Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm Aviici died at 28 so much for seeing people before they fade or get old. :mindblown:
Who?

:trollface:

I wanted to see Tom Petty one more time before he died. Skipped the show at the Greek last minute because it was a Wed. night and I had to be in the office on Thurs. morning. ~1 month later he was dead. At least I saw him in the 90's... but damn.

Really glad I saw Chris Cornell with Sound Garden, Audioslave, and by himself. Only one I missed was going to LA to see Temple of the Dog.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 pm Spending more money does solve most problems. :waxer:
I don't really like sitting in the front row. Hard to take in the entire experience. Rows 5-10 are perfect IMO, but there's still plenty of room for :derp: to flash their phone in my face the entire time.

I'm ready for my cabin.
My wife tells me a couple times a week that I don't have to wait to become a grumpy old man that hates people, I'm already there!

If I could just have a place far, far away and all my deliveries air-dropped.... that would be ideal.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:35 pm
I don't really like sitting in the front row. Hard to take in the entire experience. Rows 5-10 are perfect IMO, but there's still plenty of room for :derp: to flash their phone in my face the entire time.

I'm ready for my cabin.
My wife tells me a couple times a week that I don't have to wait to become a grumpy old man that hates people, I'm already there!

If I could just have a place far, far away and all my deliveries air-dropped.... that would be ideal.
start your own air-drop delivery company.

People can order whatever they want under their names to a big warehouse you own, and then you do schedules airdrops over their properties... preppers WILL pay.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I've missed a lot of stuff but I've realistically seen enough to be mostly OK with life at this point. The only person/place I still want to see before I die is pretty much the acropolis in Greece. Stonehenge would be cool too but not essential. All the other rockers? I saw Dio and Yngwie 3 times each, no need to see anyone else.

Everything else I still want is related to doing things myself, not being a spectator/tourist. :wrong:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm I've missed a lot of stuff but I've realistically seen enough to be mostly OK with life at this point. The only person/place I still want to see before I die is pretty much the acropolis in Greece. Stonehenge would be cool too but not essential. All the other rockers? I saw Dio and Yngwie 3 times each, no need to see anyone else.

Everything else I still want is related to doing things myself, not being a spectator/tourist. :wrong:
Stonehenge would be cool.

In 2021 we're going to go to Iceland and Ireland primarily with some other stops here and there for a month. I want to see the aurora borealis in Iceland.

The only band I want to see at this point is Bruce Springsteen. Not because I really like him anymore, but he was an influence on me when I was younger. I listened to Badlands and Darkness on the edge of town way too many times to remember in the 80's.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm Aviici died at 28 so much for seeing people before they fade or get old. :mindblown:
Who?

I wanted to see Tom Petty one more time before he died. Skipped the show at the Greek last minute because it was a Wed. night and I had to be in the office on Thurs. morning. ~1 month later he was dead. At least I saw him in the 90's... but damn.

Really glad I saw Chris Cornell with Sound Garden, Audioslave, and by himself. Only one I missed was going to LA to see Temple of the Dog.
I tried to buy Temple of the dog tickets, but the boys bought them all. I refused to buy tickets from them out of principal, and....I missed him forever. But I'm not sure I'm sad I didn't see the show in Detroit the night he passed. Heard he was acting really weird.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm I've missed a lot of stuff but I've realistically seen enough to be mostly OK with life at this point. The only person/place I still want to see before I die is pretty much the acropolis in Greece. Stonehenge would be cool too but not essential. All the other rockers? I saw Dio and Yngwie 3 times each, no need to see anyone else.

Stonehenge would be cool.

In 2021 we're going to go to Iceland and Ireland primarily with some other stops here and there for a month. I want to see the aurora borealis in Iceland.

The only band I want to see at this point is Bruce Springsteen. Not because I really like him anymore, but he was an influence on me when I was younger. I listened to Badlands and Darkness on the edge of town way too many times to remember in the 80's.
Stonehenge is a bit meh IMO. I would be mad if I made a trip to go to England specifically for that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Who?

I tried to buy Temple of the dog tickets, but the boys bought them all. I refused to buy tickets from them out of principal, and....I missed him forever. But I'm not sure I'm sad I didn't see the show in Detroit the night he passed. Heard he was acting really weird.
Yeah.. THe best was his Higher Truth acoustic show. Even today my wife, our two friends and I agree that was the best show we had ever seen. So intimate, yet larger than life.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 pm Stonehenge would be cool.

Stonehenge is a bit meh IMO. I would be mad if I made a trip to go to England specifically for that.
Entirely different in a way, but for me the pont du gard was the highlight of our trip to Europe. I find old man-made stuff fascinating way more than anything natural or modern. People used to do amazing stuff with next to nothing for technology.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm
wap wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

#metoo. I must be dead as well. :whocares:
Not dead...you don't exist.

:mindblown:
Oh right. :mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm
wap wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

#metoo. I must be dead as well. :whocares:
I also do not even insta bro
deadbros
wap

Hit me up if you ever make plans for Greece and I can give you plenty of tips on how to deal with Athens.

Hope you can make it happen!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nothing beats incredible natural beauty for me. I was :mindblown: just this morning mountain biking in the woods. The simple fall trees along the river/ponds were gorgeous.

I love the deserts of Utah, AZ, NV, the mountains of Appalachia, CO, PW, the CA coast... all of that is just here, let alone other incredible places I've been and would like to go.

I did just buy tix to see Green Day with Weezer and Fall Out Boy next year ( :gaydance: ). I enjoy all of them a lot but have yet to see Green Day ever, so that'll be pretty sweet. It's nice not being poor anymore and always getting the shittiest of seats.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:24 am Nothing beats incredible natural beauty for me. I was :mindblown: just this morning mountain biking in the woods. The simple fall trees along the river/ponds were gorgeous.

I love the deserts of Utah, AZ, NV, the mountains of Appalachia, CO, PW, the CA coast... all of that is just here, let alone other incredible places I've been and would like to go.

I did just buy tix to see Green Day with Weezer and Fall Out Boy next year ( :gaydance: ). I enjoy all of them a lot but have yet to see Green Day ever, so that'll be pretty sweet. It's nice not being poor anymore and always getting the shittiest of seats.
Hopefully it's not ruined by :derp: watching the entire thing through 4" screens.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Who?

Who are these boyz you speak of?
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:57 am
Typo....I meant bots
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:37 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:24 am Nothing beats incredible natural beauty for me. I was :mindblown: just this morning mountain biking in the woods. The simple fall trees along the river/ponds were gorgeous.

Hopefully it's not ruined by :derp: watching the entire thing through 4" screens.
:aintcare: I ignore 'em.

It's at a baseball park so stadium seating helps out with this.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:37 am

Stadium seating will be fine then.

It's when you're on a flat floor or the like where it's annoying. I'm also tall so I see above everyone, and all I see is hands holding up phones. :rolleyes:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:29 pm

It's when you're on a flat floor or the like where it's annoying. I'm also tall so I see above everyone, and all I see is hands holding up phones. :rolleyes:
I do also hate it, but I try not to let dumb shit like that get to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:33 pm

I try...I really do...but phones can be bright and concerts can be dark...that shit flashing in your face can be super :rolleyes:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:33 pm

I try...I really do...but phones can be bright and concerts can be dark...that shit flashing in your face can be super :rolleyes:
:notwrong:
Irish

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:01 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:57 am

Typo....I meant bots
Ah, bots .... yeah fuck them.....I hate the legalized scalping that is mainstream concert ticket buying these days. it's :bs:
Irish

I hate when some tall mf-fer stands in front of me bitching about everybody's phone and blocking my entire view with his rather bulbous head....

ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm

I hate when some tall mf-fer stands in front of me bitching about everybody's phone and blocking my entire view with his rather bulbous head....

Unlike most, I actually feel bad about that. But unlike far people who can lose weight, I can’t shrink.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Unlike most, I actually feel bad about that. But unlike far people who can lose weight, I can’t shrink.
Just busting :balls: