Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:09 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:03 am
If she wants a :jeep: instead of :truk: then yes, I'll just lease a barely optioned (Cold Weather, 7" Infotainment, Max tow) Sport S Gladiator.
So she decides the car for you also now ? Well this escalated. :rage:
That's always been the case.

I equally desire a JL or JT.

I don't want a Ram because it's too big for my day-to-day and I'm :gay:

If she wants a Ram, I get a JL. If she wants a non-Ram, then I get a JT. That's always been the plan because I want complimentary vehicles. That's why I'm trying to make her decide on something before I make a move. That's proving to be :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I think wheeling a JT would sort of suck but I think most people just soft road anyways so it should be ok. But it’s
Just so damn long
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Oh wow :popcorn:

Now, I'm forgetting, is keeping the ZR2 more expensive post lease end? Seems like it staying could be cool.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:20 am I think wheeling a JT would sort of suck but I think most people just soft road anyways so it should be ok. But it’s
Just so damn long
I wouldn't wheel a JT...it is too long IMO. Hence why I'd just get a Sport S with a few options.

If she wants a JL that's perfect. We'll wheel her vehicle.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

It couldn't possibly be as easy as just getting a Laramie
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:20 am I think wheeling a JT would sort of suck but I think most people just soft road anyways so it should be ok. But it’s
Just so damn long
:dat:

They are huuuuge.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I would get a two door JL if I really desired off roading. I think that would be easiest and most fun, seems a good choice for CF free couple like Chris and The Infamous Michelle.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:21 am Oh wow :popcorn:

Now, I'm forgetting, is keeping the ZR2 more expensive post lease end? Seems like it staying could be cool.
It was/is an option...$33k is the buy-out price. The thing is fine...but a few things are frustrating.

Towing.

OMFG the transmission tuning is :rage: on that fucker when towing...which I now do at least 2x per month for triple digit miles. It absolutely refuses to downshift until my foot is through the floor board, and when it does shift, if does two downshifts and it's screaming. No motherfucker, just one downshift with moderate throttle is all you needed to do. This is necessary when just keeping speed up a hill (floor it, downshift twice, then let off, and repeat ALL THE FUCKING TIME). And my trailer isn't even that heavy. WHAT THE FUCK

Gremlins.

It's probably the abuse the truck has gone through under my ownership (which has not been gentle AT ALL)...but weird glitches are starting to pop up. Like yesterday I set the left blinker on, but it wasn't making the indicator sound. Wife said "oh yea, that's been happening on and off lately". Oh, thanks for telling me.

Infotainment seems to be locking up now...turn the truck on and the screen is black. Restart and it's fine. This has happened a few times over the last few weeks for the few times I've driven it.

Went to hook up the camper yesterday after packing up, and the backup camera glitched into this split screen thing where the top was on the bottom and the bottom was on the top...the hitch ball was lost in the middle. Restarted the truck and the camera was just black (infotainment still worked :doe: )...so I had :tits: guide me on the hookup old school. Again, fine...but what the fuck.

I'm not claiming this is 100% the truck's fault, we've beat the hell out of it. Just not a good sign that at 17k miles it's showing these random issues. Might not be a problem if I treated it better, but that's too late now, the damage is done. That's the benefit of leasing, I can clean it up and wash my hands of it.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am It couldn't possibly be as easy as just getting a Laramie
I was so hoping it would be.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 am I would get a two door JL if I really desired off roading. I think that would be easiest and most fun, seems a good choice for CF free couple like Chris and The Infamous Michelle.
Exactly. Unfortunately, there's no 2-door Saharas anymore, but I'd love to get her into a 2-door Rubicon. Would be such a perfect vehicle for what we want/need.
ChrisoftheNorth

She'd even like a :manuel: again, but the lack of remote start is a :hellno:

:|
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:21 am Oh wow :popcorn:

It was/is an option...$33k is the buy-out price. The thing is fine...but a few things are frustrating.

Towing.

OMFG the transmission tuning is :rage: on that fucker when towing...which I now do at least 2x per month for triple digit miles. It absolutely refuses to downshift until my foot is through the floor board, and when it does shift, if does two downshifts and it's screaming. No motherfucker, just one downshift with moderate throttle is all you needed to do. This is necessary when just keeping speed up a hill (floor it, downshift twice, then let off, and repeat ALL THE FUCKING TIME). And my trailer isn't even that heavy. WHAT THE FUCK

Gremlins.

It's probably the abuse the truck has gone through under my ownership (which has not been gentle AT ALL)...but weird glitches are starting to pop up. Like yesterday I set the left blinker on, but it wasn't making the indicator sound. Wife said "oh yea, that's been happening on and off lately". Oh, thanks for telling me.

Infotainment seems to be locking up now...turn the truck on and the screen is black. Restart and it's fine. This has happened a few times over the last few weeks for the few times I've driven it.

Went to hook up the camper yesterday after packing up, and the backup camera glitched into this split screen thing where the top was on the bottom and the bottom was on the top...the hitch ball was lost in the middle. Restarted the truck and the camera was just black (infotainment still worked :doe: )...so I had :tits: guide me on the hookup old school. Again, fine...but what the fuck.

I'm not claiming this is 100% the truck's fault, we've beat the hell out of it. Just not a good sign that at 17k miles it's showing these random issues. Might not be a problem if I treated it better, but that's too late now, the damage is done. That's the benefit of leasing, I can clean it up and wash my hands of it.
Gm quality at it again :(
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 am I would get a two door JL if I really desired off roading. I think that would be easiest and most fun, seems a good choice for CF free couple like Chris and The Infamous Michelle.
Exactly. Unfortunately, there's no 2-door Saharas anymore, but I'd love to get her into a 2-door Rubicon. Would be such a perfect vehicle for what we want/need.
It does sound like she ventured off somewhere a Sahara might not come back from on it own.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am
It does sound like she ventured off somewhere a Sahara might not come back from on it own.
Nah, she didn't even put the truck in 4x4. The trail was tight, but it wasn't challenging terrain.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 am

Towing.

Gremlins.

The towing :bs: is just stupid programming IMO. I know others have reported none of these issues when towing, so it just might be my truck...which seems to be common for some trucks to have issues and others don't.

The other stuff I just can't tell if it's because we're hard on the truck. Like :tits: BOMBED the trail...more than many sane people would probably do. It's very likely some electrical connectors got wet and/or jarred loose or something. Hard to say if it's GM quality or our abuse at fault but regardless, I think this truck might be be a whole mess of problems later in its life. I'd rather just put that $33k toward something that signs my paychecks and I like a ton anyway.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also, update on my dad's CTS-V sail.

Turns out the dude he bought it from regretted selling it the moment he did. My dad contacted him and the guy offered to buy it back. Dad paid $62k for it just over 2 years and 10k miles ago...selling it back to the same dude for $58k.

:notbad:

He probably could have gotten more, but this way he doesn't have to deal with any sales :bs: whatsoever. Dude's going to send my dad the check and the car's getting shipped back to Dallas easy peasy.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Buy Sahara or JT Sport, swap Colorabros DSSV dampers on the Jeep and then return the lease?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:18 pm Buy Sahara or JT Sport, swap Colorabros DSSV dampers on the Jeep and then return the lease?
:notbad:

I will miss the rally car feeling of the ZR2. The thing really is a riot to bomb trails and backroads with.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 am
The towing :bs: is just stupid programming IMO. I know others have reported none of these issues when towing, so it just might be my truck...which seems to be common for some trucks to have issues and others don't.

The other stuff I just can't tell if it's because we're hard on the truck. Like :tits: BOMBED the trail...more than many sane people would probably do. It's very likely some electrical connectors got wet and/or jarred loose or something. Hard to say if it's GM quality or our abuse at fault but regardless, I think this truck might be be a whole mess of problems later in its life. I'd rather just put that $33k toward something that signs my paychecks and I like a ton anyway.
Well it’s a near new truck. This should have been engineered without such glaring issues. Agreed on fca doe
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am She'd even like a :manuel: again, but the lack of remote start is a :hellno:

we all know the auto is better for actual hardcore wheeling. I love the idea of a :manual: jeep but the auto is so good now.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am She'd even like a :manuel: again, but the lack of remote start is a :hellno:

we all know the auto is better for actual hardcore wheeling. I love the idea of a :manual: jeep but the auto is so good now.
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Laramie + JLR sounds like the best combo still. :tits: can drive the :nice: :truk: daily and y'all still have a trail bomber that can tow the camper. It's not like she's gonna go muddin' every day.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 am Welllllll on this episode of as the :plac: turns....

Went mudcamping this weekend...literally a downpour flooded our site, we were in 2" of water for a bit of time on Saturday, glamper came through BIG TIME.

Anyway, buddy and I are in the glamper :drunk: and playing cards, :tits: goes off in the :truk: with her friend to go get some firewood (we covered the firepit before the rain).

She comes back and the truck is COVERED in mud...like couldn't tell it was blue. She and her friend are giggling I'm all :wat: did you do?

Apparently they found a wheeling trail and went mudding on their quest to find firewood. If I wasn't so :drunk: I would have :rage: at how stupid it was, but whatever...they made it back. Fine.

Yesterday morning before leaving, we go back down the wheeling trail in the dry to check it out...like all trails in MI, it's narrow. Nothing wider than the ZR2 or :jeep: would make it down without major pinstriping. :tits: then makes it known that she wants a :jeep: now so she can do those things because it's "so much fun". While I agree, now she's full blast on wanting to test drive a Sahara "before making her final decision".

:rolleyes:

I was hoping this :bs: was over...but she asked again this morning when we can drive a Sahara. So now I have to find one locally to drive.
She doesn’t need you to go test drive a vehicle with her though?

Also. The Sahara will drop the hardest in resale value. Why the Sahara? Plus the tires it comes with are minivan spec you’ll want something mud capable if she’s gonna go get lost in the woods with her lady friends.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm Laramie + JLR sounds like the best combo still. :tits: can drive the :nice: :truk: daily and y'all still have a trail bomber that can tow the camper. It's not like she's gonna go muddin' every day.
Prepare yourself. None of this will end up making sense.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm Laramie + JLR sounds like the best combo still. :tits: can drive the :nice: :truk: daily and y'all still have a trail bomber that can tow the camper. It's not like she's gonna go muddin' every day.
Prepare yourself. None of this will end up making sense.
I haven't been here long, but what I've learned from this thread that whatever actually ends up happening probably won't make any sense.