Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:34 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:29 pm

In my head I'm asking myself just how much is left on the table.... this deal sounds really good.

I hate that I like :jeep: s so much. My driving patterns don't support one, but if they did I would hope for a deal like this one.

Is there anything missing from this spec? I missed the bigger plan... are you dropping everything except the :poorvette: this year?
I bet there's 1-3k left...maybe lower interest financing. I'd probably do the deal at $7k off with less than 3% financing.

This is the wild card plan...this would replace the Volt, but only if the :dill: is there. If the :dill: isn't there, I'll be holding onto the Volt.

ZR2 goes back in September, would be replaced with the cheapest Ram I can lease with a heated steering wheel. Unless the Volt stays, then it could be a Gladiator or Ram. Still :notsure:
So many variables... the only constant is the warm steering thingy! Lulz
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:34 pm
I bet there's 1-3k left...maybe lower interest financing. I'd probably do the deal at $7k off with less than 3% financing.

This is the wild card plan...this would replace the Volt, but only if the :dill: is there. If the :dill: isn't there, I'll be holding onto the Volt.

ZR2 goes back in September, would be replaced with the cheapest Ram I can lease with a heated steering wheel. Unless the Volt stays, then it could be a Gladiator or Ram. Still :notsure:
Yea...many balls in the air.

Fucking heated steering wheel :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Run a wire from the battery terminal and wrap it around the steering wheel.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Run a wire from the battery terminal and wrap it around the steering wheel.
Why didn't I think of that!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm Weird. Submitted a quote request on the orange sport S through the Jeep website. Got a price back within an hour. They're willing to go 2,250 under employee price, which is almost $7k off. $34k even.

For a Sport S, that's probably pretty decent. Margins are thinner than a Rubicon or Sahara. We'll see how desperate they get, but the fact that this is the first dealer that actually emailed me a price is pretty appealing. Almost want to reward them for good behavior.
Sounds like a decent price and a really nice no-bs first offer...
Counter with 10 off see what they come up with? Remind them its 2 years old.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm Weird. Submitted a quote request on the orange sport S through the Jeep website. Got a price back within an hour. They're willing to go 2,250 under employee price, which is almost $7k off. $34k even.

For a Sport S, that's probably pretty decent. Margins are thinner than a Rubicon or Sahara. We'll see how desperate they get, but the fact that this is the first dealer that actually emailed me a price is pretty appealing. Almost want to reward them for good behavior.
I tried.

He claims it's the most he can get off...1,250 from Jeep plus digging another thousand out.

Surpringly honest with no :bs:

BUT

Wife rode in a friend's Stelvio tonight and loved it. We're going to do some rest driving of things now...
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 pm

I tried.

He claims it's the most he can get off...1,250 from Jeep plus digging another thousand out.

BUT

Wife rode in a friend's Stelvio tonight and loved it. We're going to do some rest driving of things now...
Yeah I mean the Jeep kind of drives like shit and most CUVs drive as good as sedans, many as good as sport sedans anymore. CUVs don't suck. I've been preaching this shit for a while, lol.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 pm
I tried.

BUT

Yeah I mean the Jeep kind of drives like shit and most CUVs drive as good as sedans, many as good as sport sedans anymore. CUVs don't suck. I've been preaching this shit for a while, lol.
I like Jeeps with the shitty drive and all. Any Jeep would be my vehicle...but we need to have a pickup around. If she wants a Stelvio or whatever instead of a Ram, that's fine...it just pushes me toward figuring out a Gladiator. Maybe a Ram.

I'm leaving her car decision to her. She picks it out and pays for it. I've been burned too many times now by making car decisions for her...this is on her.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I drove by a dark blue stelvio sport with yellow calipers yesterday. Was :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:13 am I drove by a dark blue stelvio sport with yellow calipers yesterday. Was :wub:
They look awesome. If that's what she wants, I really won't.have many objections.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:02 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:13 am I drove by a dark blue stelvio sport with yellow calipers yesterday. Was :wub:
They look awesome. If that's what she wants, I really won't.have many objections.
Our very own Swedish Chef had a Stelvio rental last year and to this day will stop in the dealer to drive one and talk numbers. He said it really is a fantastic cuv, and is always tempted to trade his p00per S in for one.
Johnny_P

In full on gray rental plebe spec they have all the appeal of a hyundai. With sporty touches like the wheels and brakes and a nice color they're alright.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:02 am
Our very own Swedish Chef had a Stelvio rental last year and to this day will stop in the dealer to drive one and talk numbers. He said it really is a fantastic cuv, and is always tempted to trade his p00per S in for one.
:notbad:

Id still guilla :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I'dtake the shitty driving :jeep: over a Stelvio, but I'm also :gay: and :wrong: :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm I'dtake the shitty driving :jeep: over a Stelvio, but I'm also :gay: and :wrong: :iono:
There is little point in making an SUV/CUV handle well or whatnot, it is literally lipstick on a pig. Want a nice driving vehicle with space? Get a wagon... Want more suspension travel and a ugly raised jelly bean, get a CUV.

Want to get a super hard-core off road vehicle that will not break or depreciate ... :jeep:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm I'dtake the shitty driving :jeep: over a Stelvio, but I'm also :gay: and :wrong: :iono:
There is little point in making an SUV/CUV handle well or whatnot, it is literally lipstick on a pig. Want a nice driving vehicle with space? Get a wagon... Want more suspension travel and a ugly raised jelly bean, get a CUV.

Want to get a super hard-core off road vehicle that will not break or depreciate ... :jeep:
Where are all these wagon options though?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Where are all these wagon options though?
same place where the buyers are.
Johnny_P

If you just want a dopey sedan with more cargo capacity that's basically what a CUV is. Performance CUVs dont mean much to me but regular derparific DD ones do. Lisa's Cmax would be so much better as a CUV with a tad more ride height and suspension travel.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:35 pm

If you just want a dopey sedan with more cargo capacity that's basically what a CUV is. Performance CUVs dont mean much to me but regular derparific DD ones do. Lisa's Cmax would be so much better as a CUV with a tad more ride height and suspension travel.
Def the case..... blending everything into one you get some sort of weird mash up of things that don't work.
ChrisoftheNorth

Spent Friday conducting a research event at a off-road park. It's been ages since I've wheeled a Wrangler, and we had a group of JL Rubicon Unlimiteds...a few stock, one one a 2" lift and 35's, another on a 2" lift and 37's. Obviously the lifted/larger tire trucks were insane...could roll over anything ZFG. But the stock ones...with a skilled driver, they could do anything the lifted trucks did. It was an absolute blast...which brings a change of mind...

The trails we were on were super tight. The JLU was the perfect size...any longer and it would have high centered on everything, hit trees requiring multi-point turns, etc, etc. My Colorado has a 10" longer wheelbase than a JLU and wouldn't have done a lot of what we did...I wouldn't have even attempted the trails we had no problem in with a JLUR. A Gladiator is another 10" on top of the Colorado. I'm realizing that if I want something to enjoy wheeling in MI, the Gladiator isn't it.

This has really pushed me toward a leftover 2018 JL if the deal lines up. Current front-runner is this:

https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... g9jw284918

Would be $7,600 off MSRP before :dillerman: gets desperate for the 4th of July Salesathon. Doesn't have cold weather group, which is forcing it to sit. Also makes sure wife won't touch it, and I can add heated seats myself it I really wanted them.

Then I'll let the wife get whatever she wants. I will give no input whatsoever.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Yaaassssss Mojito :jimp:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:26 am Spent Friday conducting a research event at a off-road park. It's been ages since I've wheeled a Wrangler, and we had a group of JL Rubicon Unlimiteds...a few stock, one one a 2" lift and 35's, another on a 2" lift and 37's. Obviously the lifted/larger tire trucks were insane...could roll over anything ZFG. But the stock ones...with a skilled driver, they could do anything the lifted trucks did. It was an absolute blast...which brings a change of mind...

The trails we were on were super tight. The JLU was the perfect size...any longer and it would have high centered on everything, hit trees requiring multi-point turns, etc, etc. My Colorado has a 10" longer wheelbase than a JLU and wouldn't have done a lot of what we did...I wouldn't have even attempted the trails we had no problem in with a JLUR. A Gladiator is another 10" on top of the Colorado. I'm realizing that if I want something to enjoy wheeling in MI, the Gladiator isn't it.

This has really pushed me toward a leftover 2018 JL if the deal lines up. Current front-runner is this:

Would be $7,600 off MSRP before :dillerman: gets desperate for the 4th of July Salesathon. Doesn't have cold weather group, which is forcing it to sit. Also makes sure wife won't touch it, and I can add heated seats myself it I really wanted them.

:jelly: I think this is a good call. They're unique and neat. Just take it on the highway to make sure you're ok with it, but you've owned a jeep before so you know what the jeep steering is like.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:50 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:26 am Spent Friday conducting a research event at a off-road park. It's been ages since I've wheeled a Wrangler, and we had a group of JL Rubicon Unlimiteds...a few stock, one one a 2" lift and 35's, another on a 2" lift and 37's. Obviously the lifted/larger tire trucks were insane...could roll over anything ZFG. But the stock ones...with a skilled driver, they could do anything the lifted trucks did. It was an absolute blast...which brings a change of mind...

:jelly: I think this is a good call. They're unique and neat. Just take it on the highway to make sure you're ok with it, but you've owned a jeep before so you know what the jeep steering is like.
Drove a 2" lift on 35's JLUR for 2.5 hours on the highway on Friday. WAY better than my stock JK was. Not as great as something with IFS like the Colorado, but it was quite good. No issues to me...but I also :koolaid:
Apex

JLUR on 35's sounds :fap: :jimp: to me. Hella capable rig, and can tow all the #tinytrailers you could want.
Apex

Is the 2.0 in the JLs terribad? There's a 2018 Sport S in Mojito at a :dillerman: near me and the only reason I can think it is still sitting is the 2.0. :notsure: Only like 4k off right now doe.