Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So yeah, I now have about a month and a half before I can trade in the earth destroyer (2012 TDI/DSG/4DR) which served me flawlessly for nearly 90k miles. I knew that this day would come, but I didn't think that I would go ahead and buy another VW.

While angry tree huggers shun the manufacturer and strip down their worthless shit boxes to teach the evil Nazi descendants that they must be punished for their lies, I personally didn't GAF. The car has been reliable, dependable, efficient, and comfortable. Sure some granny with emphysema has to take deeper breaths as I drive by her front porch spewing gobs of NOx. That is on Dieter and his Jagermeister drinking brehs.

Anyways, point is I want and need a new car for DD duties. Based on the Murica deal I'm expecting to cash in for around 20k give or take. I either buy a new Civic/Cruze/Jetta/iM/whatever and break even or I pony up and get something else. New/near new was my only game plan.

I settled on something else. The Golf R wasn't really on my radar until I saw how much fun Gberg was having and of course the test drive. The thing is so dang fun to drive. I tested it out with the DSGAY and thought that it really is the smart play for me, wife unit can drive it, 0-60 in 0.7 sec faster then the :manuel: , so under 5 sec :dong: and it is so smartly brogrammed. It always delivers power, and paddle shifter input is instantaneous and let's me do whatever I want. The dealer let's me romp around for a while, windy up hill/down hill country setting and sprints to go to jail speeds NFG. Then right before I pull back onto the main street that I came from I hear, ok pull in here and take this road. Now stop. I see her push and hold the traction control button, and I start laughing. I know what's up, but I can't believe this girl is going to let me do this to a brand new R... someone else's brand new R doe. She says left foot on the brake and floor the gas. Away we go, :megusta: , launch control that bitch to 130km/hr lol. This chick is nuts, but whatever it takes right?
Last edited by Tar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:fuckyeah:

DSGs are great, love em.

Color, pics?
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Stats:

2017 R DSG ($42,095-1500=$40825)
Lapiz Blue Met
Alloy Wheel package upgrade ($130)
Winter Tar package (needs 17s so my current used poverty snows won't work) ($1495-500=995)
6 yr/200k kms bumper to bumper coverage (3200-700=2500)
3 yr tar protection for all sets (300)

Tack on admin, frieght, air tax, and 13% sales tax and I'm at $53k CAD out the door. I'm stripping 20k out from the diesel, 3k down and financing about 30k at 1.49%. For those who aren't up to date on exchange rates, 53k is about $40k USD. Tax in we are getting an incredible deal on cars. I don't think this will last, as our dollhair was one to one a year ago and car sales haven't adjusted yet.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:sorry:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 pm So yeah, I now have about a month and a half before I can trade in the earth destroyer (2012 TDI/DSG/4DR) which served me flawlessly for nearly 90k miles. I knew that this day would come, but I didn't think that I would go ahead and buy another VW.

While angry tree huggers shun the manufacturer and strip down their worthless shit boxes to teach the evil Nazi descendants that they must be punished for their lies, I personally didn't GAF. The car has been reliable, dependable, efficient, and comfortable. Sure some granny with emphysema has to take deeper breaths as I drive by her front porch spewing gobs of NOx. That is on Dieter and his Jagermeister drinking brehs.

Anyways, point is I want and need a new car for DD duties. Based on the Murica deal I'm expecting to cash in for around 20k give or take. I either buy a new Civic/Cruze/Jetta/iM/whatever and break even or I pony up and get something else. New/near new was my only game plan.

I settled on something else. The Golf R wasn't really on my radar until I saw how much fun Gberg was having and of course the test drive. The thing is so dang fun to drive. I tested it out with the DSGAY and thought that it really is the smart play for me, wife unit can drive it, 0-60 in 0.7 sec faster then the :manuel: , so under 5 sec :dong: and it is so smartly brogrammed. It always delivers power, and paddle shifter input is instantaneous and let's me do whatever I want. The dealer let's me romp around for a while, windy up hill/down hill country setting and sprints to go to jail speeds NFG. Then right before I pull back onto the main street that I came from I hear, ok pull in here and take this road. Now stop. I see her push and hold the traction control button, and I start laughing. I know what's up, but I can't believe this girl is going to let me do this to a brand new R... someone else's brand new R doe. She says left foot on the brake and floor the gas. Away we go, :megusta: , launch control that bitch to 130km/hr lol. This chick is nuts, but whatever it takes right?
Yas Queen! Congrats on the :dedong: of the Golfs bruh.

I really like the car a lot and I am jelly of your 245 tires all around :yikes: :gaydance:

I can't believe you did launchcontrolluruuuu

Pics plzzzzzz

Did you go literally get a close of the other R with dsgay?

It is pretty funny doe... I have been low key drooling over the golf ARRR, and I ended up with a 335i because it was cheaper, and all you VeeDub h8rs are getting dem eggs!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 am Image

:triggered:

Real pics please... not creeper stalker pics.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 pm So yeah, I now have about a month and a half before I can trade in the earth destroyer (2012 TDI/DSG/4DR) which served me flawlessly for nearly 90k miles. I knew that this day would come, but I didn't think that I would go ahead and buy another VW.

Yas Queen! Congrats on the :dedong: of the Golfs bruh.

I really like the car a lot and I am jelly of your 245 tires all around :yikes: :gaydance:

I can't believe you did launchcontrolluruuuu

Pics plzzzzzz

Did you go literally get a close of the other R with dsgay?

It is pretty funny doe... I have been low key drooling over the golf ARRR, and I ended up with a 335i because it was cheaper, and all you VeeDub h8rs are getting dem eggs!
Yes VeeDub, those bastards lol
Last edited by Tar on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:

Ok because I cheaped out on the infotainment system (tech package for another 2k) I need to wait for them to ship the single last one of the 2017 in blue with poverty screen and 19" ramz from another dealer. I don't know when they will get it so I haven't seen it. I test drove a red which looked pretty good too TBH.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote::fuckyeah:

DSGs are great, love em.

Color, pics?
More street cred then a CVT :trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This should put to bed the question of Golf R vs GTI performance differences, at least in a straight line comparison:

https://youtu.be/8O24OYNVJ_o

The car is bonkers. I can't wait to get it.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:jelly:

so, so :jelly:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wait, you bought a new car before you can give back the earth destroyer or...?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Also, Golf R >>>>>Civic anything. Fantastic choice.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's blue +100
DSG -1,000

:trollface:

Seriously doe, I'd love an S3 or GolfR, they look the business and are rightfully quick.
I did a pull with a MK7R on I-10 once.

:impressive:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Awesome dillerlady too for hooking up dat launch control! :jelly: of the new GoRf's.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Wait, you bought a new car before you can give back the earth destroyer or...?
Synchronized by diller. I drive in to VW and trade keys in a month. Loan takes effect then. It's the easiest transition ever.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote::jelly:

There's always the morning after buyers remorse. Spending that much extra on a DD is a bit ludacris.... but really I am super excited.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am
maxtdi wrote:

Ok because I cheaped out on the infotainment system (tech package for another 2k) I need to wait for them to ship the single last one of the 2017 in blue with poverty screen and 19" ramz from another dealer. I don't know when they will get it so I haven't seen it. I test drove a red which looked pretty good too TBH.
It's not necessarily the poverty screen. It's still the 6.5" screen just with no nav right?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote:

It's blue +100
DSG -1,000

:trollface:

Seriously doe, I'd love an S3 or GolfR, they look the business and are rightfully quick.
I did a pull with a MK7R on I-10 once.

:impressive:

The DSG was a no brainer for me, keeps the wife happy, better acceleration, amazing shifts, easy commutes and even if I'm -900 points I've got lots of reserve to work with. :trollface:

I can row in the C6 whenever I start to jones it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote::fuckyeah:

Awesome dillerlady too for hooking up dat launch control! :jelly: of the new GoRf's.
Yep, it's raises a brow, like what is the other dealer doing to my GoRf right now?? lol
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote::jelly:

There's always the morning after buyers remorse. Spending that much extra on a DD is a bit ludacris.... but really I am super excited.
eh, I'm all about that 2 car life, but IF I had to have only one, it would be very hard to not Golf R.
brain go brrrrrr
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Awesome congrats. Didn't you have a deposit down on a Type R or am I getting my Canadians confused?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:41 am Awesome congrats. Didn't you have a deposit down on a Type R or am I getting my Canadians confused?
He still does. Only way out and get the deposit back is if Type R is greater than $38k CAD.