Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Front toe is the only thing that moved. I remember bonking that corner slightly as I turned into a driveway that wasn't plowed yet (two yrs ago) and thought nothing of it. Suspected that corner since I pulled my winters this year. :ohwell: ,glad it is squared up! :goodfeelz:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:17 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:42 am Results from the alignment are in, winter tars installed. Here is my print out. I realize that I must have had an alignment done after the rock incident.

:howdareu: get an alignment without a ACC recalibration!
Bunch of fake news on a fake feature.
max225

Does the golf R steer itself ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:12 pm Does the golf R steer itself ?
Yep, it works okay. You'll see an icon that looks like a disappearing road go from yellow to green when it locks into the road paint. You get chirped at after 15 seconds of self driving and then it stops tracking if you don't give the wheel slight tug.

I think it comes optionally equipped with the larger screen as a tech pkg.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:59 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:12 pm Does the golf R steer itself ?
Yep, it works okay. You'll see an icon that looks like a disappearing road go from yellow to green when it locks into the road paint. You get chirped at after 15 seconds of self driving and then it stops tracking if you don't give the wheel slight tug.

I thought my taco does ... but it doesn't... all it does is BEEP if you start swerving, and that's :bs: what sort of a feature is that. :fullretard:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:59 pm

I thought my taco does ... but it doesn't... all it does is BEEP if you start swerving, and that's :bs: what sort of a feature is that. :fullretard:
A terrible one. My wife's truck doesn't steer either, but at least you can modulate a steering wheel vibration. 2016 :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My inner fender liner seems to be out of position and it is causing the leading edge of my driver door to rub on the fender every time it opens and closes. Need to :dealwithit: when I go in for my DSG service which is due now.

That is probably the last door on the car that doesn't actually have a ding. :rolleyes:

Anyways, here are some pics of the door opened and closed:

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:54 am My inner fender liner seems to be out of position and it is causing the leading edge of my driver door to rub on the fender every time it opens and closes. Need to :dealwithit: when I go in for my DSG service which is due now.

That is probably the last door on the car that doesn't actually have a ding. :rolleyes:

Anyways, here are some pics of the door opened and closed:

this is happening to my GTI on the right front door. Same issue.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:47 am
Sucks man, what are you planning on doing with it? Do you think it is covered under the rust protection plan or the B2B warranty? I'm looking into it today.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:47 am
Sucks man, what are you planning on doing with it? Do you think it is covered under the rust protection plan or the B2B warranty? I'm looking into it today.
The dealer in VA was being a bit dumb with me about it. Now I’m in Texas so no more threat of rust. They were saying the panel might’ve been replaced at port. I told them to fuck off unless they can prove that happened.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:32 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 am

The dealer in VA was being a bit dumb with me about it. Now I’m in Texas so no more threat of rust. They were saying the panel might’ve been replaced at port. I told them to fuck off unless they can prove that happened.
See this pisses me off, there are widespread cases of this exactly same condition happening to our cars world wide, and litter the internet. How can they even play dumb at this point in the game? I'm going to see what my dealership says about it, hopefully when I go in for service. I've had good luck with them repainting a rusty spot on my wife's Touareg tailgate, so I know that they are capable of doing the paperwork properly. :popcorn: on how it plays out.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Time for a part-out, boys.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:51 am Time for a part-out, boys.
I don't want those doors to rust! SM not in today, but the booking girl says I should speak to him directly about getting this sorted out, so he'll call me tomorrow.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:59 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:51 am Time for a part-out, boys.
I don't want those doors to rust! SM not in today, but the booking girl says I should speak to him directly about getting this sorted out, so he'll call me tomorrow.
I'm sure you'll get taken care of, assuming you've sent your SM to Tahiti this year.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:50 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm sure you'll get taken care of, assuming you've sent your SM to Tahiti this year.
Lock downs and flight cancellations on everything that I tried to book the guy. I don't think that he's happy with me. To make matters worse, I don't even feel like paying for the full 120k service.
max225

So what is the "fix" for this issue? Take off the doors and cut that piece back?
Take off the bumpers and replace it?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 pm So what is the "fix" for this issue? Take off the doors and cut that piece back?
Take off the bumpers and replace it?
1. Take off the doors, which is easy thanks to a covered torx screw from below each hinge,
2. Replace the clips that hold the stupid plastic mud guard (replaces soft foam on early 2016+ models)
3. Either repaint the door, or do some kind of touch up job for those who request to keep their original door paint.

In my case, they will probably have to respray it I think.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This is the dumbest issue I've heard of in a while. Does that piece move over time? Or is the door rubbing from the get go and it just takes time for it to be noticeable in paint wear?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:30 pm This is the dumbest issue I've heard of in a while. Does that piece move over time? Or is the door rubbing from the get go and it just takes time for it to be noticeable in paint wear?
The liner moves. VW should have a service bulletin to countermeasure it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:30 pm This is the dumbest issue I've heard of in a while. Does that piece move over time? Or is the door rubbing from the get go and it just takes time for it to be noticeable in paint wear?
It really should. That's :fullretard: IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:58 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:42 pm

It really should. That's :fullretard: IMO.
Either their motto goes something like: "the beatings will continue until moral improves around here", or they just can't bother if the claims cost any value less then the Service Bulletin.

:ohwell: , as long as they do a good job with the paint and it doesn't rust. My specific unit is already branded with boatloads of miles, and juuuuuge rock damage claim so I geeve.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No call from the S-M at my VW dealership today. I don't think that I'll do any fluids until mid January, so I'll address the door damage at that time. I think I'll use my extra time to get a few quotes from local VW performance shops.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My dealer finally got back to me right before I went on a tear to find an indy shop to do my DSG fluid replacement.

They are likely going to take care of me when it comes to putting a claim in to VW of C so it is logical to get the service done there.

$400 DSG
$175 Haldex

I'm not sure how simple the DSG service is, but the kit is $85 and the fluid/o-ring and what looks to be a filter is $208, and shipping and conversion rate and I'm at $400.

The claim will either be handled by head office, or my dealer will slip it into my extended warranty. Either way I shouldn't have a problem with it.
wap

:fuckyeah: Good news!
razr390

Yea, that’s a good price. Here it’s about 500-800 depending on region/dillerman.

I’ve had good luck so far where most of my DSG services have floated between 475-550