Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:19 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:55 pm as requested, pics of my minor garage reorg.

I moved the cabinets into position and filled them with the things

moved the homebrew cabinet by the fridge

put bolts in more user friendly containers

hung some posters

re orged / cleaned out toolbox.

Need moar coolers.
Ha, right?

No what i need is 2 really decent coolers that fit in the car well, a medium one and a bigger ~48qt with wheels. That POS i have there is disposable Mardigras shit I got for free50.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Productive weekend, rode the versys friday, cleared the patio saturday, track day sunday.

Im wiped out today lol
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:scrooge: PSA alert:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DH ... UTF8&psc=1

I bough this cheaper liquid filled air gauge off amazon because 50 bucks for a longacre or something is just too hard a pill to swallow for my cheap ass. Sure they are super nice gauges...but 50 bucks....

This one is totally adequate. You can burp it to equalize the pressure, the chuck head rotates, seems super precise.
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 am :scrooge: PSA alert:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DH ... UTF8&psc=1

I bough this cheaper liquid filled air gauge off amazon because 50 bucks for a longacre or something is just too hard a pill to swallow for my cheap ass. Sure they are super nice gauges...but 50 bucks....

This one is totally adequate. You can burp it to equalize the pressure, the chuck head rotates, seems super precise.
:notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

At the track day the bike was still pig rich and drank fuel.... so I ordered the 20 freaking dollars of the 'in between' jet sizes from jetsrus. THe 105 is too lean and the 110 is too fat, hopefully the 108 is the answer.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Picked up an engine guard for the 300x used off good book for 50 bucks. :nice:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:55 pm as requested, pics of my minor garage reorg.

I moved the cabinets into position and filled them with the things

moved the homebrew cabinet by the fridge

put bolts in more user friendly containers

hung some posters

re orged / cleaned out toolbox.

Garage organization is always so thati'thfying. :yesth:

:like:
Thanks!

Track day today on the dirt bike, finally put in my 108 jet at the track, that was the answer, she runs much, much better.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I have decided after mulling over for over a year that i need to upgrade to at least a true 4x8 trailer.

The HF is in the running, but :dubshow: says there are issues in buying it in LA... but ima also going to tn Next week..... i wonder how small the box is.....

OR

I can go :waxer: and just buy what I want / need ready to go from a trailer place. Hmm decisions.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:25 am I have decided after mulling over for over a year that i need to upgrade to at least a true 4x8 trailer.

The HF is in the running, but :dubshow: says there are issues in buying it in LA... but ima also going to tn Next week..... i wonder how small the box is.....

OR

I can go :waxer: and just buy what I want / need ready to go from a trailer place. Hmm decisions.
Open or enclosed trailer? Something like that will be on the cheap for a used one. Go over the tires and bearings and you should be good to go for not a ton of cash.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Man...I dunno if I'd buy an HF trailer. If it's something you're going to use a lot and for a long time, buy something of better quality. My 4x8 HF trailer was used quite a bit when we first moved to MI, and while it was fine the entire time, it required constant tightening and adjusting of things. It seemed a bit worse for wear being folded up and unfolded constantly...I'm not sure I'd buy another one for constant use.

Unless you welded it together or something, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of buying that trailer.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:25 am I have decided after mulling over for over a year that i need to upgrade to at least a true 4x8 trailer.

OR

Open or enclosed trailer? Something like that will be on the cheap for a used one. Go over the tires and bearings and you should be good to go for not a ton of cash.
Yea, good point. A used nice trailer would probably be a solid deal. They're simple enough to fix up without much effort if need be.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:32 am

Yea, good point. A used nice trailer would probably be a solid deal. They're simple enough to fix up without much effort if need be.
Or he could get a :truk:
:trollface: :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

OR

Maybe I didnt remember what exactly the issue is at HF.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/11 ... read-this/

Your plan to scrap old trailer and "re-register" it seems pretty good. Maybe they do let you out the store with a trailer in a box.

You will still need to do a deck on it. Not sure why not just do a plywood deck on the one you got now. Very :notsure: on the trailer-in-a-box from hazard frought is better than what you have now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:32 am
:triggered:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:36 am
Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am

:triggered:
:lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

OR

Open, this is a car trailer for towing the bikes. pulled by car. Also my "truck" if you will for gathering things that wont fit in the car

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 am Man...I dunno if I'd buy an HF trailer. If it's something you're going to use a lot and for a long time, buy something of better quality. My 4x8 HF trailer was used quite a bit when we first moved to MI, and while it was fine the entire time, it required constant tightening and adjusting of things. It seemed a bit worse for wear being folded up and unfolded constantly...I'm not sure I'd buy another one for constant use.

Unless you welded it together or something, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of buying that trailer.

I would do some welding to make it better, but thats alot of time added to project.

dubshow wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am

OR

Maybe I didnt remember what exactly the issue is at HF.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/11 ... read-this/

Your plan to scrap old trailer and "re-register" it seems pretty good. Maybe they do let you out the store with a trailer in a box.

You will still need to do a deck on it. Not sure why not just do a plywood deck on the one you got now. Very :notsure: on the trailer-in-a-box from hazard frought is better than what you have now.
We just talked about all my reasons and you had good points. I need to go talk to a trailer store.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... ty-trailer#

decision have been made
Yea, if you have a place to store it, this is absolutely the way to go IMO.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... ty-trailer#

decision have been made
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

decision have been made
I'll have to cut the tongue down a bit (it looks to be bolted for this very purpose) to store it vertically like i do now, but this is not a big deal. Also likely necessary to balance it well for use with car towing, so two birds one stone. We will hinge the ramp so its not a yuge airbrake, add the e-track stuff, led bulbs in the lights, and donzo.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 pm
I'll have to cut the tongue down a bit (it looks to be bolted for this very purpose) to store it vertically like i do now, but this is not a big deal. Also likely necessary to balance it well for use with car towing, so two birds one stone. We will hinge the ramp so its not a yuge airbrake, add the e-track stuff, led bulbs in the lights, and donzo.
Solid plan. In4updates
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

decision have been made
:dat:

its decided. And I have the steel needed to doctor it up.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

mom car did work at the dragon

bought trailer before we left.

Plan is to
1. just use hitch pins and add a connector for the lights to disconnect the tongue for storage, since its OAL is more than my ceiling height.
2. LED lights in existing sockets
3. 1x6 wood deck
4. mount etrack
5. Mount plate to fender with a new light. This is becasue when i tip it on its but it strikes the ground. I found fatigue cracks in the metal plate holder...don't want to lose my plate!
6. Put hinges on the rear ramp so that it folds in half and is not a huge aero brake.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

forgot to post the :mk6: failed the bullshit obdii emissions inspection.

Problem: nosticer with CEL on, this is a problem for vw owners.

My air leak must have gotten worse, I reset cel and it came on immediately on next start. So i reset cel and failed b/c the reddiness did not set.

I think i got the air leak fixed (boost gauge tap :rolleyes: ) and all the reddines is set except for cat efficiency but I think i just need to put a few miles on it so that it sets.

This friday I will work on the trailer.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well the car has set readiness but the fucking CEL is on. Intermittent lean at idle and some boost pressure control intermittent issue, the later being almost certainly from the tune.

I see nothing in the actual law saying i cant get a sticker with the light on, just that i have to pass the OBD2 emissions test (setting readiness). So I think I go try to today.....if it stops raining.
brain go brrrrrr