Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm
I wouldn't pay $50k for it...but $50k is pushing the upper limits of what I'm willing to pay for any vehicle.

Low $40k like we paid is more palatable. Still pricey :doe: We'll see how well it holds its value, but hopefully it won't matter much if it stays for a while.
It'll be over 30 for 3 years... not pending any Major oil crisis (which may happen, Saudis just got blown up). Then dip into the 20s for another 2... but 5 years... is eternity in :plac: land...

No one can predict the future with solid accuracy. I think the vehicle even at around 50k after tax is ok...

Speaking of... did you finance or pay cash? Did FCA put decent rates on it the wranglers yet? or still that 4.20%
FCA never got aggressive with rates on the Wrangler, not sure why. Best they could offer me was 4.99% for 60mo. Ehhhhh no.

But :dillerman: actually works with a local credit union. Probably to get the 500 credit score people financing, but I rolled in with my 800+ and they offered me a 72 mo loan for 2.9%. I'd rather have the cash free for other things, so we ended up taking that :dill: I'm happy with it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Dang you got a 2.9 for 72? that's :impressive: Yea my current investments don't make that %...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:06 pm Dang you got a 2.9 for 72? that's :impressive: Yea my current investments don't make that %...
I was pretty :mindblown: Some local CU that I haven't really heard of before. Their site shows the same loan at 3.99%, but my paperwork says 2.99 so whatever. :iono:

That combined with $10k off and more money than I expected for the Volt made it all a done :dill:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:alpo:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I am vicariously happy that you guys are so thrilled with it :doe:

That feeling of having something "special" is the :tits: I need more of that in my own life, but cant really afford the price tags so I need to seek out something used....
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Yea, JL was better than the JK in almost every single if not every way.
I can't think of an aspect that isn't better. Pretty remarkable, really.

You mentioned in the review of your rental that the thing manages to feel special and unique which adds significantly to the "funness" of it. That's really what I felt when driving the wife's. Even she mentioned that it feels really "special". She loves it, and I'm really glad she ended up with something that we both like so much.

Even at $50k, it almost feels worth it. Which is :mindblown: to me.
Yeah that's the attraction. They feel special and different. JK did too but this has 21st century creature comforts so it's almost like a real vehicle. There's a lot to like and less compromise with the JL for sure.

Glad to hear yours is quieter. Hows the highway tracking in a cross wind? Also interested to hear what you think of the 2.bro motor after the honeymoon wears off.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Does the 2.slow have issues maintaining 80? By that I mean, does the trans shift 8>7>6>7>8 a lot or no? The 3.6s was hunting a bit.

Glad to hear you guys are liking it a lot. That's a great feeling, then again its an epic 50k+ :jeep: what's not to like.
Not that I noticed, but I wasn't paying close attention. I will on our next road trip.

The 2.0T is great overall...really solid engine. The BSG helps make the start/stop feature undetectable, which makes it much less :rage:

What surprised me the most was how slow it felt. In that...I'd be doing 80 and it felt like 60. There were many times taking off from a light or whatever and I when I looked at the speedo I was doing 60+. The thing is remarkably refined.

In fact, it addresses all the issues I had with my JK and then some. And my JK was one of my favorite vehicles I've had.
Does the car cut the AC when the engine turns off at a start/stop scenario? Or does the 48V system keep the AC compressor running?
I didn't mind the start/stop on the 3.6, so glad to hear it's even better on the 2.bro.

One thing going for the 3.6 is it sounds pretty damn good.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 pm
I can't think of an aspect that isn't better. Pretty remarkable, really.

You mentioned in the review of your rental that the thing manages to feel special and unique which adds significantly to the "funness" of it. That's really what I felt when driving the wife's. Even she mentioned that it feels really "special". She loves it, and I'm really glad she ended up with something that we both like so much.

Even at $50k, it almost feels worth it. Which is :mindblown: to me.
Yeah that's the attraction. They feel special and different. JK did too but this has 21st century creature comforts so it's almost like a real vehicle. There's a lot to like and less compromise with the JL for sure.

Glad to hear yours is quieter. Hows the highway tracking in a cross wind? Also interested to hear what you think of the 2.bro motor after the honeymoon wears off.
We'll find out about tracking in wind during our next road trip at the end of the month. Though, it was pretty windy yesterday and seemed fine. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:06 am Also after driving the JL quite a bit yesterday, I'm legit concerned that when my :truk: comes in, I'll lose all interest in the :poorvette:

:jeep: is fun, unique, refined...not "fast" but with where I drive, I never get to enjoy "fast" anyway. I can't wait for it to come in now. Hopefully by the end of the month.

:excited:
Where I'm at dude.

And I've got the shitty :jeep:

Also, I told you the headlights were worth it, and I said the audio was a must too.

I was :notwrong:

:muah:
:lolol:

I really like them, but we'll see how much I miss them. Will be a very interesting test.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 pm
Not that I noticed, but I wasn't paying close attention. I will on our next road trip.

The 2.0T is great overall...really solid engine. The BSG helps make the start/stop feature undetectable, which makes it much less :rage:

What surprised me the most was how slow it felt. In that...I'd be doing 80 and it felt like 60. There were many times taking off from a light or whatever and I when I looked at the speedo I was doing 60+. The thing is remarkably refined.

In fact, it addresses all the issues I had with my JK and then some. And my JK was one of my favorite vehicles I've had.
Does the car cut the AC when the engine turns off at a start/stop scenario? Or does the 48V system keep the AC compressor running?
I didn't mind the start/stop on the 3.6, so glad to hear it's even better on the 2.bro.

One thing going for the 3.6 is it sounds pretty damn good.
The A/C slows, but doesn't but off like in other vehicles. It's actually quite :notbad: and it's been really humid here lately.

I won't be driving it much, so not sure the honeymoon will ever wear off for me. :tits: :aintcare: and loves it and she's been DDing it for a few weeks now. All that matters is that she loves it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Got word that my Gladiator is completed and currently in line to have the spray-in bed liner applied. With any luck, it'll be completed and shipped toward the end of the week, then it'll be a matter of how quickly the facility that handles leases can get it to me.

max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:55 pm Got word that my Gladiator is completed and currently in line to have the spray-in bed liner applied. With any luck, it'll be completed and shipped toward the end of the week, then it'll be a matter of how quickly the facility that handles leases can get it to me.

:hubba: Should be there within the week then.

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:55 pm Got word that my Gladiator is completed and currently in line to have the spray-in bed liner applied. With any luck, it'll be completed and shipped toward the end of the week, then it'll be a matter of how quickly the facility that handles leases can get it to me.

That is a great gif
ChrisoftheNorth

Could be...
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 pm

That is a great gif
:dat:
max225

I was trying to get it added...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm I was trying to get it added...
If only we knew a guy...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:popcorn: :gonbgud:
max225

:waiting:
ChrisoftheNorth

So earlier this week someone asked me what I was driving because I left early the other night to return the Colorado. I told him, and he says "we gotta get you out of that rubbermaid piece of GM garbage". :lolol:

So he found a JL that has some engineering test stuff on it that just needs miles...these vehicles exist only to be driven to test whatever new stuff is on it. They want real world miles instead of simulation miles on the vehicles. It's a JL Sahara with some secret things (I don't even know what they are) that I've been driving for the last few days now.

I absolutely love the thing. I'm almost certain at this point that the JL/JT is my perfect vehicle. I should have this JL for at least a week, when hopefully my JT arrives.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 am So earlier this week someone asked me what I was driving because I left early the other night to return the Colorado. I told him, and he says "we gotta get you out of that rubbermaid piece of GM garbage". :lolol:

So he found a JL that has some engineering test stuff on it that just needs miles...these vehicles exist only to be driven to test whatever new stuff is on it. They want real world miles instead of simulation miles on the vehicles. It's a JL Sahara with some secret things (I don't even know what they are) that I've been driving for the last few days now.

I absolutely love the thing. I'm almost certain at this point that the JL/JT is my perfect vehicle. I should have this JL for at least a week, when hopefully my JT arrives.
I'm going to Minneapolis next month. I can fly into Detroit and pick up a test vehicle to haul ass to Minnesota in it they need my assistance.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 am So earlier this week someone asked me what I was driving because I left early the other night to return the Colorado. I told him, and he says "we gotta get you out of that rubbermaid piece of GM garbage". :lolol:

I'm going to Minneapolis next month. I can fly into Detroit and pick up a test vehicle to haul ass to Minnesota in it they need my assistance.
:lolol: :notbad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

That’s really cool!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

That’s really cool!
Seriously! He was the first guy I told about the :poorvette: and I was expecting a :fancy: :waxer: type response. What I got was far more appropriate.