Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:01 pm

No painted hard top or LSD :doe:
Could have LSD...that just gets the slightly more aggressive tires.
These were definitely minivan tires.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Moar Gladiator content...

Noticed an extra button under the fog light button. Pressed it and nothing happened, but an indicator lit on the IP. Went to the bed and found it's for bed lights!

All trucks have bed lights, but they're usually mounted on top of the back of the cab integrated in with the third brake light, which makes them worthless as soon as you add a tonneau. So OEMs sell led bed lights that mount under the rails for extra profit.

With a removable top, Jeep can't do the cab mounted lights, so they put two bright ass LED lights on either side of the bed. This makes them useful with a tonneau! Saves the need to spend $500 extra like you would on another truck. Really great feature.

The bag in the bed is a bag for the freedom panels to sit in when off. It's pretty clever, I'll show that eventually.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:09 pm Could have LSD...that just gets the slightly more aggressive tires.
:|

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:48 pm Moar Gladiator content...

Noticed an extra button under the fog light button. Pressed it and nothing happened, but an indicator lit on the IP. Went to the bed and found it's for bed lights!

All trucks have bed lights, but they're usually mounted on top of the back of the cab integrated in with the third brake light, which makes them worthless as soon as you add a tonneau. So OEMs sell led bed lights that mount under the rails for extra profit.

With a removable top, Jeep can't do the cab mounted lights, so they put two bright ass LED lights on either side of the bed. This makes them useful with a tonneau! Saves the need to spend $500 extra like you would on another truck. Really great feature.

The bag in the bed is a bag for the freedom panels to sit in when off. It's pretty clever, I'll show that eventually.ImageImage

My buddies 2016 ram 1500 has the exact same ones.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:49 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:
:|

I put some pretty nasty miles on those and they held up... M/T at the mall are more :disgust: imo
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:48 pm Moar Gladiator content...

Oh wow, had no idea. That's awesome.

GM would never give these lights away...there's too much profit to be made on the under rail LED accessory.

I prefer FCAs focus on the customer.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:49 pm :|

I put some pretty nasty miles on those and they held up... M/T at the mall are more :disgust: imo
I like the tweeners on our JL. A slightly more aggressive tread pattern and sidewall, but still excellent on road.

I even opted for the ATs on my Gladiator. I don't want MTs, they're overkill for everything and suck on the road.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:04 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm

GM would never give these lights away...there's too much profit to be made on the under rail LED accessory.

While I agree that these are very useful. I find the mention of GM not “giving stuff away” ironic since you have to pay for a roof @ fca

:lolgasm:
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:06 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:59 pm

I like the tweeners on our JL. A slightly more aggressive tread pattern and sidewall, but still excellent on road.

I even opted for the ATs on my Gladiator. I don't want MTs, they're overkill for everything and suck on the road.
Yea makes perfect sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:04 pm

While I agree that these are very useful. I find the mention of GM not “giving stuff away” ironic since you have to pay for a roof @ fca

The base soft top that's standard is really nice IMO. If I didn't deal with winter, I would have gone with that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:46 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:08 pm

The base soft top that's standard is really nice IMO. If I didn't deal with winter, I would have gone with that.
:idbu: since it would kill your chance of a twosome.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Oh shit! I forgot about that, you're right. :(
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:02 pm
:icwydt:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 pm Drove the JL last night and had little remorse for the screen and lights. We'll see if that changes eventually.

Installed all weather mats in the Gladiator last night. Decided to buy them because I'll be having a Gladiator for years and can take them from truck to truck.

What could be cool about floor mats? They integrate in with the drain plugs in the floor. That's fucking cool! ImageImageImageImageImage

I ordered the mats with my JL. They are great except one thing... The driver side will not stay locked into the drain hole in the floorboard with all the heel movement on the pedals. Not a big deal, but just a bit annoying. Push it into the floor, and 3 days later it popped out.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 pm Drove the JL last night and had little remorse for the screen and lights. We'll see if that changes eventually.

Installed all weather mats in the Gladiator last night. Decided to buy them because I'll be having a Gladiator for years and can take them from truck to truck.

What could be cool about floor mats? They integrate in with the drain plugs in the floor. That's fucking cool! ImageImageImageImageImage

I ordered the mats with my JL. They are great except one thing... The driver side will not stay locked into the drain hole in the floorboard with all the heel movement on the pedals. Not a big deal, but just a bit annoying. Push it into the floor, and 3 days later it popped out.
Very interesting. It's so close to the outboard retention point that I figured that would't be an issue. We'll see how it goes.

Wife's JL has these mats, but the :dillerman: didn't insert them through the carpet. Not sure if I'll do it or not, I don't want stuff getting inside.
max225

I mean that plug is sort of a gimmick. If you have enough fluid there to need a drain plug you got bigger issues, no?

I would much rather pick up the mat and dump it out and clean it. Than do pull a plug through liquid and have it possibly leak on the carpet etc
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Very interesting. It's so close to the outboard retention point that I figured that would't be an issue. We'll see how it goes.

Wife's JL has these mats, but the :dillerman: didn't insert them through the carpet. Not sure if I'll do it or not, I don't want stuff getting inside.
I'm actually thinking about a common issue you guys would know nothing about...salt water in winter. Getting in the truck with snowy and salty boots, that stuff melts into a puddle on the floor. Taking the mat out usually results in it spilling on the carpet, then you get to clean salt stains off the carpet, which isn't fun. I'm hoping that the drain plug could be pulled, and most of it pushed out, then you could pour some water on the mat to finish cleaning and let it drain out.

Indeed, if you're cleaning mud or something tough, you'll probably want to remove the mat.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am

I'm actually thinking about a common issue you guys would know nothing about...salt water in winter. Getting in the truck with snowy and salty boots, that stuff melts into a puddle on the floor. Taking the mat out usually results in it spilling on the carpet, then you get to clean salt stains off the carpet, which isn't fun. I'm hoping that the drain plug could be pulled, and most of it pushed out, then you could pour some water on the mat to finish cleaning and let it drain out.

Indeed, if you're cleaning mud or something tough, you'll probably want to remove the mat.
I mean I get to be in the snow also, I usually try to shake as much of it off before getting into the car, then over long drives it does in fact melt but then it sort of dries up ? :iono:

A drain plug requirement would mean there is like a quart of liquid there or more ... which would be quite nuts. I also wouldn’t want to pour more water while in the car, wouldn’t it make more sense to take it out and hose it off?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 am

I mean I get to be in the snow also, I usually try to shake as much of it off before getting into the car, then over long drives it does in fact melt but then it sort of dries up ? :iono:

A drain plug requirement would mean there is like a quart of liquid there or more ... which would be quite nuts. I also wouldn’t want to pour more water while in the car, wouldn’t it make more sense to take it out and hose it off?
Not if there's nowhere to hose it because it's below freezing out.

I dunno, I'll find out if it gimmick or not.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:41 am

:dat: winter is coming
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:45 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:41 am

:dat: winter is coming
:excited:

I love the changing seasons. Fall (now) is my absolutely favorite. Winter is :fuckyeah: to me until about Feb...when it's barely half over. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:19 pm

Yeah, most people don't clap their feet off.

Somehow the wife's side of the :jeep: gets fucking filthy and she rides in it maybe 1/10th of the time I do. I don't understand how she tracks so much crud into my cars.

She is one of the people I'd love to have a mat that drains to the street for.
My wife doesn't, despite me always asking her to. Her side is always a disaster. I remember once an early snow storm hit, and I didn't have the rubber mats in the Volt. I get in the car the day after she drove it, and it wreaked of mildew smell. Felt the mat and it was completely soaked. Searched for leaks, nothing. Put the rubber mat in, then the next time she drove I saw the massive puddle.

:rolleyes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Somehow the wife's side of the :jeep: gets fucking filthy and she rides in it maybe 1/10th of the time I do. I don't understand how she tracks so much crud into my cars.

Z by now your inanimate objects have been trained to self shed contaminants or risk your wrath. Gum doesn't stick on your shoes. You might have noticed your cars don't get as dirty as others because of the self shedding properties of your paint. Not everyone else is running this kind of cleanliness horsepower.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Z by now your inanimate objects have been trained to self shed contaminants or risk your wrath. Gum doesn't stick on your shoes. You might have noticed your cars don't get as dirty as others because of the self shedding properties of your paint. Not everyone else is running this kind of cleanliness horsepower.
:lol: :amaze:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:26 pm

My wife doesn't, despite me always asking her to. Her side is always a disaster. I remember once an early snow storm hit, and I didn't have the rubber mats in the Volt. I get in the car the day after she drove it, and it wreaked of mildew smell. Felt the mat and it was completely soaked. Searched for leaks, nothing. Put the rubber mat in, then the next time she drove I saw the massive puddle.

:rolleyes:
:wtf: usually the female creatures are cleaner than the male...