: of 21 on the flip side. Something to celebrate ... a new car is a new car, 0 farts, that cancer causing chemicals fueled new car smell, no squeaks and rattles, clean engine, clean underside, everything working as designed.

It'll still be fun for the first 2-3 months because you'll notice things that are better... and worse
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Love how CuckTruck has the CT designation. :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm Cleaned out the JT today in prep for the CT. Heading downstate tomorrow afternoon to swap it on Friday.

Still surprisingly :( about it, but whatever. The CT will facilitate activities better and I'm looking forward to a quiet ride back up on the highway.
You may be the first :plac: of 21 on the flip side. Something to celebrate ... a new car is a new car, 0 farts, that cancer causing chemicals fueled new car smell, no squeaks and rattles, clean engine, clean underside, everything working as designed.

It'll still be fun for the first 2-3 months because you'll notice things that are better... and worse
Is the first :plac: of 2021 a good thing? :notsure: Since I'm on year leases, I might be the first on the list every year. I'll probably be ordering a replacement for the CT ASAP, which is usually 8-10 mos after the start.

New is new, I'm actually a bit worried about running into battery issues because the thing sat for 2.5 months somewhere likely not being driven. I really don't enjoy going to the :dillerman: at all. But a new thing with nice cancer smell I suppose is cool.

Biggest thing is hauling ability. I need to buy wood for the house, and I'm sick of having 10' boards stick out 3 feet past the bed in the JT. The CT will handle wood better PLUS I can fit more in it. And it'll tow the boat better. Those are the perceived bright spots going into it, aiming low so maybe it'll surprise me a bit.

Otherwise, it's just :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm Love how CuckTruck has the CT designation. :lolol:
Easier to type.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm Love how CuckTruck has the CT designation. :lolol:
Easier to type.
I like this one a lot. As opposed to CTR I keep thinking it is some shitty cadillac.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm
Easier to type.
I like this one a lot. As opposed to CTR I keep thinking it is some shitty cadillac.
I still have to take a second to think about what CTR stands for every time I see it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:pouroneout:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

So what's 1 CTMP compared to 1 SMP?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:09 am So what's 1 CTMP compared to 1 SMP?
Not really apples to apples. 1SMP was $200/mo even $0 down for 10k miles/year...which is how it became a unit of automotive currency for a little while here.

CT is $450/mo $0 down including unlimited miles, $0 deductible insurance, all maintenance, and damage repair (windshields, tires, everything).

$0 deductible insurance for me is ~$150/mo, and IIRC the 1SMP would have been ~$300/mo with 15k miles, so the two are very similar at the end.

BUT, I can put as many miles as I want on the CT...I intend to blow past 20k in the year with it, driving out west and other random adventures.

A dude I worked with called me an idiot for ordering this truck because he leased a Laramie 5.7 nearly loaded from a dealer last month for the same ($450) for 15k miles but he had to put $3k down for 36 mos. I reminded him that at $0 down he'd be at ~$530/mo and still have the mileage restriction (and still have to pay for insurance on top of that) but that was just :sass: :fakenews: BUT MUH TRUCK IS WAY BETTER.

It's established that I am indeed an idiot, but at least the CT is only a year.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think it's at least 2SMP :sad: 2021 man...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:59 am
Not really apples to apples. 1SMP was $200/mo even $0 down for 10k miles/year...which is how it became a unit of automotive currency for a little while here.

CT is $450/mo $0 down including unlimited miles, $0 deductible insurance, all maintenance, and damage repair (windshields, tires, everything).

$0 deductible insurance for me is ~$150/mo, and IIRC the 1SMP would have been ~$300/mo with 15k miles, so the two are very similar at the end.

BUT, I can put as many miles as I want on the CT...I intend to blow past 20k in the year with it, driving out west and other random adventures.

A dude I worked with called me an idiot for ordering this truck because he leased a Laramie 5.7 nearly loaded from a dealer last month for the same ($450) for 15k miles but he had to put $3k down for 36 mos. I reminded him that at $0 down he'd be at ~$530/mo and still have the mileage restriction (and still have to pay for insurance on top of that) but that was just :sass: :fakenews: BUT MUH TRUCK IS WAY BETTER.

I do think the one year thing is a big difference versus 36 months. If you're going to lease, getting to mix it up more often is worth a good bit IMO.

In4 Hellcat :manuel: in one year's time.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Unlimited Mileage Lease. What a time to be alive.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 am

I do think the one year thing is a big difference versus 36 months. If you're going to lease, getting to mix it up more often is worth a good bit IMO.

In4 Hellcat :manuel: in one year's time.
It's weird...I'm at the point in life where I'd really prefer to just buy something and keep it for a while. I've mostly lost interest in vehicles. I would have bought the JT in a second if I could have gotten out of the CT lease. I intend to stop leasing after the CT and just pick something to hold onto. Likely another JT unless the experiment of the CT (transportation is just a tool to enable other fun activities) works out, then I may just buy a Ram...maybe even the CT if the price is low enough because I can't imagine it'll fetch much at auction.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 am

It's a common perk among auto companies, has been for a while.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:09 am

Wish we could've done this, almost 18K on the Beep Beep already in 9 months :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am
Wish we could've done this, almost 18K on the Beep Beep already in 9 months :notbad:
It's a really nice perk to pile miles on a vehicle you don't own. Especially because it means the JL that we own is barely depreciating...it just turned over 8k miles and we've owned it for 18 months now.

On the flip, it means driving the CT (or whatever lease) EVERYWHERE, which frankly got old with the JT because of the horrific fuel economy and noise on the highway.

The right answer would be to buy a CT and lease a nice thing to drive all the time for miles (a 300, maybe a Challenger), but we have the opposite and selling beebeep results in the most :impressive: :tits: :triggered: ever so whatever.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I lease and just YOLO the miles. Over 4K on the JT already. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:35 am I lease and just YOLO the miles. Over 4K on the JT already. :megusta:
You lease relatively strong residual value vehicles that can be traded in without a loss, so it works. That's the part of the equation I struggle with. If I could :aintcare: miles on a :dillerman: lease it's probably the cheapest way to go.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The nicest vehicle FCA has to put miles on is the RAM or Pacifica. I'm not a huge fan of my dad's 300.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 am The nicest vehicle FCA has to put miles on is the RAM or Pacifica. I'm not a huge fan of my dad's 300.
I've done two four figure mile trips in Challengers and LOVED it... I also am pretty :aintcare: about comfort compared to most :doe: , I had zero issues in the C5 to CT and back.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:11 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 am The nicest vehicle FCA has to put miles on is the RAM or Pacifica. I'm not a huge fan of my dad's 300.
I've done two four figure mile trips in Challengers and LOVED it... I also am pretty :aintcare: about comfort compared to most :doe: , I had zero issues in the C5 to CT and back.
Challengers and 300s are comfortable cruisers for sure. Interior quality feels cheap but other than that they are good cars.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Well, the whole NFG boat pickup trip sounds pretty sweet.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My friend said the C5 was surprisingly comfy to NC as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:21 pm
Well, the whole NFG boat pickup trip sounds pretty sweet.
:dat:

CT is just a tool to enable other fun things. We'll see how that works out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Challengers and 300s are comfortable cruisers for sure. Interior quality feels cheap but other than that they are good cars.
I have just realized that the same people who do not care about the Marlboro Light resistant interior are the same people who are leaving the yellow shipping protector on the corners of their Chally splitter for "decoration."