Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm Wife did remind me that the bench seat facilitates road head nicely (confirmed in my past full sizers), so at least there's that benefit.
:yikes: haven't heard of road head in years... and with no :tints: you'd be living dangerously.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Meh only other trucks would be able to see in, and what's the harm.

3.21s on this :truk:

I also don't think it'll be that bad with the V6. The RAM will cut through the air better and that will help get back a bit of the high speed acceleration.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 pm Meh only other trucks would be able to see in, and what's the harm.

I also don't think it'll be that bad with the V6. The RAM will cut through the air better and that will help get back a bit of the high speed acceleration.
This has 100+HP on mine bro!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 pm Meh only other trucks would be able to see in, and what's the harm.

Acceleration isn't a concern... Cruising in top gear is.
max225

1200 rpm at 60mph while pushing 5000lbs+ with a brick ... :mindblown:
Last edited by max225 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm Wife did remind me that the bench seat facilitates road head nicely (confirmed in my past full sizers), so at least there's that benefit.
:yikes: haven't heard of road head in years... and with no :tints: you'd be living dangerously.
Middle of Michigan, set cruise at 80, you won't be passed for miles and miles.

It's fantastic, though center consoles get in the way. Bench seat trucks can accommodate a lot...wow.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:32 pm

It's fantastic, though center consoles get in the way. Bench seat trucks can accommodate a lot...wow.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 pm

This has 100+HP on mine bro!
Yeah but it only dropped like 1500rpm between shifts. I wouldn't be worried.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Nah breh, need the full access option.
max225

Can we just appreciate that I found the gif :yikes:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 pm

I don't know what kind of hills big D will be driving through, but if gear hunting between 6,7,8th gear at 75mph on the highway is the biggest complaint I'd say cucktruck experiment would be a success.

Does this truck have eTroque or is that gone?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 pm

I don't know what kind of hills big D will be driving through, but if gear hunting between 6,7,8th gear at 75mph on the highway is the biggest complaint I'd say cucktruck experiment would be a success.

Does this truck have eTroque or is that gone?
It's got eToruqe. Shit, I forgot about that. eTorque actually makes a pretty noticable improvement in performance around town with the V6
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm Can we just appreciate that I found the gif :yikes:
I thought you made it somehow. IDK kinda high
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dang. I haven’t had road head in like a decade :sad:

I think the power will be just fine... the eight speed really is great, I barely notice it when driving which is the best compliment I could give an auto.

:iono: I just don’t care that much in a truck for epic passing power, it’ll break into triple digits easily I’m sure.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:19 pm Dang. I haven’t had road head in like a decade :sad:

I think the power will be just fine... the eight speed really is great, I barely notice it when driving which is the best compliment I could give an auto.

:iono: I just don’t care that much in a truck for epic passing power, it’ll break into triple digits easily I’m sure.
Wait do you have the turbo ?
I mean my dads 300s I drove for 2000 miles or so has very decent power. But it’s pretty aerodynamic and relatively light. I can’t Imagine adding 1500lbs + 50% more front surface area.

Etorque could be the answer tho
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:19 pm Dang. I haven’t had road head in like a decade :sad:

I mean my dads 300s I drove for 2000 miles or so has very decent power. But it’s pretty aerodynamic and relatively light. I can’t Imagine adding 1500lbs + 50% more front surface area.

Yeah we have the turbo... it is pretty great, solid 23 MPG over the life so far, good low down torque, OK highway passing power, the transmission pretty effortlessly just does its thing in the background unnoticed. In the event of a mountain descent or something, manual mode works well enough too.

I think you're right, the RAM will be slow... but I just wouldn't care personally. I drove the slowest :truk: of anyone here for many years/miles and :aintcare: It still gets you there. I just don't really find a ton of power in huge, terrible handling vehicles all that exciting. You just have to pay a bit more attention merging in a slow vehicle, but it's no big deal.
ChrisoftheNorth

The only eTorque 3.6 I've driven was a JL pre production engineering unit that had the "ram programming". It made a noticable difference off the line under 2k rpm, which is where the 3.6 needs the most help. I think it should make a difference in the Ram, but we'll see. It's gonna be slow no matter what.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:23 am

Yeah we have the turbo... it is pretty great, solid 23 MPG over the life so far, good low down torque, OK highway passing power, the transmission pretty effortlessly just does its thing in the background unnoticed. In the event of a mountain descent or something, manual mode works well enough too.

I think you're right, the RAM will be slow... but I just wouldn't care personally. I drove the slowest :truk: of anyone here for many years/miles and :aintcare: It still gets you there. I just don't really find a ton of power in huge, terrible handling vehicles all that exciting. You just have to pay a bit more attention merging in a slow vehicle, but it's no big deal.
This was my POV when ordering the truck. It's never going to be fun, I don't care how much power it has. Might as well just go for efficiency for range.

I am looking forward to some quiet comfort on the highway, that and the large bed will make all my :pinshit: a lot easier. Sick of strapping stuff down while it hangs out just past the tailgate in the JT.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:34 am

The only eTorque 3.6 I've driven was a JL pre production engineering unit that had the "ram programming". It made a noticable difference off the line under 2k rpm, which is where the 3.6 needs the most help. I think it should make a difference in the Ram, but we'll see. It's gonna be slow no matter what.
I read about e torque yesterday and it adds quite a bit of power. Should be interesting
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:34 am
I read about e torque yesterday and it adds quite a bit of power. Should be interesting
It does add quite a bit of power, but all below 2k RPM. I think it might be the savior for the cucktruck around town.
ChrisoftheNorth

The other nice thing about eTorque is the start/stop system is nearly undetectable. It's so smooth since it uses the e-motor to start the ICE engine.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:18 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 am

It does add quite a bit of power, but all below 2k RPM. I think it might be the savior for the cucktruck around town.
that’s where it needs it. At least for me all the power is missing below 2500. And I have “too much” above 4500. Vtech on a truck is :fullretard:

So is the 19th the day you pick it up ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:18 am
that’s where it needs it. At least for me all the power is missing below 2500. And I have “too much” above 4500. Vtech on a truck is :fullretard:

So is the 19th the day you pick it up ?
Agreed, it adds power where the 3.6 needs it the most.

I have an appt to swap the JTR for the cucktruck on the 19th. Trying to get excited just for the newness and will be an interesting experiment for a year.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:19 am The other nice thing about eTorque is the start/stop system is nearly undetectable. It's so smooth since it uses the e-motor to start the ICE engine.
The etorque was really good IMO

I had complaints about the similar system in the A5 rental, but I attribute that to the DCT and 48volt system not being paired well together.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:19 am The other nice thing about eTorque is the start/stop system is nearly undetectable. It's so smooth since it uses the e-motor to start the ICE engine.
The etorque was really good IMO
It particularly shines on engines with less torque like the 3.6. I like it on our JL with the 2.0, but it doesn't help a ton. I imagine it's the same with a 5.7, but I haven't driven one. That option carries a hefty pricetag on the Ram.