Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Work, pretty serious back issues, trip to MX.
Hope the back gets better... ugh. That's frustrating.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm
V8 JL or Gladiator would get me off the fence and in the game. Makes $50K plus seem fine to me. :gtfo: with all of the "Pentastar is more than adequate" stuff.
The Pentastar really is "adequate". Would it be better with a V8? Absolutely. But it's certainly not a deal breaker.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm

V8 JL or Gladiator would get me off the fence and in the game. Makes $50K plus seem fine to me. :gtfo: with all of the "Pentastar is more than adequate" stuff.
The Pentastar really is "adequate". Would it be better with a V8? Absolutely. But it's certainly not a deal breaker.
Soooo are JT brubs on the horizon?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:24 pm
I can neither confirm nor deny product plans.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 pm

That dumb ass Italian Diesel has really been taking an eternity... too bad diesels are literally the worst buys right now. The V8 fits quite easily in there, would have cost nearly $0 to stuff in there and would have had 50% take rate or higher. I am :notsure: why it was never done outside of :thanksobama: rules.

Aftermarket conversions are pretty much flawless for this platform. All gauges etc work, uses same/similar trans etc etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:24 pm
That dumb ass Italian Diesel has really been taking an eternity... too bad diesels are literally the worst buys right now. The V8 fits quite easily in there, would have cost nearly $0 to stuff in there and would have had 50% take rate or higher. I am :notsure: why it was never done outside of :thanksobama: rules.

Aftermarket conversions are pretty much flawless for this platform. All gauges etc work, uses same/similar trans etc etc.
It all comes down to .gov emissions compliance. Diesel is actually "cleaner" to the .gov with all the after treatment bullshit.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:28 pm

It all comes down to .gov emissions compliance. Diesel is actually "cleaner" to the .gov with all the after treatment bullshit.
The 600 million fine FCA is about to pay says you’re :wrong:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:10 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Hope the back gets better... ugh. That's frustrating.
Old man shit. C5-C6 nerve pinch. Exacerbated by toughing it out for 3 days when I should have gone immediately to doc, then labor day weekend, then, then. If I had some steroids and opiods on hand and knew what was going on I could have nipped it in the bud. I'll be ready next time. Headed to Mayo clinic next weekend to have a Sports doc look at MRI and hopefully tell me how to avoid it in the future. My future vision of health may not include heavy deadlifts, etc. And 10 hour car rides with one stop have ended forever. The road warrior has retired.
:pouroneout:

Also cruise on down to SD. It’s not 10hrs and I’ll put more steroids in your back(side) than any real doctor ever would :evilplan:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Old man shit. C5-C6 nerve pinch. Exacerbated by toughing it out for 3 days when I should have gone immediately to doc, then labor day weekend, then, then. If I had some steroids and opiods on hand and knew what was going on I could have nipped it in the bud. I'll be ready next time. Headed to Mayo clinic next weekend to have a Sports doc look at MRI and hopefully tell me how to avoid it in the future. My future vision of health may not include heavy deadlifts, etc. And 10 hour car rides with one stop have ended forever. The road warrior has retired.

Also cruise on down to SD. It’s not 10hrs and I’ll put more steroids in your back(side) than any real doctor ever would :evilplan:
It's not out of the question.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So much :dat:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

C5 is officially gone. Staring at the JT, I'm oddly barely sad about it. The feeling of simplicity is nice.

:wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:28 pm
The 600 million fine FCA is about to pay says you’re :wrong:
All OEMs are fuked.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:02 pm C5 is officially gone. Staring at the JT, I'm oddly barely sad about it. The feeling of simplicity is nice.

Is this sale tracked in another thread?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:02 pm C5 is officially gone. Staring at the JT, I'm oddly barely sad about it. The feeling of simplicity is nice.

:mindblown:

I definitely feel weird acquiring the tinycamper and being on the verge of sailing the :meata:
Lots of change, but it's all for the good :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

More JT pics
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm

It's not out of the question.
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:29 am

Wait :wat:

:bruh:

It's a beebeep thing you wouldn't understand
:bravo: :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:sad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Deets on the new owner... is he old as F? New balance? Jorts? Cool guy ready to prowl the streets and do burnouts and piss off all the neighbors? Smell of gasoline in the mornin' kind of guy?

How much did you get for it?
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:

Is this sale tracked in another thread?
Maybe?

Dude out of the blue asked me to call him when he saw the CL post I've had up all summer. He's a rad older dude looking for a "modern" Vette. He came out to look at the car Monday night, and we struck a deal at the end. Completed the deal and he took the car last night.

I got $16.5k for it. I'm pleased with that overall, pretty sure that's all it was worth, and I certainly wouldn't get more for it later.

While I loved the car, and still do, it's just not what I want anymore. This world is increasingly not fit for sports cars, and I really don't enjoy having an awesome thing just sitting in the garage 99% of the time. Taking the Gladiator wheeling, camping, kayaking, etc is far more appealing to me right now. Obviously :wrong: but I like the simplicity of one vehicle right now.

I'll probably end up with something fun eventually, I'm super intrigued by 996 Targas, would love another 944 or 968, early Vipers are getting pretty attractive, but I think that'll be a way off, if ever.
max225

16.5 is quite a solid sum, I sold my 2002 in 2013 so now over 6 years ago for 17... it had 58k miles on it ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:28 am 16.5 is quite a solid sum, I sold my 2002 in 2013 so now over 6 years ago for 17... it had 58k miles on it ...
Yea, I'm pleased. I paid $17k for it almost 5 years ago to the day (bought it Oct 1 2014) with 49k miles, sold it with 63k miles. Other than the mod money I lit on fire, which I consider more for fun/hobby than "investment", I really can't complain at all. It cost me very little to have a ton of fun with it, and I sold it before I started to view it as a burden. All good memories, and that's what counts.
ChrisoftheNorth

Gladiator update...

Drove it last night and used the headlights. Actually pretty :mindblown: how good they are. Might be the best halogens I've ever driven behind. Excellent illumination and light pattern, similar to the LED lights only yellow and not quite as bright. A set of brighter bulbs is probably all it needs.

Took it to a friend's house who has a 2.5 year old son. Pull up and he's standing in the front window, and see his eyes get big and mouth agape looking at the Gladiator. Open the door and he starts pointing and yelling ORANGE TRUCK ORANGE TRUCK. So I take him down and let him sit in the seat, he lost his mind. Beeped the horn, etc. Hopefully got him hooked.

But that made me realize why I like the thing so much. It reminds me of when I was a kid...it looks like something I would have built out of Legos, dreaming of actually driving it. Or a ridiculous Matchbox truck or model or something. Sounds cliche or :gaydance: or whatever, but it's true. I smile just looking at the thing, it's as outrageous as my 5 year old imagination was.

:wub:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Oh the halogens are not that bad?
:yeahok:

Lay off the :koolaid:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 am Oh the halogens are not that bad?
:yeahok:

Lay off the :koolaid:
How may halogen headlight JL/T's have you driven?

:gtfo: