Chop shop

Strut your greasy stuff!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:58 pm Finally pulled the trigger on a GC trailhawk. V8, premium, pretty much as optioned up as you can get. Its a 2021 with 2100 miles, so basically brand new with a chunk of money lopped off the top. Should be picking it up tomorrow - ill post some pics when I get it!

In other news, no more s60, and the van is either going to be traded or it's going up for sale. Ill miss it, but consolidating to a TH makes a ton of sense in a ton of ways.
What are the deets ? Why does the 21 being sold
With 2100 miles ? Demo? Repo? How good was the final :dill: ? 15-20k off sticker ?
hahaha, its about 10k off sticker. Someone traded it, no real red flags. This is a super high end diller, their warehouse was about 60% Porsche, rest mercedes and audi performance models (i.e. RS6s, Sq5s, Amg cla45, c63s etc). Guy said (and I believe him) someone simply didnt like it and traded it. Welcome to rich philly shit. They also have a 1938 caddy phaeton I need to grab a picture of, what a neat place. When I make a fuck ton of money, this is the kind of business I want.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:43 pm

:dat: Truthfully I'm just Sofa King Tired of spending money for like zero point. I don't need to :plac: the woman will likely be driving our next SUV so she should.......take a few test drives, but ain't nobody hanging out with :tubeman: and :dillerman: during the VID. Still, that is a right sized, proven platform with a proven powertrain that is sufficiently bad ass without costing stupid money like the SRT/Trackhawk, which also screw up all the offroad point of the GC. And I want to hear about it. You certainly liked yours.
Yep. Comfy AF, and a great size.

Just too rich for my now much cheaper blood.
yeah I yolod hard on this one. My wife didnt cry over it this time, so Ill take it as a win. We are both pretty modest, and its hard to stomach aany big expense.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Congrats those are so good.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

rockchops wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm
max225 wrote:
What are the deets ? Why does the 21 being sold
With 2100 miles ? Demo? Repo? How good was the final :dill: ? 15-20k off sticker ?
hahaha, its about 10k off sticker. Someone traded it, no real red flags. This is a super high end diller, their warehouse was about 60% Porsche, rest mercedes and audi performance models (i.e. RS6s, Sq5s, Amg cla45, c63s etc). Guy said (and I believe him) someone simply didnt like it and traded it. Welcome to rich philly shit. They also have a 1938 caddy phaeton I need to grab a picture of, what a neat place. When I make a fuck ton of money, this is the kind of business I want.
10/4 I’ll add you to the list :)
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm hahaha, its about 10k off sticker. Someone traded it, no real red flags. This is a super high end diller, their warehouse was about 60% Porsche, rest mercedes and audi performance models (i.e. RS6s, Sq5s, Amg cla45, c63s etc). Guy said (and I believe him) someone simply didnt like it and traded it. Welcome to rich philly shit. They also have a 1938 caddy phaeton I need to grab a picture of, what a neat place. When I make a fuck ton of money, this is the kind of business I want.
10/4 I’ll add you to the list :)
Today was a real shit day with weather, and took a lot of running around. This is the only one I got. Ill take more, heading to the beach this weekend.

Holy dangs this is a really nice vehicle, definitely the nicest car ive owned.Image
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

just got some replacements. These are getting hard to find now. The UV damage on mine (and a bad "restore" job) looks like this.ImageImage
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Better.Image
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

rockchops wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:19 pm Better.Image
You find a decent sealer for this? Because everything I read tells me that most will wear out quick and bring that sweet fade back.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Acid666 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:19 pm Better.Image
You find a decent sealer for this? Because everything I read tells me that most will wear out quick and bring that sweet fade back.
I sanded profusely with 400-600-1000, used spraymax 2k clearcoat and polished with meguiars 105/205. These were the trial runs which came out great. The nice pair I still need to sand, clear etc and then I will also put laminx UV clear vinyl on. I wasnt gonna screw those up because first time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

THose are some crystal clear lights :megusta:

In4pics with new wheels :doe:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tar shops around here have a 2 week wait just to mount and balance. FFS.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:32 am Tar shops around here have a 2 week wait just to mount and balance. FFS.
What do you need done? We’re not cheap but if you need something done quickly I can shuffle some shit around.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

fledonfoot wrote:
rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:32 am Tar shops around here have a 2 week wait just to mount and balance. FFS.
What do you need done? We’re not cheap but if you need something done quickly I can shuffle some shit around.
literally a mount and balance, brand new tars and brand new wheels, dont need to be on car or anything.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
literally a mount and balance, brand new tars and brand new wheels, dont need to be on car or anything.
I can do it Saturday early afternoon if it’s loose wheels and tires.

It’s $57/wheel. Let me know if that works and you want to come down to POTML.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

fledonfoot wrote:
rockchops wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 pm literally a mount and balance, brand new tars and brand new wheels, dont need to be on car or anything.
I can do it Saturday early afternoon if it’s loose wheels and tires.

It’s $57/wheel. Let me know if that works and you want to come down to POTML.
Deal, thats right around the corner, PM sending now.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

And theyre on! Zero fitment issues, so they must have updated their casting or something. Even the axle nuts JUST fit without having to use the deeper dust caps (which they did include too).

Shout out to @fledonfoot for getting me in and out today for the mounting/balancing.Image
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm And theyre on! Zero fitment issues, so they must have updated their casting or something. Even the axle nuts JUST fit without having to use the deeper dust caps (which they did include too).

Shout out to @fledonfoot for getting me in and out today for the mounting/balancing.Image
Those look great! Still a handsome car after so many years, I never see them around here.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote:
rockchops wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm And theyre on! Zero fitment issues, so they must have updated their casting or something. Even the axle nuts JUST fit without having to use the deeper dust caps (which they did include too).

Those look great! Still a handsome car after so many years, I never see them around here.
thank you! yeah crazy to think this is already 15 years old. Put some miles on it today...rattles like a 15 year old GM car but drives amazing.Image
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:14 am

:dat:
It's a minor classic, imo.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Looks great, man!
Glad I could get you on the road before the weather shits the bed.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

rockchops wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:48 pm
D Griff wrote:
thank you! yeah crazy to think this is already 15 years old. Put some miles on it today...rattles like a 15 year old GM car but drives amazing.Image
A couple of years ago for a region vs region event a guy from north louisiana shows up with a sky that was in Cam. I swear this bitch had 315s square but it was probably some 285s or something. It's been a while but I remember them being wide as shit and cambered like hell for autocross. And the dude dominated.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

van is for sale,
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 635680766/

for you fancy metapeople
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

rockchops wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:22 pm van is for sale,

for you fancy metapeople
:pouroneout:

I stupidly want this thing... but really don't have time for something that would inevitably become a project at some point. I wonder if there are any shops around here that do JDM shit.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote:
rockchops wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:22 pm van is for sale,

for you fancy metapeople
:pouroneout:

I stupidly want this thing... but really don't have time for something that would inevitably become a project at some point. I wonder if there are any shops around here that do JDM shit.
I geev you special dfd deal though?