Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am
It is EXACTLY how I'd order a Sport S if I was doing so...except the tow pack, which I can easily add myself for a few hundo (did it on my JK).

I'm keeping a close eye on :dill: s
So head down to your local CDJR dealer for a hot dog, plate of bbq chips, a soda, and a nice discussion on what monthly payment it would take to get you in that vehicle today! No reasonable offer refused.
Yea...it's just a matter of committing to blowing an entire day dealing with :dillerman: :bs: with the realistic expectation that I could walk away with nothing.

I'm looking for ~$10k off either 2018 Jeep (with my employee discount included), which seems realistic for essentially 2 year old trucks.

I'm curious to see what deals are announced in the coming weeks. 0% financing of some sort would be nice icing on the cake.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:36 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:32 am

Any dealer can install heated seats for you for a few hundo. Lisa had heated seats installed for free on her tiguan by the dealership.
:bruh:

It's not the heated seats that got me into this mess, it's the fucking heated god damned mother fucking steering wheel. Those are nearly impossible to add after the fact.

I DGAF about that shit...so the good news is it would keep the wife from driving it. But I also don't know what other torpedos could come as a result. It's realistic that that truck could be had for will into the $30k range, a good deal for a Rubicon...but then if I decide to sell it, the lack of cold weather pack in MI might be seriously detrimental.
The heated wheel thing is hilarious to me btw. But I've never experienced one. So maybe its awesome and I just don't know.
Heated seats up here are absolutely sought after. You could use that as a bargaining chip though, no?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 am Image

:well:
:jimp:

I'd probably realistically get a 4-door so I can tow the glamper occasionally and have extra room for people/stuff.

https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... G4JW234298

This thing is perfect. I'm going to watch :dill: s closely. End of month/quarter/half is coming up along with 4th of July. If I could pick this up for low $30k, it's happening.
its a nice spec but how do you plan on $10k off msrp?? :notsure:

seems :unicorn: pricing :dill:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am But can you get a heated wheel on the JL?
Yep, comes with cold weather pack...heated seat and wheel. That Orange Sport S has it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am

So head down to your local CDJR dealer for a hot dog, plate of bbq chips, a soda, and a nice discussion on what monthly payment it would take to get you in that vehicle today! No reasonable offer refused.
Yea...it's just a matter of committing to blowing an entire day dealing with :dillerman: :bs: with the realistic expectation that I could walk away with nothing.

I'm looking for ~$10k off either 2018 Jeep (with my employee discount included), which seems realistic for essentially 2 year old trucks.

I'm curious to see what deals are announced in the coming weeks. 0% financing of some sort would be nice icing on the cake.
I think that's a reasonable number. Can always ask dealerbrah when 2020s will show up on the lot. And then say ok well I can come back then and we can talk about 12k off or we can continue the discussion now at 10k and you can unload a 2 year old vehicle that's been rotting :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:36 am
:bruh:

It's not the heated seats that got me into this mess, it's the fucking heated god damned mother fucking steering wheel. Those are nearly impossible to add after the fact.

I DGAF about that shit...so the good news is it would keep the wife from driving it. But I also don't know what other torpedos could come as a result. It's realistic that that truck could be had for will into the $30k range, a good deal for a Rubicon...but then if I decide to sell it, the lack of cold weather pack in MI might be seriously detrimental.
The heated wheel thing is hilarious to me btw. But I've never experienced one. So maybe its awesome and I just don't know.
Heated seats up here are absolutely sought after. You could use that as a bargaining chip though, no?
Heated steering wheel is :whocares: Wife is irrational and this is one of the things she's chosen to be irrational about. Whatever.

Lack of these things would be great leverage tho, agreed.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am But can you get a heated wheel on the JL?
Yep, comes with cold weather pack...heated seat and wheel. That Orange Sport S has it.
:mindblown:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am
:jimp:

I'd probably realistically get a 4-door so I can tow the glamper occasionally and have extra room for people/stuff.

https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... G4JW234298

This thing is perfect. I'm going to watch :dill: s closely. End of month/quarter/half is coming up along with 4th of July. If I could pick this up for low $30k, it's happening.

Its 2 years old as soon as he takes it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:41 am

I think that's a reasonable number. Can always ask dealerbrah when 2020s will show up on the lot. And then say ok well I can come back then and we can talk about 12k off or we can continue the discussion now at 10k and you can unload a 2 year old vehicle that's been rotting :popcorn:
Exactly. They need to dig deep to make it worth it. Otherwise I'll buy a newer 19 or a brand new 20 model. I'll make that well known if I reach that point.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:41 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 am
:mindblown:
but no lit badge :sad:
max225

They don’t even offer financing ... 4.64% is their going rate ... these babies sell themselves ... oh wait ... it’s a 2018 ... in a 2020 model year 😂
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 am

Its 2 years old as soon as he takes it.
Yep, and there's plenty of "newer" 19's to chose from...and soon 20's.

You'd need a serious financial incentive to buy a "new" 18 at this point.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am

Exactly. They need to dig deep to make it worth it. Otherwise I'll buy a newer 19 or a brand new 20 model. I'll make that well known if I reach that point.
interesting play. Will follow to see how it pans out.

im just a sucker for the rubi upsell.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 am

They don’t even offer financing ... 4.64% is their going rate ... these babies sell themselves ... oh wait ... it’s a 2018 ... in a 2020 model year 😂
The volume of 18's still out there is :impressive:

Most seem to be odd builds...like the Mojito Rubicon without cold weather.

That Orange Sport S tho...no idea why they still have that. It's perfect.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:lolol:

i hear yall. I just dont see it happening. :jeep: :jeep: :jeep:

im hear with my :popcorn: and glad I got out of my JKU before the market on them tanked.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am
interesting play. Will follow to see how it pans out.

im just a sucker for the rubi upsell.
At this point, gotta take what you can get if looking for the mega :dill:

The only value I see in the Rubi is looks, lockers, and 4.10's. I don't want the aggro t-case, the sway bar disco is worthless to me, and the 33's would become 35's in short order.

I could make a Sport S do most of this without spending a ton of money if I wanted...but I think a Sport S with nothing more than Rubicon flares and 35's would be as capable as I'd need in Michigan.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:49 am

im hear with my :popcorn: and glad I got out of my JKU before the market on them tanked.
JK's haven't tanked as much as you'd think. I've been looking, they're coming down, but not enough to where I'd seriously consider one over a JL mega :dill:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:52 am

JK's haven't tanked as much as you'd think. I've been looking, they're coming down, but not enough to where I'd seriously consider one over a JL mega :dill:
totally agree.

But they are also no longer $30k things.
max225

:dat: my local car max is slinging 2014-6 2 door sport models for 26k :disgust: I still have no idea who is dumb enough to make that :dill: or why carmax even exists outside of telling a few sleazebag dillers off, as any millennial snowflake should be able to, it’s no harder than getting that avocado toast redone because the egg wasn’t perfectly poached. And they are fully capable of doing that
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 am
:dat: my local car max is slinging 2014-6 2 door sport models for 26k :disgust: I still have no idea who is dumb enough to make that :dill: or why carmax even exists outside of telling a few sleazebag dillers off
:derp: love Carmax because the buying process is so simple/easy...and they're willing to pay for it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 pm Man if I don't get my truck fixed your Volt might be a good replacement....
It's a great car. I don't really want to get rid of it, but I also don't want to drive it every day.

I'd sell it to a DFD member for trade-in value, probably $11-13k.
I'm actually genuinely interested. If I can get my truck fixed well enough to get $5-6k for it there's a serious possibility. I actually thought about offing the truck for a used Volt earlier this year.
max225

BTW just FYI the Sport has the smaller brakes, the Sahara+rubi have +1" brakes....
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 am It's a great car. I don't really want to get rid of it, but I also don't want to drive it every day.

I'd sell it to a DFD member for trade-in value, probably $11-13k.
I'm actually genuinely interested. If I can get my truck fixed well enough to get $5-6k for it there's a serious possibility. I actually thought about offing the truck for a used Volt earlier this year.
Let me know bro.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

If we had anywhere to charge, I'd buy that thing tomorrow. You're nuts to sell it for so little.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:51 pm BTW just FYI the Sport has the smaller brakes, the Sahara+rubi have +1" brakes....
Yea...I don't know how much that bothers me. Glamper has brakes, so as long as I hook up a brake controller, it's probably NBD.

I also wonder how hard it is to change to the bigger brakes if I wanted. At some point, an upgrade to Rubicon axles would be awesome and address pretty much any deficiencies with the sport.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.