Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 pm If we had anywhere to charge, I'd buy that thing tomorrow. You're nuts to sell it for so little.
It's all it's worth on trade. Private party sales will be a disaster...it's worth $15k TOPS private party.

Full disclosure:

There's a ding on the Carfax from when it got rear ended. I just had to replace the crash bar, absorber, and rear bumper cover...not a big deal at all, but the price is impacted accordingly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm actually genuinely interested. If I can get my truck fixed well enough to get $5-6k for it there's a serious possibility. I actually thought about offing the truck for a used Volt earlier this year.
Let me know bro.
Just shoot me a price when you're ready to off it :wub:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 pm If we had anywhere to charge, I'd buy that thing tomorrow. You're nuts to sell it for so little.
It's all it's worth on trade. Private party sales will be a disaster...it's worth $15k TOPS private party.

Full disclosure:

There's a ding on the Carfax from when it got rear ended. I just had to replace the crash bar, absorber, and rear bumper cover...not a big deal at all, but the price is impacted accordingly.
Right, so why sell? One pedal driving is "fun" and "free" so drive it for your 6 months of winter and save the $30k you'd put into a :jeep:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 pm
Let me know bro.
I'll get a real :dillerman: trade-in value and go from there.

It's a gen 2 2016 gray with black leather and heated seats. 25k miles, been incredibly trouble free.

Also have a set of Michelin xIce 3 snow tires on 15" Sonic wheels. They fit perfect and will mow over ANY pothole ZFG. Those are worthless, so they're included if desired.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:11 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm

It's a gen 2 2016 gray with black leather and heated seats. 25k miles, been incredibly trouble free.

Also have a set of Michelin xIce 3 snow tires on 15" Sonic wheels. They fit perfect and will mow over ANY pothole ZFG. Those are worthless, so they're included if desired.
This is all good and so is the Carfax ding. Do you charge on 110 or 220?
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: It's all it's worth on trade. Private party sales will be a disaster...it's worth $15k TOPS private party.

Full disclosure:

Right, so why sell? One pedal driving is "fun" and "free" so drive it for your 6 months of winter and save the $30k you'd put into a :jeep:
It is the right answer...and might be what I end up doing. The car is really a great car, I just doesn't excite me at all. It probably shouldn't matter since I have the :poorvette: that's not going anywhere...I'm just having trouble driving the :poorvette: every day. My right leg is at a weird angle when driving and I'm noticing increased knee pain after 5 days straight.

Getting unfat and taking some sort of joint supplement or some shit might fix that :doe: Or i'm just getting old.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:11 pm

110 at home, sometimes 220 when I worked at the GM tech center that had 220 chargers.

The closer the temps get to 70, the higher the range. Fully charged, it indicates 58 miles of range...but I've driven it almost 70 miles in the city (regen increases range if you're gentle with the throttle). In the winter below freezing, range drops to about 35 miles. All EVs do this, people just ignore it because ZOMG FUTURE

It can charge at 8 or 12 amps on 110. I have a 15 amp outlet on the side of my house that I use, and it can go from completely dead at 7pm to fully charged by 6am on 110 at 12 amps. On 220, it'll fully charge in half that time.

I haven't put gas in it in well over a month...nearly 1k miles.

ALSO on the highway on road trips, it'll easily hit 40+ mpg doing 70-75mph. Gas range is ~330 miles, plus fully charged battery it'll push 400 miles of range despite having an 8 gallon gas tank. Runs fine on regular 87. and filling it up is so cheap it's :lolol: Plus, the engine is super quiet and you can barely tell when it's running.

The car is an absolute marvel of engineering and the correct answer to the short-term EV argument. It's a shame GM killed it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

replace the volt with this 472 whp neon.

https://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/d/tol ... 04004.html

its practically the same thing. moves groceries.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:24 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm

110 at home, sometimes 220 when I worked at the GM tech center that had 220 chargers.

The closer the temps get to 70, the higher the range. Fully charged, it indicates 58 miles of range...but I've driven it almost 70 miles in the city (regen increases range if you're gentle with the throttle). In the winter below freezing, range drops to about 35 miles. All EVs do this, people just ignore it because ZOMG FUTURE

It can charge at 8 or 12 amps on 110. I have a 15 amp outlet on the side of my house that I use, and it can go from completely dead at 7pm to fully charged by 6am on 110 at 12 amps. On 220, it'll fully charge in half that time.

ALSO on the highway on road trips, it'll easily hit 40+ mpg doing 70-75mph. Gas range is ~330 miles, plus fully charged battery it'll push 400 miles of range despite having an 8 gallon gas tank. Runs fine on regular 87. and filling it up is so cheap it's :lolol: Plus, the engine is super quiet and you can barely tell when it's running.

The car is an absolute marvel of engineering and the correct answer to the short-term EV argument. It's a shame GM killed it.
You're giving me a hard-on
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:25 pm replace the volt with this 472 whp neon.

:lolol: :notbad:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:25 pm replace the volt with this 472 whp neon.

Booger shifter bushings
Boomba fuel rail.
Can't afford not to
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Listing it out like that is giving me second thoughts. :lolol:

The biggest issue is the size. The back seats aren't great for adults for more than short trips, so I actually spend most of the time with the seat backs folded down to maximize cargo space. Since it's a hatch, there's a ton of accessible space in the back, but the "fastback" shape hurts usability and interior space quite a bit.

Also, at 6'5", I fit in the front, but just barely. My head is probably a half inch from the headliner...and I'm starting to get sick of feeling like a dude wearing a coat 2 sizes too small.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Booger shifter bushings
Boomba fuel rail.
Can't afford not to
Basically has everything I'd do to it already.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 pm

The biggest issue is the size. The back seats aren't great for adults for more than short trips, so I actually spend most of the time with the seat backs folded down to maximize cargo space. Since it's a hatch, there's a ton of accessible space in the back, but the "fastback" shape hurts usability and interior space quite a bit.

Also, at 6'5", I fit in the front, but just barely. My head is probably a half inch from the headliner...and I'm starting to get sick of feeling like a dude wearing a coat 2 sizes too small.
I was going to tell you to stop convincing yourself to keep it. I'm 5'11" if you include my hair and 175lbs I'll fit just right
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm

I was going to tell you to stop convincing yourself to keep it. I'm 5'11" if you include my hair and 175lbs I'll fit just right
Oh yea, you'll be just fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

Weird. Submitted a quote request on the orange sport S through the Jeep website. Got a price back within an hour. They're willing to go 2,250 under employee price, which is almost $7k off. $34k even.

For a Sport S, that's probably pretty decent. Margins are thinner than a Rubicon or Sahara. We'll see how desperate they get, but the fact that this is the first dealer that actually emailed me a price is pretty appealing. Almost want to reward them for good behavior.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Orange you tempted?
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm Weird. Submitted a quote request on the orange sport S through the Jeep website. Got a price back within an hour. They're willing to go 2,250 under employee price, which is almost $7k off. $34k even.

For a Sport S, that's probably pretty decent. Margins are thinner than a Rubicon or Sahara. We'll see how desperate they get, but the fact that this is the first dealer that actually emailed me a price is pretty appealing. Almost want to reward them for good behavior.
7k off is :notbad: but i think there is another 3k in there by the biggest SALEATHON of the year.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm Weird. Submitted a quote request on the orange sport S through the Jeep website. Got a price back within an hour. They're willing to go 2,250 under employee price, which is almost $7k off. $34k even.

7k off is :notbad: but i think there is another 3k in there by the biggest SALEATHON of the year.
Yea...I think there might be more too. Or at least some cheaper financing.

I got the door open, we'll see how desperate they get. The fact that they went below employee pricing is promising.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:45 pm

I got the door open, we'll see how desperate they get. The fact that they went below employee pricing is promising.
The only "honest" :dillerman: in my area has $7500 on the hood that you guys claimed was :fakenews: this confirms it... so ... now the question becomes... how low will they go...

When are the 20s shipping? I think Aug>December will be epic for leftover 2018s, the JT will be fully ramped up and shipped by that point and everyone who "wanted" a JL already got one... 19/20 models offer almost no improvement over 2018.... so... no one is "naturally upgrading"... and there is an immense amount of excess inventory... it'll be very very interesting to watch, it is the perfect storm where the only level is pricing to move more JLs...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 pm

The only "honest" :dillerman: in my area has $7500 on the hood that you guys claimed was :fakenews: this confirms it... so ... now the question becomes... how low will they go...

When are the 20s shipping? I think Aug>December will be epic for leftover 2018s, the JT will be fully ramped up and shipped by that point and everyone who "wanted" a JL already got one... 19/20 models offer almost no improvement over 2018.... so... no one is "naturally upgrading"... and there is an immense amount of excess inventory... it'll be very very interesting to watch, it is the perfect storm where the only level is pricing to move more JLs...
Wellll this 7k is with employee pricing. Still not sure anyone off the street could get it, but maybe.

20's start production in July...I suspect this upcomming 4th of July will be the big push to blow them out. They don't want 3 model years sitting on the lot.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

They laid down the real :dill: with no :bs:

I'd reward that behavior, but would still do my due diligence and compare one or two more, plus have them quote a few different specs to see if something else peaks your interest.

5/7 response from the :dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 pm

I'd reward that behavior, but would still do my due diligence and compare one or two more, plus have them quote a few different specs to see if something else peaks your interest.

Well, there's really nothing else they have I'm interested in. And this thing is a bit unique for what's left in the area.

I can't really get others interested in responding from my experience so far without me going to the dealer.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:14 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Well, there's really nothing else they have I'm interested in. And this thing is a bit unique for what's left in the area.

I can't really get others interested in responding from my experience so far without me going to the dealer.
In my head I'm asking myself just how much is left on the table.... this deal sounds really good.

I hate that I like :jeep: s so much. My driving patterns don't support one, but if they did I would hope for a deal like this one.

Is there anything missing from this spec? I missed the bigger plan... are you dropping everything except the :poorvette: this year?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:14 pm

In my head I'm asking myself just how much is left on the table.... this deal sounds really good.

I hate that I like :jeep: s so much. My driving patterns don't support one, but if they did I would hope for a deal like this one.

Is there anything missing from this spec? I missed the bigger plan... are you dropping everything except the :poorvette: this year?
I bet there's 1-3k left...maybe lower interest financing. I'd probably do the deal at $7k off with less than 3% financing.

This is the wild card plan...this would replace the Volt, but only if the :dill: is there. If the :dill: isn't there, I'll be holding onto the Volt.

ZR2 goes back in September, would be replaced with the cheapest Ram I can lease with a heated steering wheel. Unless the Volt stays, then it could be a Gladiator or Ram. Still :notsure: