Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

For $80,000 you can get a used boat that will do 70 mph. Just do that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm

No different than flying rainbow and blm flags all over the place. I wish people kept their :fullretard: opinions to themselves in public.
Except for hanging the F Bomb in front of your CF. Stay classy bruh.
My HOA has a LOT of Rainbow flags. :foreveralone:
A friend and I actually discussed this while watching the CFs (who were ~10yo) play around the boat. When I was that age, the F Bomb was BAD. Like soap in mouth, grounded and never see the light of day, end times bad. My friend who's the same age concurred. That was ~25-30 years ago, but now, it's NBD to display it on a 6 foot tall flag for all the world to see while your kids play around underneath. These are the same people that claim to want the glory days "back", but weren't those times more polite and less offensive? I also recall my mother throwing a fit when Clinton was elected, but she got over it and moved on within a day. There was no flag flying or temper tantrums, in fact I distinctly remember her telling me "the president commands respect, no matter who he is". It's baffling this is no longer the case.

I'm unoffendable, but I just think the entire thing is so odd. Nobody flies flags in our neighborhood, even political signs were minimal and were removed quickly after the election. I like it this way, I don't want to see any of that crap.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:29 pm For $80,000 you can get a used boat that will do 70 mph. Just do that.
My $10k Bayliner will do 55, and it feels like :plaid: when it does.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:59 pm
I've been called a :pussy: by a few friends because I refuse to be under the influence of anything when I'm captain. AT MOST I'll have one light beer, and only when we first arrive at a destination that I know we'll be at for hours. I've seen more scary scenes in my first few months as a boater than I care to admit to, and as such I absolutely must keep all my senses sharp. I have what I consider to be a healthy fear (maybe respect is a better word) of the water that I just can't shake. I have plenty of fun, but take it seriously. Some say too seriously. :iono:

Because of what I've seen, I'm not even interested in PWC, let alone one of these. Looks like fun in the video, but pretty scary IRL.
As do I, healthy fear of what can happen on the water, especially with a multitude of:derp: but I still go like a a bat out of hell if the opportunity presents itself....

I am the same way with cars....

This PWC is way too :waxer: anyhow...

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019-se ... l-7871070/
What I've come to appreciate is how perfect the conditions need to be to go like a bat out of hell. Maybe it's just because we're on pretty big water, but it's rare that the water can accommodate going much over 30mph. That or I'm just a :pussy: Probably that. I'll do 35 going downhill on a bicycle, but 30mph on anything other than glassy water is a :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:29 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:18 pm

As do I, healthy fear of what can happen on the water, especially with a multitude of:derp: but I still go like a a bat out of hell if the opportunity presents itself....

I am the same way with cars....

This PWC is way too :waxer: anyhow...

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019-se ... l-7871070/
The Seabreacher looks like a way to flex on your wealthy lakefront neighbors, which will then end in a products liablity wrongful death lawsuit when little Jimmy ends up at the bottom of the lake because he couldn't pop the hatch.
The rich get richer. What's little Jimmy worth, $10M?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:29 pm

The Seabreacher looks like a way to flex on your wealthy lakefront neighbors, which will then end in a products liablity wrongful death lawsuit when little Jimmy ends up at the bottom of the lake because he couldn't pop the hatch.
Nah. Little Jimmy has done nothing but smoke weed and bang chicks, even a white guy with no education and no projected earnings is not worth 10 mil.

The real problem is that the Seabreacher was created by "two dudes"...........not Bombardier, so good luck collecting on your judgment.

The watercraft was designed and developed by two engineers—New Zealander Rob Innes and his partner American Dan Piazza—who are also the founders of the American company Innespace Inc., which markets, builds and sells the semisub watercraft to customers. It is the production model of the single-seat Innespace Dolphin. The concept came from VASH (variable attitude submersible hydrofoil), which was invented by Thomas "Doc" Rowe[3] and Dennis "Dusty" Kaiser in 1987 with his boat, Noland Won.[4]
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Nah. Little Jimmy has done nothing but smoke weed and bang chicks, even a white guy with no education and no projected earnings is not worth 10 mil.

The real problem is that the Seabreacher was created by "two dudes"...........not Bombardier, so good luck collecting on your judgment.

The watercraft was designed and developed by two engineers—New Zealander Rob Innes and his partner American Dan Piazza—who are also the founders of the American company Innespace Inc., which markets, builds and sells the semisub watercraft to customers. It is the production model of the single-seat Innespace Dolphin. The concept came from VASH (variable attitude submersible hydrofoil), which was invented by Thomas "Doc" Rowe[3] and Dennis "Dusty" Kaiser in 1987 with his boat, Noland Won.[4]
I'd never trust two random dudes to create a safe semi-submersible anything. It's not like a car that breaks down and you call a tow truck from the side of the road, this fucker sinks and you're dead. Drowning dead, which is only trumped by burning to death in ways I REALLY don't want to go out. Actually, I think I'm more afraid of drowning than burning. Drowning in a fucking $80k dolphin built by two dudes from opposite sides of the world. At least it's a colorful obituary?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:44 pm

I'd never trust two random dudes to create a safe semi-submersible anything. It's not like a car that breaks down and you call a tow truck from the side of the road, this fucker sinks and you're dead. Drowning dead, which is only trumped by burning to death in ways I REALLY don't want to go out. Actually, I think I'm more afraid of drowning than burning. Drowning in a fucking $80k dolphin built by two dudes from opposite sides of the world. At least it's a colorful obituary?
All of this to the billionth power.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:44 pm Nah. Little Jimmy has done nothing but smoke weed and bang chicks, even a white guy with no education and no projected earnings is not worth 10 mil.

But it's the only way to play Maverick without having millions of dollars.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:55 pm
Detroit wrote: I'd never trust two random dudes to create a safe semi-submersible anything. It's not like a car that breaks down and you call a tow truck from the side of the road, this fucker sinks and you're dead. Drowning dead, which is only trumped by burning to death in ways I REALLY don't want to go out. Actually, I think I'm more afraid of drowning than burning. Drowning in a fucking $80k dolphin built by two dudes from opposite sides of the world. At least it's a colorful obituary?
But it's the only way to play Maverick without having millions of dollars.
I'd be too afraid of ending up like Goose to really enjoy it :doe:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Visibility is zero in that thing while submersed and .... a boat or a jet ski can appear in your path in a heartbeat....

Better hope the crash kills you outright, because it is rather difficult to swim to safety with a fractured skull, broken limbs and internal injuries.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:53 pm Visibility is zero in that thing while submersed and .... a boat or a jet ski can appear in your path in a heartbeat....

Better hope the crash kills you outright, because it is rather difficult to swim to safety with a fractured skull, broken limbs and internal injuries.
Good luck opening up a cracked and flooding canopy while you’re underwater in strapped to a Chinese seat with a 4 point harness that is sticking
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:26 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:53 pm Visibility is zero in that thing while submersed and .... a boat or a jet ski can appear in your path in a heartbeat....

Good luck opening up a cracked and flooding canopy while you’re underwater in strapped to a Chinese seat with a 4 point harness that is sticking
Exactly
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:waiting:
ChrisoftheNorth

I had one hell of an experience towing the boat on Friday, figured I'd update this thread a bit.

Boat came out a few weeks ago, hoists are coming out this week for winter. Bitter sweet, but an epic first boating season. I looked into storing the boat locally to me, and most indoor storage was in the $500 or so for the winter range, not heated. My dad has a heated garage 250 miles away in the Detroit area that's EMPTY all winter other than his Vagon on the hoist, so free heated boat storage for the winter enticed me to tow the boat down. We have a ridiculously generous neighbor who insisted I use his 2017 Tahoe Premier to tow the boat down state, and I took him up on the offer.

Before departing, I checked the trailer tires and added air to make sure they were at the right pressure. When I bought the boat in April, I went through the bearings on the trailer, replacing all of them and using fresh grease, drove it 2,000 miles home with no issue, and so assumed the bearing were good for this 250 mile tow. Hitched up the boat to the Tahoe, lights worked, everything was good, so we hit the road. The first 120 miles were uneventful, cruising 60ish on 2-lane roads and highways. Then disaster struck.

Cruising at 65 in the right lane on the highway, I felt some sort of shudder, checked the side mirror to look at the trailer and saw something fly off the wheel. Without hesitation, I pulled over immediately assuming something bad just happened. What I found was indeed bad. Very bad. The wheel had fallen off. Somehow the spindle nut had worked itself off and what I saw in the mirror was the grease cap, axle nut, and outer bearing ejecting onto the highway. The wheel was no longer attached at all, with the wheel hub just riding on the spindle. Holy shit. The fact that I got the rig onto the shoulder without the wheel flying off was a miracle.

I stood on the side of the road in disbelief, then fix it mode set in. 120 miles from our destination, seemingly middle of nowhere, it was 3:45 on a Friday, I knew I had to act quickly if I was going to make contact with any sort of repair place. Incredibly, google indicated an "RV and trailer repair" shop 12 minutes from where we were, so I unhooked the boat and hightailed it to the destination leaving the boat with precariously placed disconnected wheel on the side of the highway.

We get to the place, which is just a pole barn with hundreds of RVs around in various states of storage and repair. I walk into the mobile home office and a lady asked me how she could help, I told her I had a wheel fall off my boat trailer on the highway and she said "uh oh, better talk to Brian". We find Brian working in the pole barn and I explain the situation. He looks at me and says "brother, I've been there, we're gonna get you fixed up". It's 4:15 on Friday at this point, and he gives me a few bearings and spindle nuts to test fit to see if maybe I could limp it to his shop. If not, he told me to bring the wheel back and he'd help me find a tow. Did I luck the fuck out like I've never lucked out before?

Head back to the boat, I use the bottle jack from the Tahoe to jack up the trailer to remove the wheel and check out the spindle damage. The bearings he gave me were close, but no cigar and the threads on the spindle where a bit chewed up from riding on the wheel hub so the nut wouldn't screw on all the way. I took a bunch of pictures, grabbed the wheel and went back to Brian.

It was 5pm when I got back to him, and showed him the pictures and the wheel. He took a look at it and said, "we can get you to Detroit tonight" with incredible confidence. He got on the phone to call his friend with a tow company, and they went out to pick up the boat. I told him that if he could just let me use his tools, I'd pay him well and he could head out to enjoy his Friday night. He just said "maybe, but let's see how bad things are when the boat gets here". I head out to the bank to grab some cash and while I'm gone, Brian goes about replacing the bearings and races in the hub.

The tow dudes got the boat to us in record time, and it was sitting outside Brian's shop when I got back from the bank 20 minutes or so later. They charged me $200, which I gave them $250 and told them to go have some beers on us because they were so fast and managed to not damage a thing despite the trailer missing a wheel. They were stoked, as was I.

Then the rain started. It was 5:45, and Brian looks to the sky and says, "welp, I was going to have a bonfire with some friends tonight, looks like that's canceled, so let's get you fixed up". The boat was next to an RV he was working on, so he extended the awning so we would work out of the rain. He handed me some rags and brake clean so I could clean up the spindle. While I did that, he grabbed some files to clean up the spindle and threads. We used a thread file to clean up the threads well enough to screw the nut on easily, then carefully filed the parts of the spindle that were chewed up from the wheel hub riding on it preventing new bearings from going on. Along the way, he told me about his training and certification as a trailer mechanic, telling me war stories, and explaining why RVs are complete junk and to never buy one. He was an incredibly awesome human, and by 6:30 we were lowering the trailer back onto it's newly replaced wheel. I borrowed his jack to jack up the other side to check to make sure it was ok, and it checked out to both of us.

"I don't want to give you bad advice, but I'd consider this fixed if it were me, drive it home and worry about it later." He went on the say that he's seen way worse in service for a long time but cautioned me to do whatever made me comfortable. I liked his confidence, and agreed. I asked him what I owed him, and he looked at the clock, did some math in his head and said "I dunno, how's a hundred bucks sound?". I said "you just gave up your Friday night to help a stranger for 3 hours in the rain, so it sounds too low", gave him $200 and off we went. I did 60 in the right lane the whole way back and both wheels stayed on, no drama thankfully.

Neither Brian nor I could figure out how this happened. I'm not even sure if I could have checked it before leaving and prevented it. There was plenty of grease, so it didn't dry out or anything, might have just been a freak part failure? The boat trailer needs quite a bit of help in fixing lights, wiring, and brakes, so I'm going to go through the entire thing before spring so hopefully this doesn't happen again. I got insanely lucky to find such a great helpful dude in the middle of nowhere, sometimes bad things happen but the solution ends up being :notbad: in the end.
ChrisoftheNorth

In :plac: news, pretty sure we're going to be shopping Tahoes in a few months. The thing is perfect for what we want, and we can even sleep in the back on trips like a van. I really liked that thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 am In :plac: news, pretty sure we're going to be shopping Tahoes in a few months. The thing is perfect for what we want, and we can even sleep in the back on trips like a van. I really liked that thing.
Tahoes are indeed :nice: I would much rather have one than a :truk: , but it really comes down to needs.

:impressive: store, reminds me of the Bang Bus days, figuring shit out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere because there were no other options.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 am In :plac: news, pretty sure we're going to be shopping Tahoes in a few months. The thing is perfect for what we want, and we can even sleep in the back on trips like a van. I really liked that thing.
:mahtroy: I knew the cucktrek wouldn’t last.

Did the inventory sitch improve on them yet ? Based on the 20/30 or so Chevy dealers I have seen in the last few weeks they are picked completely clean. FCA, on the other hand has a bit of inventory and so did Ford … visually speaking
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:24 am I had one hell of an experience towing the boat on Friday, figured I'd update this thread a bit.

Boat came out a few weeks ago, hoists are coming out this week for winter. Bitter sweet, but an epic first boating season. I looked into storing the boat locally to me, and most indoor storage was in the $500 or so for the winter range, not heated. My dad has a heated garage 250 miles away in the Detroit area that's EMPTY all winter other than his Vagon on the hoist, so free heated boat storage for the winter enticed me to tow the boat down. We have a ridiculously generous neighbor who insisted I use his 2017 Tahoe Premier to tow the boat down state, and I took him up on the offer.

Before departing, I checked the trailer tires and added air to make sure they were at the right pressure. When I bought the boat in April, I went through the bearings on the trailer, replacing all of them and using fresh grease, drove it 2,000 miles home with no issue, and so assumed the bearing were good for this 250 mile tow. Hitched up the boat to the Tahoe, lights worked, everything was good, so we hit the road. The first 120 miles were uneventful, cruising 60ish on 2-lane roads and highways. Then disaster struck.

Cruising at 65 in the right lane on the highway, I felt some sort of shudder, checked the side mirror to look at the trailer and saw something fly off the wheel. Without hesitation, I pulled over immediately assuming something bad just happened. What I found was indeed bad. Very bad. The wheel had fallen off. Somehow the spindle nut had worked itself off and what I saw in the mirror was the grease cap, axle nut, and outer bearing ejecting onto the highway. The wheel was no longer attached at all, with the wheel hub just riding on the spindle. Holy shit. The fact that I got the rig onto the shoulder without the wheel flying off was a miracle.

I stood on the side of the road in disbelief, then fix it mode set in. 120 miles from our destination, seemingly middle of nowhere, it was 3:45 on a Friday, I knew I had to act quickly if I was going to make contact with any sort of repair place. Incredibly, google indicated an "RV and trailer repair" shop 12 minutes from where we were, so I unhooked the boat and hightailed it to the destination leaving the boat with precariously placed disconnected wheel on the side of the highway.

We get to the place, which is just a pole barn with hundreds of RVs around in various states of storage and repair. I walk into the mobile home office and a lady asked me how she could help, I told her I had a wheel fall off my boat trailer on the highway and she said "uh oh, better talk to Brian". We find Brian working in the pole barn and I explain the situation. He looks at me and says "brother, I've been there, we're gonna get you fixed up". It's 4:15 on Friday at this point, and he gives me a few bearings and spindle nuts to test fit to see if maybe I could limp it to his shop. If not, he told me to bring the wheel back and he'd help me find a tow. Did I luck the fuck out like I've never lucked out before?

Head back to the boat, I use the bottle jack from the Tahoe to jack up the trailer to remove the wheel and check out the spindle damage. The bearings he gave me were close, but no cigar and the threads on the spindle where a bit chewed up from riding on the wheel hub so the nut wouldn't screw on all the way. I took a bunch of pictures, grabbed the wheel and went back to Brian.

It was 5pm when I got back to him, and showed him the pictures and the wheel. He took a look at it and said, "we can get you to Detroit tonight" with incredible confidence. He got on the phone to call his friend with a tow company, and they went out to pick up the boat. I told him that if he could just let me use his tools, I'd pay him well and he could head out to enjoy his Friday night. He just said "maybe, but let's see how bad things are when the boat gets here". I head out to the bank to grab some cash and while I'm gone, Brian goes about replacing the bearings and races in the hub.

The tow dudes got the boat to us in record time, and it was sitting outside Brian's shop when I got back from the bank 20 minutes or so later. They charged me $200, which I gave them $250 and told them to go have some beers on us because they were so fast and managed to not damage a thing despite the trailer missing a wheel. They were stoked, as was I.

Then the rain started. It was 5:45, and Brian looks to the sky and says, "welp, I was going to have a bonfire with some friends tonight, looks like that's canceled, so let's get you fixed up". The boat was next to an RV he was working on, so he extended the awning so we would work out of the rain. He handed me some rags and brake clean so I could clean up the spindle. While I did that, he grabbed some files to clean up the spindle and threads. We used a thread file to clean up the threads well enough to screw the nut on easily, then carefully filed the parts of the spindle that were chewed up from the wheel hub riding on it preventing new bearings from going on. Along the way, he told me about his training and certification as a trailer mechanic, telling me war stories, and explaining why RVs are complete junk and to never buy one. He was an incredibly awesome human, and by 6:30 we were lowering the trailer back onto it's newly replaced wheel. I borrowed his jack to jack up the other side to check to make sure it was ok, and it checked out to both of us.

"I don't want to give you bad advice, but I'd consider this fixed if it were me, drive it home and worry about it later." He went on the say that he's seen way worse in service for a long time but cautioned me to do whatever made me comfortable. I liked his confidence, and agreed. I asked him what I owed him, and he looked at the clock, did some math in his head and said "I dunno, how's a hundred bucks sound?". I said "you just gave up your Friday night to help a stranger for 3 hours in the rain, so it sounds too low", gave him $200 and off we went. I did 60 in the right lane the whole way back and both wheels stayed on, no drama thankfully.

Neither Brian nor I could figure out how this happened. I'm not even sure if I could have checked it before leaving and prevented it. There was plenty of grease, so it didn't dry out or anything, might have just been a freak part failure? The boat trailer needs quite a bit of help in fixing lights, wiring, and brakes, so I'm going to go through the entire thing before spring so hopefully this doesn't happen again. I got insanely lucky to find such a great helpful dude in the middle of nowhere, sometimes bad things happen but the solution ends up being :notbad: in the end.
Whoa, how was :tits: throughout this whole ordeal ?

Also :alpo: luck on this repair for sure
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:24 am I had one hell of an experience towing the boat on Friday, figured I'd update this thread a bit.

W O W
Quite an adventure there, and what an :impressive: dude you were :alpo: enough to have broken down near! 5/7 story, would read again.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Did the inventory sitch improve on them yet ? Based on the 20/30 or so Chevy dealers I have seen in the last few weeks they are picked completely clean. FCA, on the other hand has a bit of inventory and so did Ford … visually speaking
Oh, cucktrek isn't going anywhere. We both still love that thing, we're just starting to identify more needs for a second vehicle. That's always been in the plan, the debate has been WHAT is that second vehicle. So far it's been a truck vs van debate, but now we're thinking that a Tahoe would be the ideal middle ground that does everything.

And we're still not buying anything now. Now that the boat is moved, there's no need for a truck or second vehicle for a while that we can't get around with renting or borrowing. Targeting probably Q1-Q2 2022 for an acquisition, unless inventory still doesn't exist and used is selling for as much as new. I did a full detailing on the neighbor's Tahoe before returning it to him, and he was :mindblown: by the results and claimed it was nicer than jobs he's paid $100+ for. Told me the Tahoe is mine whenever I want/need it. Obviously not going to abuse that generosity, but nice to know if I get in a jam I have an option.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Tahoe does sound like a perfect vehicle for what you need. Are you looking at used or new? What year range if used?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Oh, cucktrek isn't going anywhere. We both still love that thing, we're just starting to identify more needs for a second vehicle. That's always been in the plan, the debate has been WHAT is that second vehicle. So far it's been a truck vs van debate, but now we're thinking that a Tahoe would be the ideal middle ground that does everything.

And we're still not buying anything now. Now that the boat is moved, there's no need for a truck or second vehicle for a while that we can't get around with renting or borrowing. Targeting probably Q1-Q2 2022 for an acquisition, unless inventory still doesn't exist and used is selling for as much as new. I did a full detailing on the neighbor's Tahoe before returning it to him, and he was :mindblown: by the results and claimed it was nicer than jobs he's paid $100+ for. Told me the Tahoe is mine whenever I want/need it. Obviously not going to abuse that generosity, but nice to know if I get in a jam I have an option.
Yeeep, makes sense. Loaded Tahoe’s hit 80k, which one were you thinking about ? Also did you ever consider a defender ? They are rated to tow a shit ton as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Whoa, how was :tits: throughout this whole ordeal ?

Also :alpo: luck on this repair for sure
She reacts 100% to my stress level. Recognizing that, I knew that to keep the situation in check, I absolutely had to keep a smooth calm level head. I was freaking out inside when it first happened and trying to figure out what to do, but outside was cool as a cucumber. At first, I assessed we were fucked, but didn't tell her that. Just said "I can't fix this on my own, let's find help" then went on my phone and found the dude's business on Google. Set forth an action plan "we're going to leave the trailer here since nobody can steal it with the wheel off, and book it to this guy's place ok?" She agreed.

But really, it was the dude that saved the situation. His confidence in helping us not only put me at ease, but also more importantly her. She just chilled in the Tahoe with the dog while we worked, and even took pictures and a video of the boat being unloaded from the flatbed because she thought it was "neat" for some reason.

If we hadn't found that dude, the situation would have devolved very quickly. She claimed that she put together a backup plan by finding a hotel that could take the dog close by so if we got really hosed we could have the boat towed somewhere and crash there overnight to fix the problem the next day, but still I think the overall calm of the situation enabled her level headed reactions.

The guy mentioned a few times that he felt bad for my luck, but I kept telling him that I felt like the luckiest guy in the world to have found him and have his assistance. He 100% saved the day.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Life is pretty dope isn’t it? I’ve had plenty of instances where something happens that makes you feel doomed and out of nowhere good people and a bit of luck solve the solution.

You should keep in touch with the guy and that store. They seem like a bunch of good honest people and that’s getting more rare
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.