Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

At least this will be fixed before the :crang: crangshaft situation is decided.

:roasted:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Spoke with insurance, and since the rock was in motion it will be covered without any change to my rate. Also, during my latest discussion with my insurance broker I agreed to some term that reduces my deductible to zero dollars in a case of this nature.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am Spoke with insurance, and since the rock was in motion it will be covered without any change to my rate. Also, during my latest discussion with my insurance broker I agreed to some term that reduces my deductible to zero dollars in a case of this nature.
:impressive: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am Spoke with insurance, and since the rock was in motion it will be covered without any change to my rate. Also, during my latest discussion with my insurance broker I agreed to some term that reduces my deductible to zero dollars in a case of this nature.
:impressive: :fuckyeah:
:alpo: :fuckyeah: !

One less problem, whew!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:fuckyeah:

How long will it take to fix? I assume they have to order some stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:50 am I received my update in email and I am taking this morning off to personally inspect the damage for myself. The email I received floored me!

From my boy at VW dillerman. Regardless of what I find superficial and remove from the list it will be over $1k so insurance is getting involved this morning. I just want to see if the damage looks like it came from a football sized rock or something new. If i don't like what they show me I may shop for a new dealer after this is said and done.ImageImage
Still cheaper than a crangshaft

Yea my :dillerman: did the same shit, found “10k” in “damage” when I hit a curb in the TDI. I went there to inspect only to have them not replace and put 1/2 of the parts on they claimed were needed. I furiously demanded they replace them.

Standard :dillerman: shady shit. However in your case some of what is quoted does indeed warrant some type of repair.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote::fuckyeah:

How long will it take to fix? I assume they have to order some stuff.

Adjuster needs to look at the damage and approve repairs. My guess is that Crang and I pull our cars out of the dealership on the same day. Betting on 10 days or less.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

No way. I think this gets done before the crangshaft saga completes.

ChrisoftheNorth

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am No way. I think this gets done before the crangshaft saga completes.

It'll be done before :crang: even makes a decision.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:50 am I received my update in email and I am taking this morning off to personally inspect the damage for myself. The email I received floored me!

From my boy at VW dillerman. Regardless of what I find superficial and remove from the list it will be over $1k so insurance is getting involved this morning. I just want to see if the damage looks like it came from a football sized rock or something new. If i don't like what they show me I may shop for a new dealer after this is said and done.ImageImage
Still cheaper than a crangshaft

Yea my :dillerman: did the same shit, found “10k” in “damage” when I hit a curb in the TDI. I went there to inspect only to have them not replace and put 1/2 of the parts on they claimed were needed. I furiously demanded they replace them.

Standard :dillerman: shady shit. However in your case some of what is quoted does indeed warrant some type of repair.
They can be frustrating, but in my case coverage hinged on whether the rock was in motion or just sitting there. Thankfully it was in motion so now its up to the dealership and insurance to duke it out.

My final impression of the dealership is that they are fair but expensive. I will continue to do business with them and appreciate their openness. They lifted the car for me and we discussed the insurance and non-insurance options candidly. I personally would be able to afford to out of pocket the complete fix at this time and they respected that in our discussion.

My commitment to myself is that I continue to carry a good insurance policy as well as learn to become even more aware of the road, not just watch the car in front of me positionally but also its condition. If a rotting muffler can pop out from under it or a rock can fall out of it then I need to :gtfo: right away or make enough stopping room for me and the :derp: behind me.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Driving back through the same area. I couldn't help it, the $6000 rock. Oh hey, there's the rest of my oil.ImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks good in the front yard. Image
ChrisoftheNorth

:lolol: epic you saved the rock.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:43 pm Driving back through the same area. I couldn't help it, the $6000 rock. Oh hey, there's the rest of my oil.ImageImage
:amazing:

SO are you going to have them change all those items? BTW I didn't see the oil pan on the estimate... Do they call it the "oil sump"?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:43 pm Driving back through the same area. I couldn't help it, the $6000 rock. Oh hey, there's the rest of my oil.ImageImage

SO are you going to have them change all those items? BTW I didn't see the oil pan on the estimate...
I'm pretty much :aintcare: at this point. I trust that the insurance and dealership will go back and forth a bit. I told them not to worry about the bumper because I'd rather keep factory paint and fitup then fix the scuff that can't be seen underneath. Its a new car and its expensive so the more new parts the better. It will save me from a rusted out subframe down the road or possible unfixable tire wear or whatnot. Realistically though I don't think most of that will happen.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Imageol: epic you saved the rock.
Yeah, because grievance collection Image
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:44 pm Looks good in the front yard. Image
:lolgasm:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Holy shit man... bummer about the rock thing, :impressive: you're taking it all in stride.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:Holy shit man... bummer about the rock thing, :impressive: you're taking it all in stride.
Thanks Dan, it helps to have friends to bounce this off of, plus sometimes you get the pink sock weather you like it or not.

Its sucks but look at how :alpo: i ended up in the end, no body damage, my remus exhaust was untouched, zero out of pocket to fix the car, no impact to my insurance whatsoever, only need to clean three ramz when I get the car back, drive a "free" rental TSI zfg, get to keep a $6000 rock.

I really don't have the time or patience to stress it much. Still stings in the back of my mind but that's why they have alcohol.

Edit: free undercoating Image
Last edited by Tar on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:

SO are you going to have them change all those items? BTW I didn't see the oil pan on the estimate... Do they call it the "oil sump"?
Maybe oil sump... not sure now. Hmm. That's probably right man.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm glad the rock retrieval was a thing :lolol: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, since there's nowhere else to put this...

I went to Vancouver last weekend and that place is so awesome, probably my favorite North American City. Canada is an underrated country, now that I've been to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, I can say, all are 5/7. :fuckyeah:

Will make sure to stay away from any rocks next time I'm in the country :doe: .
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:08 pm Also, since there's nowhere else to put this...

I went to Vancouver last weekend and that place is so awesome, probably my favorite North American City. Canada is an underrated country, now that I've been to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, I can say, all are 5/7. :fuckyeah:

Have you seen the real estate prices in Vancouver? While the city is certainly nice, I don't know how anyone can afford to live there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:08 pm Also, since there's nowhere else to put this...

Have you seen the real estate prices in Vancouver? While the city is certainly nice, I don't know how anyone can afford to live there.
Toronto is :waxer: as well... the really odd thing is that, despite that, there seem to be very few poors in all of the Canadian cities I've visited. I've yet to encounter ghettos or tons of homeless like you find in most US cities.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Toronto is :waxer: as well... the really odd thing is that, despite that, there seem to be very few poors in all of the Canadian cities I've visited. I've yet to encounter ghettos or tons of homeless like you find in most US cities.
They probably freeze to death :yikes: