D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:54 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:13 pm

The 8-speed auto is better.

There, I said it.
Like griff, I just like a :manuel: and miss having one. If I can find the right car, it would be a nice plus. A main reason I'd consider a MINI is for :manuel:
:wrong:

You are a stupid luddite.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:02 am
Irish wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:56 am

Smallish trailer = Bed
I just don't have anywhere to store a trailer. I already have to somehow make space for the boat trailer.

That said, the possibility of getting a side by side is high next year, and that will need a trailer, which could double as a truck bed indeed. Towing behind a GX would be 5/7.

Though another "perfect" option would be a GMT800 Avalanche. Might keep an eye out for one on the west coast to bring back next year.
Those GX are nice but I also actually really like the Avalanche, kind of a perfect vehicle for those that actually do :haus: :pinshit: and benefit from a useless bed but also like something nice for road trips.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Like griff, I just like a :manuel: and miss having one. If I can find the right car, it would be a nice plus. A main reason I'd consider a MINI is for :manuel:
:wrong:

You are a stupid luddite.
:mahman:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:02 am
I just don't have anywhere to store a trailer. I already have to somehow make space for the boat trailer.

That said, the possibility of getting a side by side is high next year, and that will need a trailer, which could double as a truck bed indeed. Towing behind a GX would be 5/7.

Though another "perfect" option would be a GMT800 Avalanche. Might keep an eye out for one on the west coast to bring back next year.
Those GX are nice but I also actually really like the Avalanche, kind of a perfect vehicle for those that actually do :haus: :pinshit: and benefit from a useless bed but also like something nice for road trips.
Plus wife "loves them" maybe things will calm down with the market and I can pick one up from out west next year.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Plus wife "loves them" maybe things will calm down with the market and I can pick one up from out west next year.
I work with this chick who has one. She and her wife love it and constantly make lesbian Avalanche driver jokes which is :lolol: to me. It's a funny vehicle to be so enthusiastic about, but overall a great package that is a better :truk: for most :truk: buyers than more traditional :truk:

I think they got theirs for like $5K or less? It is in OK shape, I would probably get a nicer one, but they've had no issues in 1+ years so far.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:29 pm Those GX are nice but I also actually really like the Avalanche, kind of a perfect vehicle for those that actually do :haus: :pinshit: and benefit from a useless bed but also like something nice for road trips.
Wasn't there a Cadillac version at one point? :mahtroy:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm
I work with this chick who has one. She and her wife love it and constantly make lesbian Avalanche driver jokes which is :lolol: to me. It's a funny vehicle to be so enthusiastic about, but overall a great package that is a better :truk: for most :truk: buyers than more traditional :truk:

I think they got theirs for like $5K or less? It is in OK shape, I would probably get a nicer one, but they've had no issues in 1+ years so far.
I found NICE ones in California for like $10k last year. They're probably $20k now, but we'll see what they are in a year or so.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Plus wife "loves them" maybe things will calm down with the market and I can pick one up from out west next year.
Wasn't there a Cadillac version at one point? :mahtroy:
:ohdang: Escalade EXT...

Image :megusta:

I'd slap some smaller wheels and off-road tires on it so I can take it camping, and DONE.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I was just wondering if it might be like the GX470 vs 4runner in that the luxury version is somehow cheaper than the "regular" version used these days because people are weird.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm I was just wondering if it might be like the GX470 vs 4runner in that the luxury version is somehow cheaper than the "regular" version used these days because people are weird.
It's an excellent point, and possibly very valid. Just like the GX, everyone knows the 4Runner, few know the GX. Avalanche vs Escalade EXT is quite possibly the same.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:29 pm
Well, right now the plan is to keep the boat in my dad's heated garage, which is a 4 hour drive downstate. 3 hours of which is on I-75 with a 75mph speed limit, the rest is back roads doing about 60. I don't tow the boat above 70, and even then cruising altitude is closer to 65 (I'm overly cautious when towing, it makes me feel better :gaydance: ). That's a 2x annual trip, once to bring the boat up and once to take it down. Outside of that, it's pretty much going to live on the water, though we may take it to some other inland lakes, which is pretty much just flat 55mph roads.

It's a minor use case, so I'm not considering an HD truck or anything, but I want a vehicle that can at least tow it adequately. I'm not renting something to tow the boat around. A 5k tow rating would work fine for my purposes, but even that is limiting overall.
I guess what i am getting at is, 75mph speed limits and towing a house behind a house seems like a case for a bigger motor. I wouldn't tow anything more than 3500lbs with my taco for extended distances. The thing just doesn't have the power to do so comfortably. Unless pegging it at 5k for 5 hrs is ok. :yikes:
Yea, towing with the CT was painful, but it made it. I'm not making a buying decision based off a limited use case. I'm only towing long distance 2x year, so if it's painful, at least it's only a few times annually. Michigan is mostly flat, so overall meh.

Smaller vehicles simply don't have good torquey engines for towing. I really can't get into the size of the Ram, which is the only way for me to get a vehicle that tows with balls.

A Colorado diesel would work well, but I just don't want a modern diesel for complexity/maintenance reasons.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm
The MT kinda blows in the F gen minis.
:flaccid:

I'll probably just give up and get :tits: the crosstek she wants when the time comes. At least they can be had with slightly more power now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm I was just wondering if it might be like the GX470 vs 4runner in that the luxury version is somehow cheaper than the "regular" version used these days because people are weird.
:notbad:

Escalade :truk: for like $7K would be pretty dece.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
:notbad:

Escalade :truk: for like $7K would be pretty dece.
Indeed. Maybe one day that will be an option...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm
The MT kinda blows in the F gen minis.
I disagree. MT seemed completely fine and super easy to drive
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm 15 minutes from that funky Clubman, I wish I could go take it for a spin. But :tits: is :triggered: that I'll come home with it and has pulled a "it's my birthday (it was on TUESDAY) :howdareu: do something for you :triggered: :sass: "
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:08 pm I'm 15 minutes from that funky Clubman, I wish I could go take it for a spin. But :tits: is :triggered: that I'll come home with it and has pulled a "it's my birthday (it was on TUESDAY) :howdareu: do something for you :triggered: :sass: "
:really:
:rolleyes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:08 pm I'm 15 minutes from that funky Clubman, I wish I could go take it for a spin. But :tits: is :triggered: that I'll come home with it and has pulled a "it's my birthday (it was on TUESDAY) :howdareu: do something for you :triggered: :sass: "
Cucktopia, I'm but a shell of my former self.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It’s my :tits: b day today. This is weird :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:22 pm
It’s my :tits: b day today. This is weird :lol:
:mindblown: The similarities are :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

Same :dillerman: has a fully loaded :manuel: Clubman too. Price doesn't line up compared to the $22k Clubman, but :mindblown: that they have two rather rare :manuel: cars...

https://www.motorcitymini.com/used/MINI ... 34cb7f.htm
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:14 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Cucktopia, I'm but a shell of my former self.
:(
All the feels.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Brothers in Cuckdom :mahman:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm Brothers in Cuckdom :mahman:
:mahman:
:eeyore:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:41 pm
It's an excellent point, and possibly very valid. Just like the GX, everyone knows the 4Runner, few know the GX. Avalanche vs Escalade EXT is quite possibly the same.
I thought the GX was the luxury Land Cruiser size wise.... :mindblown: