Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Detroit wrote:Imageol: epic you saved the rock.
Yeah, because grievance collection Image
:lolol:

Good call keeping the original bumper, imo.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:08 pm Also, since there's nowhere else to put this...

I went to Vancouver last weekend and that place is so awesome, probably my favorite North American City. Canada is an underrated country, now that I've been to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, I can say, all are 5/7. :fuckyeah:

Will make sure to stay away from any rocks next time I'm in the country :doe: .
:dat:
Canuckistan is 5/7.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Have you seen the real estate prices in Vancouver? While the city is certainly nice, I don't know how anyone can afford to live there.
Toronto is :waxer: as well... the really odd thing is that, despite that, there seem to be very few poors in all of the Canadian cities I've visited. I've yet to encounter ghettos or tons of homeless like you find in most US cities.
Well, no one there goes bankrupt from major health issues, and I believe they actually spend money on mental health care, iirc. So that helps with the homeless situation.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Toronto is :waxer: as well... the really odd thing is that, despite that, there seem to be very few poors in all of the Canadian cities I've visited. I've yet to encounter ghettos or tons of homeless like you find in most US cities.
Well, no one there goes bankrupt from major health issues, and I believe they actually spend money on mental health care, iirc. So that helps with the homeless situation.
Thank you guys for the compliments! We are blessed in many ways...

I'm looking into mental health care now, sadly it's not covered. Seeing a :therapist: is $180-300/visit and that's either private or out of pocket.

Healthcare is a thing, and it makes a big difference. Also, the cities mentioned are all economic power house cities so the tax base is there.
Typically poors can collect but it's not much, like maybe 600/month which covers nowhere for living so these people need to find a couch to sleep on. In the case of families, maybe like $1500/month can be issued, but more for more kids. Money is spent on shelters and trained staff to get the mentally ill into them. You will still see many on the streets but often times near a shelter which can be in a "off the beaten path" kind of area.

The country is relatively young, and had been inhibited by the british and french, followed by the europeans, and ultimately everyone else who has the means to get here and can pass through the requirements filter. Crime is starting to grow and budgets are starting to balloon. It won't be like this forever, but at the moments it's between good and excellent. We were rated 2nd best standard of living ten years ago but have slipped to like 15th. No guarantees about the future, but with natural resources and lots of land it will never be horrible.

I need to visit Vancouver again. It's been a long time and the last time I went it was winter. I think it's similar to Toronto in many ways but with better views. And yes real estate is full blown :disgust: . Gov has set restrictions on qualifying for loans and taxing multiple properties or out or country purchasers because there is too much speculating and overseas buying of homes that cause gyrations which might :fkshitup:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:43 pm
wap wrote:
Thank you guys for the compliments! We are blessed in many ways...

I'm looking into mental health care now, sadly it's not covered. Seeing a :therapist: is $180-300/visit and that's either private or out of pocket.

Healthcare is a thing, and it makes a big difference. Also, the cities mentioned are all economic power house cities so the tax base is there.
Typically poors can collect but it's not much, like maybe 600/month which covers nowhere for living so these people need to find a couch to sleep on. In the case of families, maybe like $1500/month can be issued, but more for more kids. Money is spent on shelters and trained staff to get the mentally ill into them. You will still see many on the streets but often times near a shelter which can be in a "off the beaten path" kind of area.

The country is relatively young, and had been inhibited by the british and french, followed by the europeans, and ultimately everyone else who has the means to get here and can pass through the requirements filter. Crime is starting to grow and budgets are starting to balloon. It won't be like this forever, but at the moments it's between good and excellent. We were rated 2nd best standard of living ten years ago but have slipped to like 15th. No guarantees about the future, but with natural resources and lots of land it will never be horrible.

I need to visit Vancouver again. It's been a long time and the last time I went it was winter. I think it's similar to Toronto in many ways but with better views. And yes real estate is full blown :disgust: . Gov has set restrictions on qualifying for loans and taxing multiple properties or out or country purchasers because there is too much speculating and overseas buying of homes that cause gyrations which might :fkshitup:
Chinese overlords were doing a bunch of the purchasing before... similar to here. I actually thought Vancouver really felt a lot like the bay area here... Except everything is hockey related and the liquor store sitch. Tonz of AZNS too
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:43 pm Thank you guys for the compliments! We are blessed in many ways...

Chinese overlords were doing a bunch of the purchasing before... similar to here. I actually thought Vancouver really felt a lot like the bay area here... Except everything is hockey related and the liquor store sitch. Tonz of AZNS too
:dat: I think they like the west coast, close flight out to their foreign investments. The Chinese are trying to buy anything bolted down outside of the motherland. Probably don't trust Xi Jinping and crew to not steal their life savings.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:49 pm
max225 wrote:
:dat: I think they like the west coast, close flight out to their foreign investments. The Chinese are trying to buy anything bolted down outside of the motherland. Probably don't trust Xi Jinping and crew to not steal their life savings.
They are legit Rich AF. They bought up most of europe/australia/new zealand, entire west coast, tons of shit in texas too. Every place i traveled to recently, had a very very similar story.
Chinese going on in buying up properties and just sitting on them/renting them out, and or sending their crotchfruit to school

It is INSANE really how much money is in china.... Worlds biggest economy... And the craziest part.. our PRICES ARE CHEAP for them... even though no one here can afford shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Awesome on the rock collection. Man, R ownership is extremely dangerous based on our forum sample.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:49 pm :dat: I think they like the west coast, close flight out to their foreign investments. The Chinese are trying to buy anything bolted down outside of the motherland. Probably don't trust Xi Jinping and crew to not steal their life savings.
They are legit Rich AF. They bought up most of europe/australia/new zealand, entire west coast, tons of shit in texas too. Every place i traveled to recently, had a very very similar story.
Chinese going on in buying up properties and just sitting on them/renting them out, and or sending their crotchfruit to school

It is INSANE really how much money is in china.... Worlds biggest economy... And the craziest part.. our PRICES ARE CHEAP for them... even though no one here can afford shit.
:dat: its completely off the charts financial domination globally. Blows my mind dude!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:Awesome on the rock collection. Man, R ownership is extremely dangerous based on our forum sample.
You have to have cat like reflexes when you drive these cars Image
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Tarspin wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:Awesome on the rock collection. Man, R ownership is extremely dangerous based on our forum sample.
You have to have cat like reflexes when you drive these cars Image

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote:
Tarspin wrote:You have to have cat like reflexes when you drive these cars Image

Sent from the Beer Depository
Extraordinary show of skills right there. The man was a legend.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Double post.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Obviously it goes without saying that you must have the alignment checked once they replace the oil pan - but I'd maybe reconsider getting the rad replaced. The new plastic-endcap radiators are not very durable.
The dealer is going to gut the GoRf up like a :doge: at a chinese supermarket. The alignment will definitely need to be done afterwards. I don't love that the rad is getting changed but we will see what insurance decides. Its up to them, if I hold back a recommendation from either party I risk vw pointing to the damage and denying warranty coverage if or when something goes wrong with the rad in the future. Plus the new one will be one year newer and so will the coolant... deferred service costs Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm The dealer is going to gut the GoRf up like a :doge: at a chinese supermarket. The alignment will definitely need to be done afterwards. I don't love that the rad is getting changed but we will see what insurance decides. Its up to them, if I hold back a recommendation from either party I risk vw pointing to the damage and denying warranty coverage if or when something goes wrong with the rad in the future. Plus the new one will be one year newer and so will the coolant... deferred service costs Image
Bingo.

Imagegasm: ouch!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:00 pm My loaner is 5/7, my neighbors won't even notice that the .:R is gone! $15/day, :crang:
ImageImageImage
You detailed the R? Looks good. Didn't realize you could get a tan interior in them. :notbad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:lolgasm: at keeping the rock and adding it to the yard :like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

in4updates on lawn rock and GoRf.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hey all, the rock is doing great and looks 5/7 on the lawn. It blends well with the recent ice storm that we had up here. It was so serious that I spent the night in a hotel to ride it out. 1100 accidents in The Six reported last Sat!

Speaking of ice storms, the hankooks on the TSI were actually really good for all seasons but once they get buried in 3" of icy snow its game over. I rocked the car out of my self made ditch by holding the gas and switching from drive to reverse and back many many times. Really missed the AWD that Sunday morning. The 1.8T packs a solid punch with 170hp and 200 lb-ft of torque. The auto transmission is meh and you cant disable traction control sadly. I'd strongly consider it as an economical DD thats fun to beat on. The top level trim is very satisfying in a :derp: kind of way.

I called about the .:R today and it has lovingly remained inside the same bay I that I inspected in when I got the estimate. Avoided the ice storm altogether! The dealership is waiting on parts but one of their techs is off for a while so they had a spare slot indoors and didn't bother to move the car. Parts should be arriving at the end of this week and then the car will get repaired for unknown number of days. Steven my service advisor let me know that there are no issues with insurance on any level.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Why does this seem like a long time? Does it usually take 2 weeks for parts in canuckistan? When I've needed stuff it's usually a day or two at the max.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:Why does this seem like a long time? Does it usually take 2 weeks for parts in canuckistan? When I've needed stuff it's usually a day or two at the max.
I don't know TBH. Some corps do better then others especially since the customer base here is 10% of the US market. It sounds like some items are getting shipped from overseas. :aintcare: since I am rollin' in a free loaner. I put 1000km on the TSI and it only had 450 when i got it. Fully broken in now! :stig:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm Hey all, the rock is doing great and looks 5/7 on the lawn. It blends well with the recent ice storm that we had up here. It was so serious that I spent the night in a hotel to ride it out. 1100 accidents in The Six reported last Sat!

Speaking of ice storms, the hankooks on the TSI were actually really good for all seasons but once they get buried in 3" of icy snow its game over. I rocked the car out of my self made ditch by holding the gas and switching from drive to reverse and back many many times. Really missed the AWD that Sunday morning. The 1.8T packs a solid punch with 170hp and 200 lb-ft of torque. The auto transmission is meh and you cant disable traction control sadly. I'd strongly consider it as an economical DD thats fun to beat on. The top level trim is very satisfying in a :derp: kind of way.

I called about the .:R today and it has lovingly remained inside the same bay I that I inspected in when I got the estimate. Avoided the ice storm altogether! The dealership is waiting on parts but one of their techs is off for a while so they had a spare slot indoors and didn't bother to move the car. Parts should be arriving at the end of this week and then the car will get repaired for unknown number of days. Steven my service advisor let me know that there are no issues with insurance on any level.
:fuckyeah: that they kept your car inside!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:Why does this seem like a long time? Does it usually take 2 weeks for parts in canuckistan? When I've needed stuff it's usually a day or two at the max.
I don't know TBH. Some corps do better then others especially since the customer base here is 10% of the US market. It sounds like some items are getting shipped from overseas. :aintcare: since I am rollin' in a free loaner. I put 1000km on the TSI and it only had 450 when i got it. Fully broken in now! :stig:
Does it have bi-xenons though?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm I don't know TBH. Some corps do better then others especially since the customer base here is 10% of the US market. It sounds like some items are getting shipped from overseas. :aintcare: since I am rollin' in a free loaner. I put 1000km on the TSI and it only had 450 when i got it. Fully broken in now! :stig:
Does it have bi-xenons though?
It has sick LEDs :bruh: , bi-xenons are so 2017.