Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:43 pm Is there any possibility of getting pictures of the buck cuck gang bang? The two next to each other?
No idea, but I'll ask if they ever want me to pick it up.

I think the cucktruck could look rather badass.
Yeah I had a dream the other night I had a rental RAM Laramie with the off road pack. Although in my dream it came with silver steel wheels
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 pm
No idea, but I'll ask if they ever want me to pick it up.

I think the cucktruck could look rather badass.
Yeah I had a dream the other night I had a rental RAM Laramie with the off road pack. Although in my dream it came with silver steel wheels
A laramie with steelies would be quite something.

I don't like all the chrome and fancy shit on laramies.

Cucktruck's blacked out in brightass blue and steelies. It bothers me that it exists and I can't see it. I'm really curious.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Can you call someone to see if you can cancel the CT? 40k seems like a decent price for the JT, the only thing that bugs me about this... is that they have plenty of cash on the hood for the new ones... It seems like 7k off is "standard" and I am sure you can get even more... which makes it close to 40k... then again you already have one you love with a color that no longer exists.
I called someone this morning and they told me "the truck is built, can't be cancelled". I asked when I'll get it and they just said "wait for the e-mail to schedule delivery, it's still in transit". I said "it's taken over a month and a half to travel 10 miles?" and they just said "all I know is what the computer tells me and it's marked "in transit". OK....

$7k off is unique for your area. No way am I getting that off beyond my employee price. My truck as a new 21 would be $52k MPRP or ~$47k employee price. So I'd be getting ~$7k off for 20k miles on a truck I've had since it had 5 miles on it in my ideal color that no longer exists. No brainer for me, but I'm not buying this thing if I can't get out of the cucktruck, which they claim I can't. Typical giant corp cluster fuck BS.
:wtf:

You'd think they could understand you making other plans when the car you ordered/were promised is months late.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm
I called someone this morning and they told me "the truck is built, can't be cancelled". I asked when I'll get it and they just said "wait for the e-mail to schedule delivery, it's still in transit". I said "it's taken over a month and a half to travel 10 miles?" and they just said "all I know is what the computer tells me and it's marked "in transit". OK....

$7k off is unique for your area. No way am I getting that off beyond my employee price. My truck as a new 21 would be $52k MPRP or ~$47k employee price. So I'd be getting ~$7k off for 20k miles on a truck I've had since it had 5 miles on it in my ideal color that no longer exists. No brainer for me, but I'm not buying this thing if I can't get out of the cucktruck, which they claim I can't. Typical giant corp cluster fuck BS.
:wtf:

You'd think they could understand you making other plans when the car you ordered/were promised is months late.
Thats what I told them, that things changed since I ordered it over 3 months ago and I'd rather just buy my lease vehicle out. :aintcare: was the response.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Cucktruck finally scheduled for delivery. 2/19 is hopefully the end of me giving a fuck about vehicles.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:14 am Cucktruck finally scheduled for delivery. 2/19 is hopefully the end of me giving a fuck about vehicles.
I didn’t read everything I missed, quick deets on the Raminator?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:18 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:14 am Cucktruck finally scheduled for delivery. 2/19 is hopefully the end of me giving a fuck about vehicles.
It’s a very unicorn spec Tradesman. Spec’d by Detroit so it’s literally a 1 of 1
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wow this has taken longer than a custom Ferrari. :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

Ordered it back in October with hope of it helping me move in December. It was built in December and got lost until now. I tried multiple times to cancel the lease and buy my JT, but the fact that it was built prevented that. It finally was found.

I debated ordering the cheapest JT I could, but settled on a Ram because it has more std features for less money, I can REALLY use the big bed for moving purposes and house :pinshit: purposes, and I've been doing regular 3-4 hour drives (one way) down state and frankly the JTR sucks. Gas mileage rarely cresting 15 cruising at 75, very susceptible to wind, which I encounter regularly driving through the middle of the state, I love the thing more than any other vehicle despite its faults...but I figured I'd try something else.

I ordered the cheapest Ram I could for Corporate lease, which ended up being a Tradesman Quad Cab 6'4" box 3.6. Added 4x4 and the off-road pack for when I run into deep snow or off camping in the middle of the woods, so it's lifted an inch, rear locker, full underbody skids, and Falken AT3w's on steel wheels. Hydro blue because I have a thing for blue trucks and bright colors.

Pretty sure it's the only one ever built like this. Actually somewhat excited to see it...

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 am
Wow this has taken longer than a custom Ferrari. :wtf:
Yea, no shit.

I fully expect they thought it was a mis build and it spent time in quality checks or something. There's probably some poor schmuck at my level working to correct the system to keep it from happening again.
max225

I am really curious how this thing is on the freeway. My biggest gripe with the taco is the lack of low end torque at cruising speed.

I like the spec a lot, it is very similar to the TRD Off road spec on the Tacoma.. it was a full 10k cheaper than the comparable TRD pro while being essentially just as off road capable, but it didn't have the fancy shocks for DD ability. Thats obviously not necessary in the 1500, they ride NIIIICE.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Ordered it back in October with hope of it helping me move in December. It was built in December and got lost until now. I tried multiple times to cancel the lease and buy my JT, but the fact that it was built prevented that. It finally was found.

I debated ordering the cheapest JT I could, but settled on a Ram because it has more std features for less money, I can REALLY use the big bed for moving purposes and house :pinshit: purposes, and I've been doing regular 3-4 hour drives (one way) down state and frankly the JTR sucks. Gas mileage rarely cresting 15 cruising at 75, very susceptible to wind, which I encounter regularly driving through the middle of the state, I love the thing more than any other vehicle despite its faults...but I figured I'd try something else.

I ordered the cheapest Ram I could for Corporate lease, which ended up being a Tradesman Quad Cab 6'4" box 3.6. Added 4x4 and the off-road pack for when I run into deep snow or off camping in the middle of the woods, so it's lifted an inch, rear locker, full underbody skids, and Falken AT3w's on steel wheels. Hydro blue because I have a thing for blue trucks and bright colors.

Pretty sure it's the only one ever built like this. Actually somewhat excited to see it...

:neat: build! Should be fun to try that out for awhile.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:35 pm I am really curious how this thing is on the freeway. My biggest gripe with the taco is the lack of low end torque at cruising speed.

I like the spec a lot, it is very similar to the TRD Off road spec on the Tacoma.. it was a full 10k cheaper than the comparable TRD pro while being essentially just as off road capable, but it didn't have the fancy shocks for DD ability. Thats obviously not necessary in the 1500, they ride NIIIICE.
The power is going to be TERRIBLE on the highway. Not only does the 3.6 have little torque, I went for the tallest gear in an attempt to maximize fuel economy. It'll be a dog, but we'll see if it's dangerously slow or not. Really curious what FE is...I'm not trying to maximize cost, but range. I'm so sick of filling up the JT before 300 miles.

It should be quiet and comfortable for long distances, and keep me from getting stuck when I do backwoods adventures, it's all I need, nothing I don't.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:32 pm

:neat: build! Should be fun to try that out for awhile.
Exactly. I actually expect it to end with me buying a JT Mojave, but we'll see.

I am also testing a theory where my mode of transport is just a tool to enable other fun activities. Things like a side by side, boat, overlanding, etc. I think I'll miss the JT too much, but it'll be an interesting experiment for a year.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:44 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:35 pm I am really curious how this thing is on the freeway. My biggest gripe with the taco is the lack of low end torque at cruising speed.

The power is going to be TERRIBLE on the highway. Not only does the 3.6 have little torque, I went for the tallest gear in an attempt to maximize fuel economy. It'll be a dog, but we'll see if it's dangerously slow or not. Really curious what FE is...I'm not trying to maximize cost, but range. I'm so sick of filling up the JT before 300 miles.

It should be quiet and comfortable for long distances, and keep me from getting stuck when I do backwoods adventures, it's all I need, nothing I don't.
The issue for me is maintaining speed in headwinds/inclines etc... it has to downshift and rev. Ram 1500 is quite a bit bigger from a front profile/heavier? and has about the same engine/torque so I am curious how it'll go.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm

The issue for me is maintaining speed in headwinds/inclines etc... it has to downshift and rev. Ram 1500 is quite a bit bigger from a front profile/heavier? and has about the same engine/torque so I am curious how it'll go.
The only savior in my case will be the 8-speed. That thing is geared great, shifts great, and might help offset the low torque. It'll be shifting frequently, but I don't think I'll notice it much (I don't in the JT, and it spends a ton of time shifting between 6,7,8).
Apex

JT 8-speed is phenomenal! It’s not as quick as the ‘rado was from a stop but it’s quicker to pass since the trans will actually downshift at less than WOT.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The Hemi rental I had did like 20-21mpg at 75mph so you ight see 23-24mpg. :notbad:

The pahhh of that truck was hilarious on the highway.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm JT 8-speed is phenomenal! It’s not as quick as the ‘rado was from a stop but it’s quicker to pass since the trans will actually downshift at less than WOT.
Man, I hated how the Colorado refused to downshift. It was the worst during towing, required foot to the floor to downshift.

The ZF 8-speed is really fantastic with how eager it is to downshift, so I suspect the Ram might not be as bad as I fear.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:33 pm

The Hemi rental I had did like 20-21mpg at 75mph so you ight see 23-24mpg. :notbad:

Low 20's is a drastic improvement over the mid teens I see with the JT.

I debated the Hemi, but this is a temporary play so I went cheap. And I'm actually curious how good a base truck with base powertrain can be with FE.

I probably should have opted for 3.55 gears :doe: The 3.21's will really give the 8-speed a workout.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:19 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:33 pm

I debated the Hemi, but this is a temporary play so I went cheap. And I'm actually curious how good a base truck with base powertrain can be with FE.

I probably should have opted for 3.55 gears :doe: The 3.21's will really give the 8-speed a workout.
I am on 3.91. Just FYI
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:19 pm

I am on 3.91. Just FYI
And I'm at 4.10. The cucktruck will be a dog, no doubt. That's the only remorse, I probably should have bumped the gears. 3.55 and 3.91 we're options for $550. It was that cost that kept me away ~$5/mo and I was curious what sort of FE I can get.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:08 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:01 pm

I am on 3.91. Just FYI
And I'm at 4.10. The cucktruck will be a dog, no doubt. That's the only remorse, I probably should have bumped the gears. 3.55 and 3.91 we're options for $550. It was that cost that kept me away ~$5/mo
Probably 0 issues around town... freeway I am :popcorn: to see what it is like.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:08 pm
And I'm at 4.10. The cucktruck will be a dog, no doubt. That's the only remorse, I probably should have bumped the gears. 3.55 and 3.91 we're options for $550. It was that cost that kept me away ~$5/mo
Probably 0 issues around town... freeway I am :popcorn: to see what it is like.
Some NERD on the 5th gen Ram forums did a comparison of 3.21 and 3.55 and 3.91 gears with the 8-speed gear spread. 3.21 and 3.55 are remarkably similar in the low to middle, 3.91 similar in the middle, but 3.21 results in an "extra" overdrive over the 3.55 and 3.91 basically. So you're right, around town it'll probably be fine.

I suspect the truck will spend most of its time on the highway in 7th gear, kicking into 8th only occasionally. But when it does, MPG should be :impressive:

It's going to be an interesting test for sure. I fully expect to come away buying a JT at the end, but this way I'll KNOW it's what I want.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife did remind me that the bench seat facilitates road head nicely (confirmed in my past full sizers), so at least there's that benefit.