Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:25 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am that’s where it needs it. At least for me all the power is missing below 2500. And I have “too much” above 4500. Vtech on a truck is :fullretard:

So is the 19th the day you pick it up ?
Agreed, it adds power where the 3.6 needs it the most.

I have an appt to swap the JTR for the cucktruck on the 19th. Trying to get excited just for the newness and will be an interesting experiment for a year.
:pouroneout: for the :jeep: :truk:

But it’s still exciting! It’s always fun to get a new vehicle, it’s great walking away from them and looking back in the parking lot in the beginning.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:25 am
Agreed, it adds power where the 3.6 needs it the most.

I have an appt to swap the JTR for the cucktruck on the 19th. Trying to get excited just for the newness and will be an interesting experiment for a year.

But it’s still exciting! It’s always fun to get a new vehicle, it’s great walking away from them and looking back in the parking lot in the beginning.
I won't be looking back at this POS, but it'll be comfortable and useful, so that's good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:07 pm

I won't be looking back at this POS, but it'll be comfortable and useful, so that's good.
:iono: the blue over black is nice. It’s no Buck Buck but it’s a nice looking :truk:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yea, much as this will be NFG, I think you will grow attached to it for various reasons.

Color, you spec’d it, unique spec/trim, etc.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:32 am Yea, much as this will be NFG, I think you will grow attached to it for various reasons.

Hopefully not so attached as to not get Buck Buck 2.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This thing is basically 1SMP 2.0. It does the job but I don’t think it’s a keeper.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:24 pm This thing is basically 1SMP 2.0. It does the job but I don’t think it’s a keeper.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:32 am Yea, much as this will be NFG, I think you will grow attached to it for various reasons.

It depends. If we end up with a boat and I find that more fun, I could just go full :scrooge: on the cucktruck. This test is partially to see if I want out of road going vehicles for a while. Cucktruck plus boat and side by side isn't much more expensive than a JTR and has the potential for way more fun. Maybe it's time I try some different toys since I never drive anywhere anyway.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Cucktruck vs 1SMP will be a very interesting one. I hated all the chrome on the 1SMP, so I think aesthetically, I prefer the cucktruck, but I've never seen my config and can't even find pictures, so it could end up looking super poverty. Or it could be badass. No idea.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm

It depends. If we end up with a boat and I find that more fun, I could just go full :scrooge: on the cucktruck. This test is partially to see if I want out of road going vehicles for a while. Cucktruck plus boat and side by side isn't much more expensive than a JTR and has the potential for way more fun. Maybe it's time I try some different toys since I never drive anywhere anyway.
Never hurts to try something new. Although I still love cars, transitioning to bikes has been way more fun than I imagined.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:20 pm
Never hurts to try something new. Although I still love cars, transitioning to bikes has been way more fun than I imagined.
Moving off of cars has far more benefits than downsides IMO. Cucktruck will haul any fun thing I could want. Bikes, boats, campers, wheeling rigs, etc, etc.

I realized that we might be witnessing the point in time where cars become a rich person hobby. Which was inevitable anyhow. Might as well identify the other areas to have fun.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Moving off of cars has far more benefits than downsides IMO. Cucktruck will haul any fun thing I could want. Bikes, boats, campers, wheeling rigs, etc, etc.

I realized that we might be witnessing the point in time where cars become a rich person hobby. Which was inevitable anyhow. Might as well identify the other areas to have fun.
Much as I love my car, I am employing this mentality for the future. Cuck be damned. It’s just pointless when there are other hobbies. I’d rather get a 4Runner or a mid size truk and be able to do more with it.

Planning to buy a house eventually too, so pinshit will ensue.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Much as I love my car, I am employing this mentality for the future. Cuck be damned. It’s just pointless when there are other hobbies. I’d rather get a 4Runner or a mid size truk and be able to do more with it.

Cars are getting increasingly expensive and with roads getting worse everywhere, makes them a much more :butwhy: proposition. My first fucking word was Chevy, so it pains me to move on, but it just seems like time to try something else.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Rando CT from teh webs
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:52 pm Rando CT from teh webs
Very close, but it's an older gen.

Find a 2019+ DT Tradesman quad cab in hydro blue and off-road group (lifts it an inch with AT tires)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:10 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Cars are getting increasingly expensive and with roads getting worse everywhere, makes them a much more :butwhy: proposition. My first fucking word was Chevy, so it pains me to move on, but it just seems like time to try something else.
I still have a lot of fun with the :poorvette:

Coming to terms with the fact that anything else is more than I can afford, pal.

:ohwell: :aintcare:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Cars have been rich persons hobbies since the invention in the late 1800s only ford brought it to the masses
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 am

Cars have been rich persons hobbies since the invention in the late 1800s only ford brought it to the masses
:notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:10 pm
I still have a lot of fun with the :poorvette:

Coming to terms with the fact that anything else is more than I can afford, pal.

:ohwell: :aintcare:
Which is why I think selling it won't end well for you. It's fun, you enjoy it, I don't thing you'll be able to replicate the fun for less than double the price, which is then :butwhy:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wow every time I see really nice kept gen 1 that’s not beat to shit (rare) I’m reminded of how funky these were when they first came out. Such cool little buggers. Bummer so few are left
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:13 am
Wow every time I see really nice kept gen 1 that’s not beat to shit (rare) I’m reminded of how funky these were when they first came out. Such cool little buggers. Bummer so few are left
They're super cool. I've always wanted one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:57 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:13 am

They're super cool. I've always wanted one.
That blue/white is :jimp:

:doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Cleaned out the JT today in prep for the CT. Heading downstate tomorrow afternoon to swap it on Friday.

Still surprisingly :( about it, but whatever. The CT will facilitate activities better and I'm looking forward to a quiet ride back up on the highway.