Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

So the oil change didn't help the slipping clutch. but.... readjusted the cable and it seems fine. it felt like it had play in it but I guess it was too tight?

I don't know... clutches might be on their last leg anyway, time will tell.

I 'scored' a shim kit with only a few shims missing for half price. so it looks like I'm doing the valves myself. I might just effing do the clutch while it's all in a million pieces
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

and to add to the todo list, I looks like I'm buying a miata
red 95 that was totaled due to haliariousily minor rear end damage . was nice car before. comes with spare wheels, 140k, ac working, dude just took payout and doesn't want to deal with it.
1500 ask.
I'm getting it if he responds back. we've traded messages but I think he is driving based on what he said. so when he gets back I'll go look and scoop.
it needs 300 in parts to be good as before.
and I can get antique plates!
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:bruh: we demand pics.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:46 pm :bruh: we demand pics.
:dat: I wanna see :dat: ass also.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

sorry for derp shots no good way to save from goodbook

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

went and saw car. deal done on a handshake. will meat Friday to transact.
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm went and saw car. deal done on a handshake. will meat Friday to transact.
You're first and not last!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I have a pair of tailights if you want. They're a little frosted but could probably be polished out. I replaced mine with some used ones from a guy on crangslist.
Lemme know, next time I see Alan I can drop em off with him. Not sure what other parts I might have but hit me up if there's something you need. We do have the old motor that was in the car, and a spare 1.8 that's in pieces ( I used the crank in the new rebuild).
I was planning on posting the 2 motors and all that pieces on CL to clear out my garage for the MR2 motor rebuilds.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm I have a pair of tailights if you want. They're a little frosted but could probably be polished out. I replaced mine with some used ones from a guy on crangslist.
Lemme know, next time I see Alan I can drop em off with him. Not sure what other parts I might have but hit me up if there's something you need. We do have the old motor that was in the car, and a spare 1.8 that's in pieces ( I used the crank in the new rebuild).
I was planning on posting the 2 motors and all that pieces on CL to clear out my garage for the MR2 motor rebuilds.
dude :fuckyeah: I need those taillights, at least one of them?

I can make room for spare engine I think. I'd hate for it to be scrapped if it's good.

I'll need a hard top (right lol ) , a trunk, that plastic license plate frame, a radio... and a stock airbox or not hacked O'Riley special cold air intake. oh and a steering wheel, and maybe an airbag. dude said he might be able to get me the airbag.

car runs fine that's just stuff to make it pretty and OEM.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

This is a comparison of what I replaced. The clearer ones are what I bought and are on the car. The others, like I said, could possibly be polished off. I was just too lazy to do any sanding. You can take the pair. I'll just have to get em out of the attic when I get a chance.

You're more than welcome to any of the motor parts (Eric has my old CAS from one of the motors). The motor I pulled from the car has a few things stripped that I had to put on the 99 NB motor. I think I had to take the NA throttle body, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, egr, exhaust manifold.... I think that's it. I used all my existing intake piping because the blown motor was just the motor.

The local Pull a Part doesn't have any Miatas right now, so I can't really grab anything for ya. I do check it daily so if one pops up I'll let ya know. So far they've had 3 in total and I've been checking daily for the last year or so.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:04 am So the oil change didn't help the slipping clutch. but.... readjusted the cable and it seems fine. it felt like it had play in it but I guess it was too tight?

I 'scored' a shim kit with only a few shims missing for half price. so it looks like I'm doing the valves myself. I might just effing do the clutch while it's all in a million pieces
:doit:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 pm This is a comparison of what I replaced. The clearer ones are what I bought and are on the car. The others, like I said, could possibly be polished off. I was just too lazy to do any sanding. You can take the pair. I'll just have to get em out of the attic when I get a chance.

You're more than welcome to any of the motor parts (Eric has my old CAS from one of the motors). The motor I pulled from the car has a few things stripped that I had to put on the 99 NB motor. I think I had to take the NA throttle body, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, egr, exhaust manifold.... I think that's it. I used all my existing intake piping because the blown motor was just the motor.

The local Pull a Part doesn't have any Miatas right now, so I can't really grab anything for ya. I do check it daily so if one pops up I'll let ya know. So far they've had 3 in total and I've been checking daily for the last year or so.
that will be awesome man thanks. at this point I just need not broken tail lights
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:04 am So the oil change didn't help the slipping clutch. but.... readjusted the cable and it seems fine. it felt like it had play in it but I guess it was too tight?

:doit:
I will good sir :like: :D
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:58 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 pm This is a comparison of what I replaced. The clearer ones are what I bought and are on the car. The others, like I said, could possibly be polished off. I was just too lazy to do any sanding. You can take the pair. I'll just have to get em out of the attic when I get a chance.

that will be awesome man thanks. at this point I just need not broken tail lights
:nice: score there.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote:and to add to the todo list, I looks like I'm buying a miata
red 95 that was totaled due to haliariousily minor rear end damage . was nice car before. comes with spare wheels, 140k, ac working, dude just took payout and doesn't want to deal with it.
1500 ask.
I'm getting it if he responds back. we've traded messages but I think he is driving based on what he said. so when he gets back I'll go look and scoop.
Oh hello fellow red NA owner. :megusta:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:and to add to the todo list, I looks like I'm buying a miata
1500 ask.
Oh hello fellow red NA owner. :megusta:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make Miatas Great Again
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

it's official.

this car is seriously :notbad:

more later as I dig in but it really needs very little
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Little :fax: approved!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I do not understand how buying this beat to fuck ricer roller skate makes you happy but it sure seems to and that is a sea change so you buff the fuck out of that plastic brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm

I do not understand how buying this beat to fuck ricer roller skate makes you happy but it sure seems to and that is a sea change so you buff the fuck out of that plastic brah.
trust me, this car is not beat to shit. I definitely found a diamond in the rough sub 2k Miata.

has a brola exhaust :megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm

I wish I would get happiness from this, but instead I will just watch it unfold in envy. It’s such cheap fun.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

drove the beater Miata to work this morning, for the lolz. It's pretty tight with this Mazda 3 steering wheel.... dude is supposed to be getting me the airbag to go back to stock wheel, but should I just get the adapter hubs to install my MOMO wheel? it's a little smaller and I can push it out a little farther. but then no airbag. but will a 25 year old airbag realllllly work?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I bought the Amazon Chinese knock off adapter and quick release. YOLO

Parts are so haliariousily cheap. what a time to be alive.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:32 am I bought the Amazon Chinese knock off adapter and quick release. YOLO

Parts are so haliariousily cheap. what a time to be alive.
wipe it down with lysol first.

:scoot: