Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:59 pm I wish there were legal places to ride dirt bikes around here. Would be a great time.
Dirt bikes on dirt or dirt bikes on street?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:59 pm I wish there were legal places to ride dirt bikes around here. Would be a great time.
Dirt bikes on dirt.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 am

Dirt bikes on dirt.
:word:

They're out there, just gotta be willing to drive...or buy a big chunk of property to tear up yourself. Growing up we used to ride my grandfather's property, then after moving to Indiana, we'd drive 2 hours to an ORV park. I'd love to ride dirt again, but realistically, the only way I'd do it is if I had my own property, suitable for riding, or moved somewhere west where public land access is still a thing.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 am

Dirt bikes on dirt.

They're out there, just gotta be willing to drive...or buy a big chunk of property to tear up yourself. Growing up we used to ride my grandfather's property, then after moving to Indiana, we'd drive 2 hours to an ORV park. I'd love to ride dirt again, but realistically, the only way I'd do it is if I had my own property, suitable for riding, or moved somewhere west where public land access is still a thing.
Yeah, it's just not convenient to legally ride around here. Growing up I'd ride around my dads house and that was great on a small bike. If I got something like a 250 to brap around on, I'd need much more property. I also would need a place to store said bike. :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

The dynojet tech support guy pointed out an important detail that may be whats wrong witht he rideability issues on the grom. I will try it this new way i guess.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am The dynojet tech support guy pointed out an important detail that may be whats wrong witht he rideability issues on the grom. I will try it this new way i guess.
its like I know your future.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am The dynojet tech support guy pointed out an important detail that may be whats wrong witht he rideability issues on the grom. I will try it this new way i guess.
details?
Apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am
details?
Bike too small, buy a bigger one.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

details?
Basically i thought it was able to control fueling everywhere, I was incorrect. This is explained very poorly everywhere online, and in the provided instructions.

This is how i summed it up:
So basically the WB2 is faking out the grom ecu to drive it to a 13.5 AFR in closed loop. The grom ecu in closed loop tunes itself. The power commander itself therefore can only tune the open loop. Therefore, since I'm trying to make the bike tune in the closed loop area, I have therefore created the 7th circle of hell for a controls systems engineer with two systems fighting each other to tune the engine.

Do I have it correct now?
And the Dynojet guy responded in the affirmative.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Put a carb on it.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:42 am

details?
Basically i thought it was able to control fueling everywhere, I was incorrect. This is explained very poorly everywhere online, and in the provided instructions.

This is how i summed it up:
So basically the WB2 is faking out the grom ecu to drive it to a 13.5 AFR in closed loop. The grom ecu in closed loop tunes itself. The power commander itself therefore can only tune the open loop. Therefore, since I'm trying to make the bike tune in the closed loop area, I have therefore created the 7th circle of hell for a controls systems engineer with two systems fighting each other to tune the engine.

Do I have it correct now?
And the Dynojet guy responded in the affirmative.
Yeah, I seem to recall open vs. closed loop tuning in early in my Grom ownershit. Unfortunately there's not a good way to fool the Grom ECU into open loop all the time...or fool it into thinking that it's tuning in closed loop perfectly.

The KTM O2 sensors are easy to override with resistors so the ECU thinks it perfectly hitting its 14.7:1 AF ratio...then the power commander makes it's fuel adjustments on top of that.

The easy answer for your situation is a standalone ECU.....

...or a carburetor
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i did all my resets last night and got the beast started, and its already idling better. I will ride friday and make sure this is the bizinuss.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 am

Dirt bikes on dirt.

Yeah my buddy out in Phoenix rides every Saturday morning for a few hours before it gets too hot. Loves it. I grew up in a huge dirt bike town, but only ever rode one once.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Went and rode, much better. Still not right in the mid range between 2k-4k rpms, but its no worse than it was with the cam.

Definitely quicker to 50, just not happy with results. :/

Buttoning her up for vacation.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Bike on trailer ready to depart tomorrow!
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well the tail was fun, but the olde super grom was not so super. Sure it has more power, but not enough. and the fucking piggyback power commander BS is shit. Garbage. Bad to the point of being unsafe.

Doing a 250 swap, its decided.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

whatcha know bout that donut lyfe.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am Image

Should help with rotation and less understeer. :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am Image

Believe it or not.....i was trying to take it kinda easy....
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:18 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

:mindblown:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

bid entered on wrecked but running cbr 250r. I don't think I'll win it, but wheels are moving. I think I will spend my free friday this week putting the gromlin back to stock, minus the exhaust and MAYBE a DIY intake if i can cobble one together, but probably not.

But yea, the 250 swap project is beginning one way or another.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i did not win the wrecked 250r

I did however find a running just fine 250r for 2k close to me. :fullretard:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah... that's impossibru if you have clear road in front of you. The red mist just kinda... descends. :stig:
yea, well i was already pissed at myself about the tire. Notice how lights are on in full daylight.... i was not fucking around, you got to pass ONE pulloff before the blinking started in your mirrors.

Also Tire cliffs: Me and our buddy were leaving the dragon after a big storm, at night. You know all those signs about falling rocks? that shit happens. Big rock in our lane.

He dropped two, got an almost immediate flat in right rear. He got to buy a whole set of tires #subishit
I kept it on the road, but i hit rock (for that 2 second penalty) with my left front. Left front was fine, but next morning the right rear was low. I filled it up... it seems to hold air fine through the day. Next day it was vv flat. it would have been a bad idea to go home, towing, on a leaking tire, so i burned most of my saturday...the only day i was there with worth a shit weather... dealing with getting a tire. Now I'm all mismatched too :(
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Yeah... that's impossibru if you have clear road in front of you. The red mist just kinda... descends. :stig:
yea, well i was already pissed at myself about the tire. Notice how lights are on in full daylight.... i was not fucking around, you got to pass ONE pulloff before the blinking started in your mirrors.

Also Tire cliffs: Me and our buddy were leaving the dragon after a big storm, at night. You know all those signs about falling rocks? that shit happens. Big rock in our lane.

He dropped two, got an almost immediate flat in right rear. He got to buy a whole set of tires #subishit
I kept it on the road, but i hit rock (for that 2 second penalty) with my left front. Left front was fine, but next morning the right rear was low. I filled it up... it seems to hold air fine through the day. Next day it was vv flat. it would have been a bad idea to go home, towing, on a leaking tire, so i burned most of my saturday...the only day i was there with worth a shit weather... dealing with getting a tire. Now I'm all mismatched too :(
I didn't hit rock.

:truk: 1
:turboyaris: 0
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am

I didn't hit rock.

:truk: 1
:turboyaris: 0
:sass: :sass: :sass:
:sass: :melon: :sass:
:sass: :sass: :sass:
brain go brrrrrr