Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Driving, valves disabled in open positio , windows closed...//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b103c1c527 ... 141345.mp4

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Windows closed, valves closed.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b10412f102 ... 143759.mp4

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The muffler is pretty loud at full throttle above 3k rpms, but below that it's pretty civilized. I needed to get the valves enabled again to keep it from being a complete gongshow. Here's another sound clip of normal driving.

I'm going to have to drive it a bit to see how i feel about keeping it this way.

All of this footage is taken in a part of the country where hand held devices are legal while driving... :disappoint: //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b1043b02fa ... 144327.mp4

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Maybe I'm deaf but I think they all sound pretty similar. :iono:

Potato mic's really don't seem to do a good job conveying the sound difference.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Here's a video I took over the weekend in race mode with soundacktor on and window cracked.

I don't know if you can see it but if not I'll upload to YouTube when I get home.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4tA2aWKFwLV3FRaF2

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:Maybe I'm deaf but I think they all sound pretty similar. :iono:

Potato mic's really don't seem to do a good job conveying the sound difference.
The mics don't work well at all.. valves fully open is loud AF now, DSG farts sometimes sound like gun shots under the right conditions. I'm not going to try any harder to post up new clips doe. Time will tell if the setup is too loud. For now I'm having fun with it and will keep it. If things are too loud I'll sell the res delete and throw on a remus resonator.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:Here's a video I took over the weekend in race mode with soundacktor on and window cracked.

I don't know if you can see it but if not I'll upload to YouTube when I get home.

That sounds pretty good, I'm guessing about 1.5 times louder and deeper then stock? How do you like it so far?

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote:Here's a video I took over the weekend in race mode with soundacktor on and window cracked.

That sounds pretty good, I'm guessing about 1.5 times louder and deeper then stock? How do you like it so far?

Sounds about right. One of these days I'll get an OBD11 so I can disable the soundaktor.

I like it. Still curious about how it sounds on a drive by. For the price it's unbeatable.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote:That sounds pretty good, I'm guessing about 1.5 times louder and deeper then stock? How do you like it so far?

Sounds about right. One of these days I'll get an OBD11 so I can disable the soundaktor.

I like it. Still curious about how it sounds on a drive by. For the price it's unbeatable.

The car has really good soundproofing, it's probably louder on the sidewalk then in the driver's seat.

If you want to the the car out without the soundaktor just unplug it. Takes like 5 minutes.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:55 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:

The car has really good soundproofing, it's probably louder on the sidewalk then in the driver's seat.

If you want to the the car out without the soundaktor just unplug it. Takes like 5 minutes.

Yup. It's almost too refined.

I guess I can do that to try but I'll still need an OBD11 eventually for coding. Did you find any good OBD11 threads for :gorf:?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:55 pm The car has really good soundproofing, it's probably louder on the sidewalk then in the driver's seat.

Yup. It's almost too refined.

I guess I can do that to try but I'll still need an OBD11 eventually for coding. Did you find any good OBD11 threads for :gorf:?
I personally look stuff up with google searches, a lot of them point to vortex, youtube and mk7. You can pretty much find whatever you need; Get the pro version because most of the coding I found is done with hex changes (long coding) and you only get access with the OBD11 pro license. Guys buy credits or whatever and use add on apps but i personally don't have patience for :dat: . Failed attempts eat precious credits that you either pay for anyways or sit through long-ass adds for. Overall Pro versions are under a hundred bucks.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So the exhaust and res delete is pretty cool. If I'm just derping around and shift early it is quiet and comfortable. I was a little worried about not being able to drive the car without it ripping my ears off. Best of both worlds.... probably leaning a bit on the side of a little too loud above 3k.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:11 pm
dubshow wrote:
In for sound review. I need to disable my exhuast baffles for :science:

It gets a tad louder in race mode. Do your remus use the factory wiring for the electric baffles?
The tinkering is fun, :doit:

So the remus comes with its own valves anf mounting plates, just remove the solenoid from the old exhaust and fasten it to the new one. The position of the valves makes that part of the install super easy.

I turned off the baffles. WOW. Much louder. And has drone at 3k rpm up to 4k. I will probably turn the electric baffle back on... :wap:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:11 pm The tinkering is fun, :doit:

So the remus comes with its own valves anf mounting plates, just remove the solenoid from the old exhaust and fasten it to the new one. The position of the valves makes that part of the install super easy.

I turned off the baffles. WOW. Much louder. And has drone at 3k rpm up to 4k. I will probably turn the electric baffle back on... :wap:
There was some low rpm drone in 1st and second off throttle LOL. There's a reason for all of :dat: valve action.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm I got to put the car to the test today and everything feels really good :stig: . :wub: this car!

Just in time for awesome long term weather. Windows down I'm really enjoying the noises and plan to pick up an OBDEleven dongle this weekend so I'll be setting those valves full open for MOAR braps.
I has vagcom. I REALLY should go tinker. I can't believe the 18 doesnt have hillassist as a default opion box...

OR the window roll down. I mean, come on. You can remote roll down windows since like 2005.
I hated that hill hold assist on my GayTI. Such brakes fighting.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I've got a quick second to update here and I have an imgur acct now so I can update pics.

The car is seriously 5/7. No issues to report since the kessy sensor replacement which was the only real out of factory failing component.

45000+ kms to date
Typ extended period mpg avg is 27.4mpg(US)

Winters go on once I'm healed but for now the conti summer tars do well even when its 39 degrees out, and things are looking like they will be back up in the 60s soon.

The car is very well mannered, and makes for a perfect DD aside from the DSG's top gear being a little to low for my taste. In fact a really good 60 to ?? mph should really be started in the low to mid 50s so third gear can set up 4th gear better, otherwise you find yourself slightly too low in 4th gear to really get the most out of the car. Besides That, I'm very very pleased with my decision to get an R. I'd be bored with most things and scheming up ways to :plac: by now. This is a bigger outlay but worth it from that standpoint. The interior is amazing, i can't complain about it at all, the look and feel of most surfaces are great above thigh height. No sunroof has been a pleasure all summer, and so have the CR70 film on all glass including the windshield. The PPF SAVED my hood and front headlight, and my only regret is that I didn't go all the way up the hood. Trucks drop way too much gravel into the highways that I frequent and i cringe when I hear a half inch meteor crack my sheet metal and windshield, which miraculously stayed unbroken to date.

Exhaust note with the res delete and remus exhaust is amazing! I recommend it, but should habe gotten black tips since they go that colour quite often. The DSG darts are pretty loud and the car bellows as it races to red line. :fuckyeah: :gorf:

Some general pics:

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Please show up when zilhuge or [user not found] hosts a gathering, so i can hear it
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:megusta:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I wish I could get 27mpg. Combined I'm getting about 22-23.

What rpm is the dsg at around 70-80 on the highway? I can never break 30mpg although I'm sure the roof rack takes away 1 or 2.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:56 pm I wish I could get 27mpg. Combined I'm getting about 22-23.

What rpm is the dsg at around 70-80 on the highway? I can never break 30mpg although I'm sure the roof rack takes away 1 or 2.

Even with a fairing on, the roof rack on my GTI would drop me an easy 5mpg.. it was crazy. Blows my mind that people roll around with them 24/7 just for "scene points".
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:56 pm I wish I could get 27mpg. Combined I'm getting about 22-23.

Even with a fairing on, the roof rack on my GTI would drop me an easy 5mpg.. it was crazy. Blows my mind that people roll around with them 24/7 just for "scene points".
Dang that's crazy. I didn't think it was that much but maybe it is. I can't wait to take mine off when biking is over.

I never understood the scene point thing either. Not only does it lessen mpg, it's very noisy on the highway.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It's definitely :notbad: overall. Lots of long distance driving on my end that plays a part.

Here's the EP breakdown screen:

I see 70mph @ 2700rpm and 80 @ 3050rpm and usually freeway at 75 which is about 2900 rpm which I find keeps me under the drone.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: update. Glad you're still enjoying it so much.
:megusta: :gorf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm Please show up when zilhuge or [user not found] hosts a gathering, so i can hear it
Keep me in the loop, I'd love to go!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:33 pm :fuckyeah: update. Glad you're still enjoying it so much.
:megusta: :gorf:
:fuckyeah: it's been a blast thus far.