Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm
Well...if I wanted to investigate buying the truck out thoroughly. It's the most :scrooge: move available to me.
Well we talked about and moved past it... Gotta feed the hand that feeds :bruh:
Especially when I love the JL/T so much. It's not like I'm compromising, I legit want one badly. It's just :waxer:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Well we talked about and moved past it... Gotta feed the hand that feeds :bruh:
Especially when I love the JL/T so much. It's not like I'm compromising, I legit want one badly. It's just :waxer:
Yea but it's not like you're roughing it right now... I always expect some fuckery with my cars, never had anything that was "perfect". My corvette however had the most issues compared to any other vehicle I have ever owned compared to the age/miles driven. It had about 10 issues.... before 60k miles, which is frankly shit... I get that they are "easy to fix" or whatever but... that's not ok.

1. ABS module
2. Shit hatch paint that bubbled
3. Shitty Varraram that leaked (mod issues)
4. ABS sensors that nearly rubbed through the wires due to the splash shields rubbing on them
5. rear end would squeak every 5k miles until i lubed the bushings
6. Suspension bold broke on the rear spring (somewhat mod issues)
7. Rear end leaking
8. Fit and finish was abysmal with the center plastic panel with 1/2 " gap on passenger side ("they all do that")
9. Crunchy gear box that would refuse to go into 1st occasionally so you'd have to stick it into 4th then 1st.. :wtf:
10. Shifter would vibrate under load and resonate in the car in 4th gear at full throttle.

And I am sure I am missing a few others...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

So?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:28 pm Image

So?
:gonbgud:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm
Yea but it's not like you're roughing it right now... I always expect some fuckery with my cars, never had anything that was "perfect". My corvette however had the most issues compared to any other vehicle I have ever owned compared to the age/miles driven. It had about 10 issues.... before 60k miles, which is frankly shit... I get that they are "easy to fix" or whatever but... that's not ok.

1. ABS module
2. Shit hatch paint that bubbled
3. Shitty Varraram that leaked (mod issues)
4. ABS sensors that nearly rubbed through the wires due to the splash shields rubbing on them
5. rear end would squeak every 5k miles until i lubed the bushings
6. Suspension bold broke on the rear spring (somewhat mod issues)
7. Rear end leaking
8. Fit and finish was abysmal with the center plastic panel with 1/2 " gap on passenger side ("they all do that")
9. Crunchy gear box that would refuse to go into 1st occasionally so you'd have to stick it into 4th then 1st.. :wtf:
10. Shifter would vibrate under load and resonate in the car in 4th gear at full throttle.

And I am sure I am missing a few others...
I think that this is intentional to achieve some EPA rating. It could be disabled but my C6 had it and I just did the 4th then 1st trick too while waiting at a stop.

My C6 wasn't exactly a problem free specimen especially after a first year (2005) release. I do miss it :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

:doge: had a series of seizures Wednesday night, which resulted in us getting zero sleep, so we :nope: on the :dillerman: Thursday night.

No progress has been made other than :tits: still claiming to want a JLR, we took the kayaks to a lake yesterday and of course there was a Sting Gray JLR with the doors and freedumb panels off and a kayak rack on the roof that made her go full :triggered: THAT'S IT LOOKS SO FUN :triggered:

Also saw a Gladiator with the top "down" and she said it looked like "a retarded kid that ran into a table and knocked its forehead"...further..."If you (I) get one, I will never ride in it ever, it's embarrassing".

So the Gladiator is out. I'll never hear the end of it if I do get one. I guess that helps narrow it down, but now it's looking like I'll be stuck with a Ram since she's full blast on the JL now. She was even playing around with the configurator last night without provocation. She's just mad no dealers stock what she wants.

My motivation for this deal is at all time lows. I'm just hoping I can find a cheap Ram to replace the Colorado lease that's up the first week of September (I'm hoping for some labor day salesathon) to be done with it for a while.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am :doge: had a series of seizures Wednesday night, which resulted in us getting zero sleep, so we :nope: on the :dillerman: Thursday night.

No progress has been made other than :tits: still claiming to want a JLR, we took the kayaks to a lake yesterday and of course there was a Sting Gray JLR with the doors and freedumb panels off and a kayak rack on the roof that made her go full :triggered: THAT'S IT LOOKS SO FUN :triggered:

Also saw a Gladiator with the top "down" and she said it looked like "a retarded kid that ran into a table and knocked its forehead"...further..."If you (I) get one, I will never ride in it ever, it's embarrassing".

So the Gladiator is out. I'll never hear the end of it if I do get one. I guess that helps narrow it down, but now it's looking like I'll be stuck with a Ram since she's full blast on the JL now. She was even playing around with the configurator last night without provocation. She's just mad no dealers stock what she wants.

My motivation for this deal is at all time lows. I'm just hoping I can find a cheap Ram to replace the Colorado lease that's up the first week of September (I'm hoping for some labor day salesathon) to be done with it for a while.
The political correctness of :tits: is :amazing: :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am :doge: had a series of seizures Wednesday night, which resulted in us getting zero sleep, so we :nope: on the :dillerman: Thursday night.

The political correctness of :tits: is :amazing: :lolol:
Yea...she's something.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:tits: giving a shit what car(s) we drive. :triggered: :disgust:

What my wife said verbatim about buying an STi with the wing.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 am

:tits: giving a shit what car(s) we drive. :triggered: :disgust:

What my wife said verbatim about buying an STi with the wing.
It makes zero sense. She's done a great job at killing any desire I have for a car transaction. It's :impressive:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

She is the anti :plac:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My :tits: always hates on the JT as well, “that thing is hideous”. “When I saw 20 parked side by side i wanted to throw up “ :wtf: :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sorry to hear about :doge: and the further complications of this garage swap deal. Here's hoping that boo :truk: rots on the lot until the :tubeman: salesathon.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 am She is the anti :plac:
She totally is!
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 am Sorry to hear about :doge: and the further complications of this garage swap deal. Here's hoping that boo :truk: rots on the lot until the :tubeman: salesathon.
I don't even care anymore.

The thing is, if she wants a JL, I'll lease the cheapest possible Ram I can find. IDGAF about ass coolers and panoramic sunroofs and big screens and shit in a :truk:

That's going to be the next battle...

:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

OR I'll lease a Rebel and really set her off with the "cousin fucking" interior design.

:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am OR I'll lease a Rebel and really set her off with the "cousin fucking" interior design.

:triggered:
:doit:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I'm exhausted just reading this thread. And there hasn't even been any :plac: lately.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Oh wow. :iono: I'd just keep the ZR2 over DDing a huge Ass Ram myself, but I would hate to drive a full sizer around. Michigan is liekly better suited for it.

Sorry man, this is just total :butwhy: :wtf:

I still say just get whatever YOU want to drive, let her get what she wants and :dealwithit:

She's :notwrong: about the Gladiator, starting to see them around and they uggggly. JL/JLU is way better IMO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Just get what you want, :tits: are not reasonable, so you might as well be. Get something fun and badass, you earned it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am

Oh wow. :iono: I'd just keep the ZR2 over DDing a huge Ass Ram myself, but I would hate to drive a full sizer around. Michigan is liekly better suited for it.

I still say just get whatever YOU want to drive, let her get what she wants and :dealwithit:

She's :notwrong: about the Gladiator, starting to see them around and they uggggly. JL/JLU is way better IMO.
Spending $33k to buy out the ZR2 thereby giving money to a competitor doesn't sit well with me. If I already owned it, I'd keep it. I really have minimal interest in a full size truck due to the size, but I will NEVER hear the end of it if I get a Gladiator. I personally love the way they look, but admit they're really polarizing. :tits: would go :triggered: non-stop, so the whole "get what you want" in this instance probably won't work out at all.

I like having a pickup around...we use the damned bed constantly. We could just get 2 JL's and a small utility trailer, but that just seems :fullretard: to me for some reason.

I don't even know what I want anymore...I'm really over it all. Right now I'm leaning toward not replacing the ZR2, renting a truck for the weekends when we're camping in Sep/Oct and drive the :poorvette: daily and cross the new vehicle bridge when I get to it in November. :tits: won't have any choice other than to drive the Volt, and that might motivate her to make her own damned decision. Problem is, I'm not driving the :poorvette: in winter so I need something. Maybe just lease the cheapest Compass or Renegayd or something I can find. I dunno. Fully defeated and over it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am

Spending $33k to buy out the ZR2 thereby giving money to a competitor doesn't sit well with me. If I already owned it, I'd keep it. I really have minimal interest in a full size truck due to the size, but I will NEVER hear the end of it if I get a Gladiator. I personally love the way they look, but admit they're really polarizing. :tits: would go :triggered: non-stop, so the whole "get what you want" in this instance probably won't work out at all.

I like having a pickup around...we use the damned bed constantly. We could just get 2 JL's and a small utility trailer, but that just seems :fullretard: to me for some reason.

I don't even know what I want anymore...I'm really over it all. Right now I'm leaning toward not replacing the ZR2, renting a truck for the weekends when we're camping in Sep/Oct and drive the :poorvette: daily and cross the new vehicle bridge when I get to it in November. :tits: won't have any choice other than to drive the Volt, and that might motivate her to make her own damned decision. Problem is, I'm not driving the :poorvette: in winter so I need something. Maybe just lease the cheapest Compass or Renegayd or something I can find. I dunno. Fully defeated and over it.
Sounds like a good plan honestly, let the :tits: situation play out as it may, do you in November when you can't drive the 'vette anymore.

One issue I see is that if she comes back to the :truk: , then you get the :jeep: you want, she's going to steal that. One perk of the JT would be that she'd not steal it, you could have that and the :poorvette: and then you're good to go.. :iono: h8ers gonna h8??
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gladiator or Rebel would be fun :troll: vehicles for a couple weeks then I'm sure he'd get tired of hearing about them. Where the fuck is the Hemi Ram Dakota dammit.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am

Sounds like a good plan honestly, let the :tits: situation play out as it may, do you in November when you can't drive the 'vette anymore.

One issue I see is that if she comes back to the :truk: , then you get the :jeep: you want, she's going to steal that. One perk of the JT would be that she'd not steal it, you could have that and the :poorvette: and then you're good to go.. :iono: h8ers gonna h8??
Yea, we'll see. As nice as the Ram is, I just don't want to DD something that big. I drive mostly through suburban streets that can have heavy traffic at times...I'm way more comfortable in a smaller vehicle. The Colorado/Ranger/JT is ideal to me.

Wrench there is the JT isn't eligible for employee pricing right now, and despite sitting on a bunch, local dealers refuse to go under MSRP. I'm not paying full price for anything in this climate.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 am Gladiator or Rebel would be fun :troll: vehicles for a couple weeks then I'm sure he'd get tired of hearing about them. Where the fuck is the Hemi Ram Dakota dammit.
:dat: