Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:02 pm I would be very wary of Konig. I had a set of rams from them years ago and they bent and went out of center. Maybe they are better now.
The flowformed line should be. I'd run from anything gravity or low-pressure cast unless it's from someone like BBS where they just use more material to make up for the weaker casting process.
According to tire rack my enkei's are flow formed. That's one of the reasons I went with them. I do like the Konigs though but that's probably a lateral move. The BBS SR isn't bad but I like I said, I really don't want to deal with hub rings and stuff. Especially since the BBS ones use metal centering rings and clips. Probably a nightmare in winter. And they're also only low pressure cast according to tire rack.
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm
Aren't these the "winter" setup? I'd honestly just find some stock forum rejects for under $800... Wouldn't spend $1200 on ramz alone for winter use.

Also Neuspeed for a while had peeling clear coat issues. Why the fuck do I know this shit. Might want to look into it and see if that's been corrected.

If you're spending big money get Prodrives :megusta:
These are my winter wheels. It sucks to find takeoffs cause all the OEM VW wheels are :gag: aside from the pretorias.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:00 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm

The flowformed line should be. I'd run from anything gravity or low-pressure cast unless it's from someone like BBS where they just use more material to make up for the weaker casting process.
According to tire rack my enkei's are flow formed. That's one of the reasons I went with them. I do like the Konigs though but that's probably a lateral move. The BBS SR isn't bad but I like I said, I really don't want to deal with hub rings and stuff. Especially since the BBS ones use metal centering rings and clips. Probably a nightmare in winter. And they're also only low pressure cast according to tire rack.
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm
Aren't these the "winter" setup? I'd honestly just find some stock forum rejects for under $800... Wouldn't spend $1200 on ramz alone for winter use.

Also Neuspeed for a while had peeling clear coat issues. Why the fuck do I know this shit. Might want to look into it and see if that's been corrected.

If you're spending big money get Prodrives :megusta:
These are my winter wheels. It sucks to find takeoffs cause all the OEM VW wheels are :gag: aside from the pretorias.
Many dangs. My winters have plastic hub rings from tire rack they work fine.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:14 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:00 pm

They work fine it's just more or less the hassle. They were stuck on the hub last winter when I took them off so I had to break them off and buy new ones.

By trying to keep shit as simple as possible I'm just creating more headaches.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 pm

They work fine it's just more or less the hassle. They were stuck on the hub last winter when I took them off so I had to break them off and buy new ones.

Ah. Yeah that's rather balls.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Quick :gorf: update for today after a diller visit.

First. Got an oil change sample which will be sent to Blackstone. I anticipate them saying the oil will be fine for 10k changes.

Second is in regards to my steering wheel vibration at highway speeds. They said all 4 of my ramz are bent so when I checked for myself I saw that the rears were worse and the fronts are very slight. They want $150 per wheel to straighten so that's $600. These enkei's are only $230 each so now I'm kind of thinking I have 3 options. Pay and get them all straightened, dump the worst ones and buy a couple new ones, or dump them altogether and go for the 18" Pretoria's.

The diller also confirmed what I suspected in regards to my alignment. The independent shop I took it to didn't in fact align the car. They just took my $100 and said I'm within spec and while I am, it's just barely. Of course the diller wants to do the recalibration for $500+ so I'm all :nope:. When I said that he mentioned I'd have to sign a waiver if I got an alignment without calibration. :dafuq:. I'll call around to other dillers. Do I really want to sign a waiver for something like this?

As far as the creaky struts go, they were unable to replicate it but at least I have it documented now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
If the system is working fine now with it being “just” in spec, the system will work fine when it’s balls on in spec.

Unless they crank it so far out of spec, go drive it 20-30 miles until it throws a fault, then align it back to spec.

If the calibration is out, it’s going to throw an ACC fault.

I work Saturday 2/16. I can do your alignment for $150 (we usually charge $279).
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Be like Rudy:

Get 17" Denvers and /bread.

I just sold my TR Motorsport wheels (Tire Rack generic brand mfd by Enkei) and am donezo with the hub rings and bolts and whatever :bs:

Gonna keep the Denver's and just :aintcare:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 pm

Be like Rudy:

I just sold my TR Motorsport wheels (Tire Rack generic brand mfd by Enkei) and am donezo with the hub rings and bolts and whatever :bs:

:dat: I'm loving OEM fitment even though my 17 winter set isn't technically a VW wheel.

They made a decent multispoke Jetta wheel that looks decent as a winter wheel, and I like the far 5 star borbet? vw wheel quite a bit too. Something to be said about factory wheels over a longer timeframe.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm
If the system is working fine now with it being “just” in spec, the system will work fine when it’s balls on in spec.

Unless they crank it so far out of spec, go drive it 20-30 miles until it throws a fault, then align it back to spec.

I work Saturday 2/16. I can do your alignment for $150 (we usually charge $279).
:like: Although I'm gonna wait till spring to get it done.

Be like Rudy:

That would mean new tars too. My michelins still have plenty of life left.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 am
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Be like Rudy:

Well, once the tars go down, you know wut to do.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 am

:bruh: They're at 8/32. Still practically new.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am

:bruh: They're at 8/32. Still practically new.
:yeahok: if you’re cool with killing nuns and children.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Maybe I'll use my tax return for some new ramz.

Yay! Cold start misfire is back. Now I gotta drive around with the CEL on until I can get it to the dealer next weekend. And of course VW won't provide a loaner so I can't drop it off after work one day this week. I wish Thompson still had a VW diller. :(

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:24 am Maybe I'll use my tax return for some new ramz.

Yay! Cold start misfire is back. Now I gotta drive around with the CEL on until I can get it to the dealer next weekend. And of course VW won't provide a loaner so I can't drop it off after work one day this week. I wish Thompson still had a VW diller. :(

https://main-line.porschedealer.com/new ... 83KS278414

Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:43 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:24 am Maybe I'll use my tax return for some new ramz.

:notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Yes please. :heavybreathing:

Browsing their used section though and the transmission list is :impressive:

Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am

Dang.

Also, you sure you're getting money back this year? :thankstrump:
My return went up a couple hundo this year.
:crotchfruit: is claimed on wifey's taxes.
Johnny_P

:rage: sorry man
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am

Dang.

Also, you sure you're getting money back this year? :thankstrump:
That's right. I probably won't. Government is going to shut down again in a week or so. :thankstrump:

I feel like I bend over backwards trying to get this car to the dealer but they never throw me a fuckin bone. VW won't cover a loaner? So YOU cover the loaner for a day. Bringing a $40k car in for warranty work and this is what I deal with. Am I being unreasonable?

As much as I don't want to, I might call VW langhorne. They do loaners and I'd probably be able to drop it off in the morning and pick it up after work. That is if they know what the issue is. I don't know how good they are.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

This dealership just hires a bunch of degenerates. :notsure:
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:00 pm
:fax:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:
When I come in for an alignment will my :gorf: be blessed with the reliability of a Porsche just by being in their presence?

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:00 pm
Pretty sure there's one guy there that's worth a damn. That might be it though.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:56 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
When I come in for an alignment will my :gorf: be blessed with the reliability of a Porsche just by being in their presence?

Possible. It will almost certainly be blessed with driveway scrape on the front bumper. :hubba: