Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice: review. Glad your :gorf: is treating you well.
My Mk6 was also a champ overall until 72k miles when it was murdered by motherfucking Stuart and his F150. It was also on it's original brakes, water pump, coils, PCV, timing chain/tensioner, etc. Nothing like the :doomed: shit you read on The Dead Zone.

My 7.5 is great and superior in many ways, but there are still some things that I prefer about the Mk6. I'll have to do a 6 month write up on the Blue Meanie to spell it all out, if anyone :whocares:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm :nice: review. Glad your :gorf: is treating you well.
My Mk6 was also a champ overall until 72k miles when it was murdered by motherfucking Stuart and his F150. It was also on it's original brakes, water pump, coils, PCV, timing chain/tensioner, etc. Nothing like the :doomed: shit you read on The Dead Zone.

My 7.5 is great and superior in many ways, but there are still some things that I prefer about the Mk6. I'll have to do a 6 month write up on the Blue Meanie to spell it all out, if anyone :whocares:
I am curious.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm :nice: review. Glad your :gorf: is treating you well.

I am curious.
:word:
Will :doit: when I get a chance.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 pm

I am curious.
I'll be looking forward to your update as well. Curious to get your impressions on the 7.5 vs 6. I do like the shoulder of the 6 in the rear quarter panel/door more and it is neat to see VW revive that profile on the Mark 8. I really appreciated my MK6 TDI for it's reliability and stout build quality. Everything else seems kind of evolutionary in a non-dramatic fashion. The 7 is slightly more analogous vs the 7.5, mainly in the dash and radio design, so there's that.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Really? My list of things I prefer about the MK6 stops after 1. the exterior styling, 2. the steering wheel, 3. the lights were slightly better.

I probably won't do a writeup on my MK7 until its exit interview ( :( ), but I can echo what was said a few posts up. These are fantastic cars.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yeah, I really only missed the steering wheel, the seats, the stock exhaust/muffler sound (more throaty/farty), and the wheels (although mine were not Detroit’s, so that’s not technically across the board).
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm
I'll be looking forward to your update as well. Curious to get your impressions on the 7.5 vs 6. I do like the shoulder of the 6 in the rear quarter panel/door more and it is neat to see VW revive that profile on the Mark 8. I really appreciated my MK6 TDI for it's reliability and stout build quality. Everything else seems kind of evolutionary in a non-dramatic fashion. The 7 is slightly more analogous vs the 7.5, mainly in the dash and radio design, so there's that.
I agree. That character line in the 6 was cool. I especially like how it wrapped into the tail light lenses. One of the things about the 6 that > the 7/7.5.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like my wheel, :iono: , to me this looks great!

wap

coogles wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:12 pm

Really? My list of things I prefer about the MK6 stops after 1. the exterior styling, 2. the steering wheel, 3. the lights were slightly better.

I probably won't do a writeup on my MK7 until its exit interview ( :( ), but I can echo what was said a few posts up. These are fantastic cars.
:yesth:
The last couple of posts all had things that were preferred in the 6 vs the 7/7.5.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm I like my wheel, :iono: , to me this looks great!

Current wheel isn’t bad, but mk6 wheel was better.

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:47 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm I like my wheel, :iono: , to me this looks great!

:hai:

Oh I see, the red stitching to compliment the :plaid: seats is a nice touch. The perf leather is definitely a worthy way of showing the owner every day that this is no ordinary beast. Veyron DDers, watch TF out bitchez.

I had the lowly TDI, no such love there!
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:47 am

:dat:
Totally agree. Perforated leather, red stitching, simpler buttons.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Snagged some piktars of the MK8 GTI. Lots of glossy slide and touch buttons on the steering wheel. Shifter with the :manuel: looks :nice: . From an Aussie review, not the best angles.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:56 am Snagged some piktars of the MK8 GTI. Lots of glossy slide and touch buttons on the steering wheel. Shifter with the :manuel: looks :nice: . From an Aussie review, not the best angles.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:56 am Snagged some piktars of the MK8 GTI. Lots of glossy slide and touch buttons on the steering wheel. Shifter with the :manuel: looks :nice: . From an Aussie review, not the best angles.

:yesth: :dat: :jackass:

He has a pretty good review of inside/outside/driving impressions. :notbad:
max225

Y’all hate on Matt also ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:55 pm Y’all hate on Matt also ?
Not me :bruh:

I call them all jackasses. I like Douggie and Mattie. :sissyfight:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Glad yours is holding up!

Have you had any signs of carbon build up yet?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm I feel the glossy plastic trim around the gauges is a swing and a miss. That bit of interior design definitely could've been executed better.

The rest doesn't seem bad though? :iono:

Seeing it in real pictures instead of renders and I think it looks much better. Still some things I'm not crazy about but :notbad: overall.

This :doe: :gag:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm Glad yours is holding up!

I feel like this is more of a city driving problem. So far so good, the car idles great, has full power on tap, and the only fluids it consumes is premium fuel.

How is your version two holding up? Any drama with it?

How are you guys liking the Rav?
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:56 pm

I feel like this is more of a city driving problem. So far so good, the car idles great, has full power on tap, and the only fluids it consumes is premium fuel.

A good ol' italian tune up every so often and a spirited driving session should keep carbon buildup to a normal level
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:like:

So far so good. Just had it's first oil change and another bleeder block installed. I'm pretty sure I need new winter ramz doe.

Rav has been solid. No issues as well there shouldn’t be.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:55 pm Y’all hate on Matt also ?
No hate here
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm

So far so good. Just had it's first oil change and another bleeder block installed. I'm pretty sure I need new winter ramz doe.

I'm pulling my ramz out of storage today. I've had three years with them so squeezing a fourth might be a stretch. :popcorn: on that expense.

Did you get a hybrid or base 2.5 engine in your Rav? How does the trans behave?
max225

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:24 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm

I'm pulling my ramz out of storage today. I've had three years with them so squeezing a fourth might be a stretch. :popcorn: on that expense.

Did you get a hybrid or base 2.5 engine in your Rav? How does the trans behave?
Just based on age or mileage ? Nothing wrong with 4 year old tires. 40... now that’s a bit of a stretch