:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Could always get a TRD Pro for 45k :yikes: or TRD off road for 35
I'd get a ZR2 for $38k instead, or a Z71 Colorado for low $30k's. I really like the Colorado.

But yea, the market is :fullretard: right now.
I actually love that two door orange ZR2 you linked... but I feel like you would wind up disappointed after loving the :jeep: :truk: so much. Based on your commentary here, it was clear you liked the ZR2 a lot but the :jeep: :truk: seems to be on a different level entirely.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:05 pm
I'd get a ZR2 for $38k instead, or a Z71 Colorado for low $30k's. I really like the Colorado.

I actually love that two door orange ZR2 you linked... but I feel like you would wind up disappointed after loving the :jeep: :truk: so much. Based on your commentary here, it was clear you liked the ZR2 a lot but the :jeep: :truk: seems to be on a different level entirely.
It's just everything I want in the same vehicle. Sure, a 2 door JL would be fun, but then I'd need some sort of :truk: to go with it, and then it's just :butwhy: if one vehicle can do both.

And I just love the Orange. Stupid fucking reason to love a vehicle, but I'm legit going to miss this truck. Just drove it up the peninsula with the roof panels off and kayaks in the bed for an evening paddle in the bay. Paddling back and that bright whornage lego Jeep truk staring back at me made me :wub: So ridiculously 5/7.

:(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:30 pm

It's just everything I want in the same vehicle. Sure, a 2 door JL would be fun, but then I'd need some sort of :truk: to go with it, and then it's just :butwhy: if one vehicle can do both.

And I just love the Orange. Stupid fucking reason to love a vehicle, but I'm legit going to miss this truck. Just drove it up the peninsula with the roof panels off and kayaks in the bed for an evening paddle in the bay. Paddling back and that bright whornage lego Jeep truk staring back at me made me :wub: So ridiculously 5/7.

Why did your company decide to drop Orange?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nice palate of despair.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Why did your company decide to drop Orange?
No idea.

I did notice that GM is still offering the same Orange color that was supposed to die back on my watch and has managed to get added to MY21, where I know it wasn't when I was there. The color must be popular for them, and it must have been for Jeep because I can't find a single orange truck in the area...though production of the color ended in January for some stupid reason.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:bruh:
Just buy it and be done with it. You know you have the means, especially with your :haus: switcharoo. :doit: and move on and don't look back.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Could always get a TRD Pro for 45k :yikes: or TRD off road for 35

How do you get a ZR2 for 38k? And a Z71 for low 30s?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:06 am

How do you get a ZR2 for 38k? And a Z71 for low 30s?
That Orange ext cab I posted was $38k. All 2020 Colorado's are 10% off MSRP right now.

Z71s have been in that range for a while, plus I still have a lot of friends at Chevy that would :lolol: at the idea of me driving a Chevy working for Jeep, they'd hook me up.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The whorange zr2 is fucking sweet but keep buck buck.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:36 pm Took the freedom panels off to break the law and buy some trees. I fucking love this thing...

:fancy:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Still catching up from my hiatus.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Just buy it and be done with it. You know you have the means, especially with your :haus: switcharoo. :doit: and move on and don't look back.
:dat:

The :scrooge: option isn't always the correct option. Just buy the :truk: $5K isn't really a big :dill: when it saves five figures in :plac: over the next two years.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 am
wap wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

The :scrooge: option isn't always the correct option. Just buy the :truk: $5K isn't really a big :dill: when it saves five figures in :plac: over the next two years.
I'm oddly leaning toward this option at the moment.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 pm

This is the way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am not a great person for financial advise, but it will make you happy and I think it will have more staying power. If you go lease the bloo :truk: , sure it'll save you money now but then you'll be back to square one in another year or two. Given you may eventually :nope: out of the OEM game, not being married to their lease :dill: seems good.

That said if you are worried about the cash position, leasing a JLU for :tits: wouldn't be horrible. Move her Beep Beep cash into your :jeep: :truk: and lease her a new one, Cheap Cheap the Leased Beep Beep.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my wife and I exclusively refer to our JLU as "the Beep Beep" now.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm Also, I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my wife and I exclusively refer to our JLU as "the Beep Beep" now.
:lol: :nice:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If all this current insanity keeps escalating, your Gladiator will be bringing Seinfeld FJ money in it's magical orange color.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 pm If all this current insanity keeps escalating, your Gladiator will be bringing Seinfeld FJ money in it's magical orange color.
:dat: I also think the offer is normal. We were offered our new price on the Jeep from Carvana. This is the world we live in... trade in value = 90+% of MSRP on desirable 2018+ vehicles.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm
I am not a great person for financial advise, but it will make you happy and I think it will have more staying power. If you go lease the bloo :truk: , sure it'll save you money now but then you'll be back to square one in another year or two. Given you may eventually :nope: out of the OEM game, not being married to their lease :dill: seems good.

That said if you are worried about the cash position, leasing a JLU for :tits: wouldn't be horrible. Move her Beep Beep cash into your :jeep: :truk: and lease her a new one, Cheap Cheap the Leased Beep Beep.
I want out of the OEM game now, which is why I've been considering getting untied with it as much as possible and buying a truck out of the system. But it would help the cash position to keep one lease vehicle, and doing it with a JLU would be ~$100/mo cheaper than a comparable JT. That's why I thought of it originally, but still :notsure: if I want to be tied with the leases at all.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm Also, I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my wife and I exclusively refer to our JLU as "the Beep Beep" now.
:ohdang:

:notsure: if :fuckyeah: or :disgust:

Wife still calls hers beep beep, but she's surprisingly open to the lease idea because she can pick new colors and features as she wants each year (assuming I spend much more time with my current company).

Particularly useful would be the 2021 feature of an auto 4x4 t-case. For her, she could put the thing in auto 4x4 and forget about it all winter. She's gotten pretty good at shifting the t-case as needed, but also :aintcare: when it binds and grinds driving on pavement or tight turns, which makes me :yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 pm If all this current insanity keeps escalating, your Gladiator will be bringing Seinfeld FJ money in it's magical orange color.
It is indeed the cheapest JT Rubicon in any color or mileage that I can find for sale ATM.

Even new with my pricing would be ~$1k more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:29 pm
:ohdang:

:notsure: if :fuckyeah: or :disgust:

Wife still calls hers beep beep, but she's surprisingly open to the lease idea because she can pick new colors and features as she wants each year (assuming I spend much more time with my current company).

Particularly useful would be the 2021 feature of an auto 4x4 t-case. For her, she could put the thing in auto 4x4 and forget about it all winter. She's gotten pretty good at shifting the t-case as needed, but also :aintcare: when it binds and grinds driving on pavement or tight turns, which makes me :yikes:
We both think the Beep Beep thing is funny, so :aintcare: :notbad:

Interesting point on the t-case, glad that that won't be an issue here. I don't think she has ever moved it out of 2H.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:33 pm
It is indeed the cheapest JT Rubicon in any color or mileage that I can find for sale ATM.

Even new with my pricing would be ~$1k more.
In that case, just :doit:

It still seems kind of shitty that the company wouldn't offer you a bit better :dill: as an employee, but I guess the idea is to keep you in a corporate lease, which does make a lot of sense - you're then up to date on the latest product and always in an "on-brand" vehicle. Plus they can probably make more margin on your used vehicle as they have already made money and can just sell it for new MSRP.