Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Yea I am not seeing too many JTs out here, most seems to be with VLOGGERS online who already threw 37s and dana 60s on them...

However... real life I think the Taco makes way more sense given the price points... and I see a shit ton of TURD tacos out here... a lot with brand new paper plates.
Rising tides lifts all boats. Probably a lot of bros see the Gladiator and think it looks :neat: sees the pricing :hellno: and heads over the Toyota dealer to scratch the new midsize truck itch. The Taco is a tremendous value compared to a Gladiator.

I'm way more comfortable in a Colorado than a Tacoma, and that's also a much better value. Basically, I don't see why anyone would buy a loaded JT Rubicon...can't even really wheel it with the long wheelbase.
I haven't been in all of the midsized trucks or anything, but the Taco is just damn underwhelming, I've thought this pretty much every time I've ever been in/driven one. Sure, it's "great value" but still just a pretty meh vehicle I wouldn't feel good paying $40K for. Sure, the Jeep products are pricey but at least they're cool, unique, and nice inside. I don't even like the JT looks-wise but the cool/wow factor can't be denied and that is worth something any time you're paying over $35K for a vehicle, IMO. You're not getting up there in price unless you care to some degree about liking your car.

I am seeing JTs on the road daily now FWIW.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm
Rising tides lifts all boats. Probably a lot of bros see the Gladiator and think it looks :neat: sees the pricing :hellno: and heads over the Toyota dealer to scratch the new midsize truck itch. The Taco is a tremendous value compared to a Gladiator.

I'm way more comfortable in a Colorado than a Tacoma, and that's also a much better value. Basically, I don't see why anyone would buy a loaded JT Rubicon...can't even really wheel it with the long wheelbase.
BTW... A JT is so comfortable when flexing... I found this out on the small course... the JL in comparison rides much more bouncy etc... JT is a great truck if you're ok with the looks/price, but those two are hard to get over.

2020 Taco now has more adjust-ability in the seats apparently. So taller dudes can fit. But that would be a :thisisfine: moment taking that to work.
The long wheelbase on the JT...while detrimental off-road, makes it way more stable and comfortable on-road. I really do like it.

The problem with the Taco is structural IMO. The cab feels too short...like the floor is too high. Unless the seat can become the floor, I don't see it working much better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:09 pm

I haven't been in all of the midsized trucks or anything, but the Taco is just damn underwhelming, I've thought this pretty much every time I've ever been in/driven one. Sure, it's "great value" but still just a pretty meh vehicle I wouldn't feel good paying $40K for. Sure, the Jeep products are pricey but at least they're cool, unique, and nice inside. I don't even like the JT looks-wise but the cool/wow factor can't be denied and that is worth something any time you're paying over $35K for a vehicle, IMO. You're not getting up there in price unless you care to some degree about liking your car.

I am seeing JTs on the road daily now FWIW.
Tacoma has always been a heaping pile of meh to me. I've never even considered one.

JT is special. I really do like them. It's perfect for what I want.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm

What's the difference in lease price on a JT Sport vs that Ram? Similar? And you want the JT? Seems like an easy decision to me.
From what I can tell, the lease price between the two would be similar. PROBLEM being, the JT lease price is 100% hypothetical because there's no employee discount right now. That can change at any moment, because I imagine the local :dillerman: are :triggered: at corp as these things are stacking up on lots here as pretty much everyone can get employee pricing.

I do want a JT... :fullretard: as that may be. A Sport S in Whorange would be a done deal.
I don't think it's :fullretard: at all. Look at my car for reference on that. It would be :fullretard: to not get it when you can very clearly comfortably afford it and really do want it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Here's another option...

FCA offers an employee lease program. It's usually ~1-2% of vehicle MSRP per month, and it's one year, unlimited mileage, insurance, reg, ALL maintenance (including glass and body repair) in one price. It's usually really expensive compared to what you can get at a dealer, but...

For some reason, I can lease a JT through this program (usually if it's excluded from employee pricing at dealer, it's excluded from the lease program). You custom order the vehicle exactly as you want, drive it for a year, corp deducts payment from paycheck, and return.

$597/mo for a Rubicon with Auto, cold weather, leds, remote proximity, hard top. Considering that my insurance is ~$150/mo, this is a Rubicon lease for ~$450/mo all-in ($0 down, $0 out of pocket for any maintenance, unlimited mileage).

If I order this week, it would be here around the time the Colorado goes back.

Hmmmmmm
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:18 pm Here's another option...

FCA offers an employee lease program. It's usually ~1-2% of vehicle MSRP per month, and it's one year, unlimited mileage, insurance, reg, ALL maintenance (including glass and body repair) in one price. It's usually really expensive compared to what you can get at a dealer, but...

For some reason, I can lease a JT through this program (usually if it's excluded from employee pricing at dealer, it's excluded from the lease program). You custom order the vehicle exactly as you want, drive it for a year, corp deducts payment from paycheck, and return.

$597/mo for a Rubicon with Auto, cold weather, leds, remote proximity, hard top. Considering that my insurance is ~$150/mo, this is a Rubicon lease for ~$450/mo all-in ($0 down, $0 out of pocket for any maintenance, unlimited mileage).

Hmmmmmm
This gives you another year for :tits: to decide what to do, and you get to drive what you want.

:popcorn:
Johnny_P

Hmmmmmm
Is there a way to extend said lease program if you like the vehicle?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Hmmmmmm
Is there a way to extend said lease program if you like the vehicle?
Order another or buy the vehicle.
Johnny_P

Is it this?
https://www.chryslercocar.com/retiree/index.html

0 deductible insurance, registration, and plates included and unlimited miles, not responsible for tires or windows.... you can't lose man.
Johnny_P

Shit just do that and then lease/buy when the JTs have $10k on the hood next year because nobody wants to spend $60k on a small truck.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:37 pm Is it this?
https://www.chryslercocar.com/retiree/index.html

0 deductible insurance, registration, and plates included and unlimited miles, not responsible for tires or windows.... you can't lose man.
Yep...that's it.

It's usually stupid expensive. I ran the numbers on the Ram Laramie and it was $750/mo. Minus $150 for insurance...$600. Dealer quoted ~$380 for the same truck...I just couldn't justify that $220 extra.

But this Gladiator deal is rather appealing.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 pm Shit just do that and then lease/buy when the JTs have $10k on the hood next year because nobody wants to spend $60k on a small truck.
I know, right? I'm not sure how I could lose here.
ChrisoftheNorth

Maybe I'll even order a :manuel: because why not? If I don't like it, I'm only committed for a year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:04 pm Maybe I'll even order a :manuel: because why not? If I don't like it, I'm only committed for a year.
:fuckyeah: :manuel: :dedong:

Seems like a good deal man, $600/month all in for a $60k car is cheap.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

That’s a solid deal for sure. :popcorn:
My BIL did something like that when he was working for Toyota.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hmmmmmm
Seems like a way to go, but there will be some :plac: thoughts around "high monthlies" that will likely not let you take this killer :dill: I'd roll in one for a year ... then either buy out... or get new one with 15k on the hood, cuz that's where they'll be at this time of year next year.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Hmmmmmm
Seems like a way to go, but there will be some :plac: thoughts around "high monthlies" that will likely not let you take this killer :dill: I'd roll in one for a year ... then either buy out... or get new one with 15k on the hood, cuz that's where they'll be at this time of year next year.
I don't really care about "high monthlies" these days, plus this is probably only $50 or so more per month than a dealer could do, but zero extra out of pocket is interesting. Especially as a year long bridge as you mentioned.

This is very likely my answer.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm
I don't really care about "high monthlies" these days, plus this is probably only $50 or so more per month than a dealer could do, but zero extra out of pocket is interesting. Especially as a year long bridge as you mentioned.

Seems like a no brainer man... re-visit 1 year from now, and roll in a :aintcare: mobile for 1 year...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Seems like a no brainer man... re-visit 1 year from now, and roll in a :aintcare: mobile for 1 year...
:dat:

Shit, too much agreeing with this. :doomed:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:04 pm Maybe I'll even order a :manuel: because why not? If I don't like it, I'm only committed for a year.
I think drive one... first. I am on the fence about a :manuel: in a heavy 4 door but in a 2 door sport it would be quite a bit of fun, a lot less weight to throw around and have fun with.

Just get the big boy model with all your options and get the :unicorn: :dill: and :aintcare: until next year when the prices make more sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 pm
I think drive one... first. I am on the fence about a :manuel: in a heavy 4 door but in a 2 door sport it would be quite a bit of fun, a lot less weight to throw around and have fun with.

Just get the big boy model with all your options and get the :unicorn: :dill: and :aintcare: until next year when the prices make more sense.
Or I go bare bones and decide what I really want. I want to try a :manuel: but I don't want to commit long term. This could be the way to go.

Right now I'm thinking Rubicon with cold weather, LEDs, hard top, and proximity entry. That's it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Or I go bare bones and decide what I really want. I want to try a :manuel: but I don't want to commit long term. This could be the way to go.

Right now I'm thinking Rubicon with cold weather, LEDs, hard top, and proximity entry. That's it.
Every new :manuel: sold helps the cause bro. :doit:
max225

Rubi comes with leds standard ... so why not ... helps the cause
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Rubi Gladiator doesn't have LEDs standard. :(
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Rubi Gladiator doesn't have LEDs standard. :(
:rage: 45k msrp... and halogens you'd get on a 28k JL

But you only want 2k in options (cold weather+LEDs) so ... 47k msrp.... you should be able to lease that for $400 all in ... No?