Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One time our occasional visitor from Denver with the customized T4R said "Guys who run their fog lights during the day are douchebags, no exceptions." I feel this way about the shipping protector Chally guys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2020-Dodg ... Sw-0Jf-hOn

:disgust:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Good luck on the ol switcheroo today
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am One time our occasional visitor from Denver with the customized T4R said "Guys who run their fog lights during the day are douchebags, no exceptions." I feel this way about the shipping protector Chally guys.

So much :butwhy: here. I just don't get it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:01 am Good luck on the ol switcheroo today
:dat:
In4deets/pics/updates
:popcorn:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am One time our occasional visitor from Denver with the customized T4R said "Guys who run their fog lights during the day are douchebags, no exceptions." I feel this way about the shipping protector Chally guys.

Same goes for TRD pro fakers. grille and skid plate bolt on and they get badges off eBay. Even brand new tacos they still do it. :disgust:

Taken by yours truly
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

@wap in the upper right of the screen...

It's as bad as I expected it to be. But the blue is gorgeous, and it overall looks ok. Interior is way nicer than it has any business being and it's stupid quiet and comfortable. Just feels MASSIVE and already can't wait to get rid of it. Oh well.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Pics of the cloth? Interested if it's the same as the Big Horn rental I had. Those were super :nice:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Looks nice dude. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I think it looks badass!
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:58 pm Image

It's as bad as I expected it to be. But the blue is gorgeous, and it overall looks ok. Interior is way nicer than it has any business being and it's stupid quiet and comfortable. Just feels MASSIVE and already can't wait to get rid of it. Oh well.
Oh wow poverty dash :yikes:

Blue is nice as are the tires. Is the orange :truk: gone? How does this blue thing drive on the freeway as far as power compared to the JT
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:jimp:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:58 pm @wap in the upper right of the screen...

:triggered:

5/7 color, :doe: ! :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:04 pm Pics of the cloth? Interested if it's the same as the Big Horn rental I had. Those were super :nice:
I'll take some pics, it's actually really :nice:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:52 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:04 pm Pics of the cloth? Interested if it's the same as the Big Horn rental I had. Those were super :nice:
I'll take some pics, it's actually really :nice:
Sweet thank you
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It looks like a real truck to me, wheels/tires/bumpers all look good. Heck, I even like the dash. The only :notsure: thing to me is it's actual proportions IRL.

Curious about highway power and transmission programming.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Blue is nice as are the tires. Is the orange :truk: gone? How does this blue thing drive on the freeway as far as power compared to the JT
Playing with it more, the dash does everything the fancy JL/T does, just on a smaller screen. It's :impressive: with configurability. Despite being poverty, I actually like the design with round very legible gauges. The tiny radio is the crappiest part of the interior, and even then it sounds decent. Wife and I were coming back from dinner last night and wife mentioned how hot it was... "is the heater stuck on?" nope, it just doesn't have auto climate control, just turn the knob less red and into blue. I can't remember the last time I had a vehicle with manual single zone hvac, and I honestly like the simplicity.

The most incredible thing BY FAR is how quiet and comfortable it is to drive. I was doing 80 on the freeway and didn't even notice until I looked down. The transmission once again saves the day with really fast and eager shifts, so while it doesn't have much power and shitty final drive gears, it always downshifts fast enough to find the right gear and I honestly don't feel the need for more power on the highway.

The only time the power sucks is at take off. It feels like it needs a shorter first gear, but really I just need to adjust my driving style and go deeper into the throttle than I'm used to when taking off. It's adequate.

The size is going to be the hardest thing to get used to. It's just so massive feeling compared to the JL/T...mostly the width that throws me off. But the off road group really did seem to noticably lift the truck. It's taller than I am (6'5), while my JT managed to be relatively shorter. We pulled up next to a brand new F150 at a light last night and felt like we dwarfed it, mostly due to the ride height. I'm going to park it next to more trucks for a size comparison just out of curiosity because it feels like a big bitch.

More highway miles today with a trip to Ikea. Really curious to watch the efficiency.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:09 pm It looks like a real truck to me, wheels/tires/bumpers all look good. Heck, I even like the dash. The only :notsure: thing to me is it's actual proportions IRL.

Curious about highway power and transmission programming.
The proportions make it look like a real truck to me. Small cab big bed. THATS a pickup.

:truckyeah:
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:28 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Playing with it more, the dash does everything the fancy JL/T does, just on a smaller screen. It's :impressive: with configurability. Despite being poverty, I actually like the design with round very legible gauges. The tiny radio is the crappiest part of the interior, and even then it sounds decent. Wife and I were coming back from dinner last night and wife mentioned how hot it was... "is the heater stuck on?" nope, it just doesn't have auto climate control, just turn the knob less red and into blue. I can't remember the last time I had a vehicle with manual single zone hvac, and I honestly like the simplicity.

The most incredible thing BY FAR is how quiet and comfortable it is to drive. I was doing 80 on the freeway and didn't even notice until I looked down. The transmission once again saves the day with really fast and eager shifts, so while it doesn't have much power and shitty final drive gears, it always downshifts fast enough to find the right gear and I honestly don't feel the need for more power on the highway.

The only time the power sucks is at take off. It feels like it needs a shorter first gear, but really I just need to adjust my driving style and go deeper into the throttle than I'm used to when taking off. It's adequate.

The size is going to be the hardest thing to get used to. It's just so massive feeling compared to the JL/T...mostly the width that throws me off. But the off road group really did seem to noticably lift the truck. It's taller than I am (6'5), while my JT managed to be relatively shorter. We pulled up next to a brand new F150 at a light last night and felt like we dwarfed it, mostly due to the ride height. I'm going to park it next to more trucks for a size comparison just out of curiosity because it feels like a big bitch.

More highway miles today with a trip to Ikea. Really curious to watch the efficiency.
Keep us posted. I have a lot of miles in the last gen 1500. It also dwarfs my “factory” lifted taco.

Size is blessing and curse for sure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I think you're going to be happier with this than you anticipate. I'd drive the shit out of that thing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I keep coming back to look at the pix. Looks good :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 pm I keep coming back to look at the pix. Looks good :jimp:
Seat pic...

The material is a really nice dark grey, almost looks like a suit. Nicer than the truck deserves TBH.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

@wap...

The poverty radio has next to no functionality, but it has a HARD BUTTON for the compass, which makes the entire screen a compass. :megusta: :butwhy: :wap: :zing:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:02 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 pm I keep coming back to look at the pix. Looks good :jimp:
Seat pic...

The material is a really nice dark grey, almost looks like a suit. Nicer than the truck deserves TBH.
Same seats as the Bighorn! Loved these!
ChrisoftheNorth

Just put ~40 miles on it all highway. Compared to the JT, it feels like a luxury vehicle. It's SO QUIET and the ride is crazy nice...not floaty, but not firm either. The seats are easily the most comfortable I've sat in for a :truk: and I was worried I was going to fall asleep driving. It's like a couch, in all the best ways. Cruising at 75 is EFFORTLESS especially compared to the JT. Really a nice experience. :tits: is absolutely in love with the truck despite it having no options, she claims it's nicer than the JT in every way.

And of course, the V6 still proved to be fine. It spends most of the time in 7th gear, treating 8th as a deep overdrive. I've found that letting off the gas just a tad can coerce it into 8th, and then it'll stay there and the indicated fuel economy was :impressive: 23-26 75mph. Tomorrow we'll be putting 300 miles back up state, so will be an interesting fuel economy test.

Went to Ikea, picked up some stacking twin beds for the guest room, and the boxes fit in the bed straight with the tailgate up. Oh how it's nice to have a long bed. There was a dude with a crew cab 5' Ram parked in the loading zone next to us. When I backed in, he was strapping down the boxes he bought, I threw ours in and threw the tailgate up and left before he was done. THAT rules because I'm constantly loading long stuff in the bed.

Overall, the thing is growing on me fast. I actually had an old dude compliment the bright blue and black look with steel wheels...he was really into the wheels "I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY STILL MADE STEELIES ON NEW TRUCKS". :trollface:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:02 pm
Seat pic...

Same seats as the Bighorn! Loved these!
Insanely comfy.