wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:31 pm Image
:fuckyeah:
Stratos is the answer.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Get in the car to leave work today, not a trace of anything wrong. Works perfect and drives fantastic. It's such a :lolol: machine.

Looks like I'm chasing Gremlins now. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's the 8 year old battery...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm Get in the car to leave work today, not a trace of anything wrong. Works perfect and drives fantastic. It's such a :lolol: machine.

Occam's razor Brah. Check the battery first.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm Get in the car to leave work today, not a trace of anything wrong. Works perfect and drives fantastic. It's such a :lolol: machine.

8 years, I'd throw the towel in on the battery and just replace it. I preemptively replaced the GTI battery when it began cranking for a while during startup. Ain't nobody wanna get stuck in a bad part of Mahtroit with a Lambo that won't start.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 am

8 years, I'd throw the towel in on the battery and just replace it. I preemptively replaced the GTI battery when it began cranking for a while during startup. Ain't nobody wanna get stuck in a bad part of Mahtroit with a Lambo that won't start.
:lolol: :notbad:

The crazy thing is that for some reason, the car starts INSTANTLY. Flick the key and it fires up with next to no cranking, so there's very little current draw from the battery on startup. I have deep cycled it a few times, though...especially last year with all the screwing around making it run. These cars are sensitive to electronics, so it's probably time to update.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm really torn right now on what to do. Drove the :truk: to work today and it's just so much more pleasurable for the daily slog. ZFG motoring at its finest.

:poorvette: is just so :lolol: :doe: :notsure: I could sell it and be entirely :aintcare: it would probably leave a hole in me where the :stig: lives.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am I'm really torn right now on what to do. Drove the :truk: to work today and it's just so much more pleasurable for the daily slog. ZFG motoring at its finest.

:poorvette: is just so :lolol: :doe: :notsure: I could sell it and be entirely :aintcare: it would probably leave a hole in me where the :stig: lives.
The circle, we go round and round.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am I'm really torn right now on what to do. Drove the :truk: to work today and it's just so much more pleasurable for the daily slog. ZFG motoring at its finest.

The circle, we go round and round.
:dat: I don't want to go round and round on the circle anymore, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Guess I just need to stop viewing the :poorvette: as any sort of daily and just reserve it for days that I really want to drive it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am Guess I just need to stop viewing the :poorvette: as any sort of daily and just reserve it for days that I really want to drive it.
:dat:

It's fine to daily, but the :truk: is so NFG on the daily route. It's the obvious choice.
I drive my :poorvette: on nice days and Fridays at the office and shit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am Guess I just need to stop viewing the :poorvette: as any sort of daily and just reserve it for days that I really want to drive it.

It's fine to daily, but the :truk: is so NFG on the daily route. It's the obvious choice.
Yea, I need to do this.

Once I have the Volt fixed, I won't be depending on it for DD duty.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am
Melon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 am

Yea, I need to do this.

?
Johnny_P

You have the 'Murican dream garage brah. Daily offroader truk, fun vette for the weekends and nice weather.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:34 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am
Yea, I need to do this.

?
Wife was rear-ended back in Feb. Due to Michigan BS "no fault" insurance, I decided to not have insurance fix it because I didn't want to get screwed by rate increases.

We just drove it screwed up :mahtroy: style until Corvette season started and I could pull the Volt off the road and fix it. I have everything pulled apart and new stuff on, just waiting for the bumper to come back from paint.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:35 am
You have the 'Murican dream garage brah. Daily offroader truk, fun vette for the weekends and nice weather.
:dat: I just need to :stfo:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

You need a project.

Fly down and help me with the E30. Do it while the weather is still decent.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am You need a project.

Fly down and help me with the E30. Do it while the weather is still decent.
Wish I could.
wap

:amaze:
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Legit 5/7
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Legit 5/7
I think it should become the official DFD name for Detroit just as MeatChicken is for Michigan.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Legit 5/7
I think it should become the official DFD name for Detroit just as MeatChicken is for Michigan.
So it shall be done.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:59 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:54 pm

So it shall be done.
:fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny is right.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:54 pm I think it should become the official DFD name for Detroit just as MeatChicken is for Michigan.
So it shall be done.
Noted
:like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat: :wtf: Mahtroit Johnny :fuckyeah:

I mean... dude, I daily a C5. Are there days I'd rather hop in a DD thing? Absolutely. That doesn't change the fact that the :poorvette: is a pretty :fuckyeah: thing, man. It's paid for, reliable and you have a lot of money in it. Just enjoy it, and the two car life. I don't like driving :truk: , I would go more the route of Fiesta ST daily, but regardless, sometimes you don't feel like :plaid: :stig: and sometimes you do.