Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 am
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm

What would you replace it with ?

I would wait to see if injectors fixed your CE.
Used S3 or S4. Maybe a fakesport. Another :gorf: is :fullretard: and pure :plac: but I'd consider it to cut ties with this one. I'm sorta open to a DSGay/automatics but I've gotta remember DSGay is probably no PDK.

Anyone who looks at the car :fax: on my :gorf: would be all :nope: . Trade in lists it at about 27-8 but then you factor in the "minor" accident. I owe about 13k on it so I've got lots of :plac: profit. OR just keep it since it'll never fully depreciate like a GTI and just wait for something else in 2 years like a Mk8 R.

This is all dependent upon the injectors actually fixing the misfire CEL.
I'd try to negotiate with the dealer doing your work and VW and see if you can get a subsidized deal on a new R now. Play the whole "no faith" thing with your car, but you want to stay in the brand and see what they say.

Otherwise I would probably try to tough it out and get a mk8, or pony up more money and get something else, but everything else is going to cost more.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm

What would you replace it with ?

I would wait to see if injectors fixed your CE.
Used S3 or S4. Maybe a fakesport. Another :gorf: is :fullretard: and pure :plac: but I'd consider it to cut ties with this one. I'm sorta open to a DSGay/automatics but I've gotta remember DSGay is probably no PDK.

Anyone who looks at the car :fax: on my :gorf: would be all :nope: . Trade in lists it at about 27-8 but then you factor in the "minor" accident. I owe about 13k on it so I've got lots of :plac: profit. OR just keep it since it'll never fully depreciate like a GTI and just wait for something else in 2 years like a Mk8 R.

I dunno man s3 is :fullretard: imo as it’s literally the same car that is just less practical. S4 for the new gen is nice but it’s also quite pricy and I would probably avoid the first model year making it even more pricy.

Mk8 R sounds like the best bet honestly. Also don’t forget shit like injectors are covered by a longer emissions warranty. I wouldn’t worry too much about the ce.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 am Used S3 or S4. Maybe a fakesport. Another :gorf: is :fullretard: and pure :plac: but I'd consider it to cut ties with this one. I'm sorta open to a DSGay/automatics but I've gotta remember DSGay is probably no PDK.

I'd try to negotiate with the dealer doing your work and VW and see if you can get a subsidized deal on a new R now. Play the whole "no faith" thing with your car, but you want to stay in the brand and see what they say.

Otherwise I would probably try to tough it out and get a mk8, or pony up more money and get something else, but everything else is going to cost more.
I browsed around their lot while I was there and they only had a white manual parked under a tree that was absolutely corroded. Since it's dead for 2020 I doubt they'd be able to get one I want.

I do have a 6 year b2b warranty on this one too so it makes sense to hold out. Unfortunately it's a third party warranty though and not the VW one.
max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 am Used S3 or S4. Maybe a fakesport. Another :gorf: is :fullretard: and pure :plac: but I'd consider it to cut ties with this one. I'm sorta open to a DSGay/automatics but I've gotta remember DSGay is probably no PDK.

I dunno man s3 is :fullretard: imo as it’s literally the same car that is just less practical. S4 for the new gen is nice but it’s also quite pricy and I would probably avoid the first model year making it even more pricy.

Mk8 R sounds like the best bet honestly. Also don’t forget shit like injectors are covered by a longer emissions warranty. I wouldn’t worry too much about the ce.
S3 or S4 would have to be used along with any of the other "premium" German brands.

Hopefully the Mk8 R is as good as rumors suggest it will be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I browsed around their lot while I was there and they only had a white manual parked under a tree that was absolutely corroded. Since it's dead for 2020 I doubt they'd be able to get one I want.

I do have a 6 year b2b warranty on this one too so it makes sense to hold out. Unfortunately it's a third party warranty though and not the VW one.
You never know. I was told by 2 dealers this last month that VW requires dealers to do trades if they can sell the car. They can probably find you what you want in good condition from another dealer.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 am I browsed around their lot while I was there and they only had a white manual parked under a tree that was absolutely corroded. Since it's dead for 2020 I doubt they'd be able to get one I want.

You never know. I was told by 2 dealers this last month that VW requires dealers to do trades if they can sell the car. They can probably find you what you want in good condition from another dealer.
Interesting. When I was initially looking for mine, before they got the blue manual in, they told me dealers won't trade R's and what was on their lot is what I could pick from.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dillerman: lightened my wallet by $675. Oil change, haldex service, brake fluid flush, and inspection/emissions. That's another partial vacation for my service advisor.

I took a look at the haldex pump and the filter didn't have much crud on it but the fluid was fairly dirty so I guess it was worth it.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:30 pm :dillerman: lightened my wallet by $675. Oil change, haldex service, brake fluid flush, and inspection/emissions. That's another partial vacation for my service advisor.

I took a look at the haldex pump and the filter didn't have much crud on it but the fluid was fairly dirty so I guess it was worth it.
Not terrible of a price ...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:30 pm :dillerman: lightened my wallet by $675. Oil change, haldex service, brake fluid flush, and inspection/emissions. That's another partial vacation for my service advisor.

The clutch bleed was an additional fee on top of the brake fluid flush. Is that normal?

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 pm
max225 wrote:
The clutch bleed was an additional fee on top of the brake fluid flush. Is that normal?

Depends on procedure ...
Does the R have separate fluid reservoirs for each ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Weird I’ve never seen a car with one brake fluid reservoir for the brakes and clutch :mindblown:

I would think them being separate line items is normal.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:43 am

My experience with VW customer service was not too great when I had my car down for 7 weeks for a steering rack. By the end of it, their offer of compensation was an free oil change. They didn’t care, because I was caught in the fine print just outside of State lemon law while still under warranty.

As long as the service department is doing what corporate technical assistance is telling them to do, the dealer has no skin in the game other than customer satisfaction... the buyback process is all on corporate.

A mass market brand dealer bringing in a specialty model on a special order or dealer trade just to make zero money on the deal? Why bother when they can make as much/more from Joe Blow walking in to trade his focus for a Tiguan or base Jetta.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Weird I’ve never seen a car with one brake fluid reservoir for the brakes and clutch :mindblown:

I would think them being separate line items is normal.
It's common enough, the fluid is the same. IIRC the vibe and MR2 were like that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Want a Subaru? :hubba:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:48 am Want a Subaru? :hubba:
:yesth:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Image Had to say I was happy with it.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:56 pm Image Had to say I was happy with it.

Totaled.

Want a Prius?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:

Totaled.

Want a Prius?
I probably should get one.

At this rate what can VW do now? Already did carbon clean and new injectors.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
Totaled.

Want a Prius?
I probably should get one.

"Check Engine is life"

"It's a VW thing, you wouldn't understand"

"The light unifies us all"

👍

I'm surprised that they don't just change the limits on the error tolerances and call it a day, the DSG holds down the rpms a bit preventing BS faults so its definitely an arbitrary error.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm I probably should get one.

"Check Engine is life"

"It's a VW thing, you wouldn't understand"

"The light unifies us all"

I'm surprised that they don't just change the limits on the error tolerances and call it a day, the DSG holds down the rpms a bit preventing BS faults so its definitely an arbitrary error.
Curious to see what the :dillerman: says tomorrow. The whole thing is :fullretard:

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh man :rage: :sad:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Drop it off at the dealer. Call VW and tell them you want the car bought back or replaced.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:Drop it off at the dealer. Call VW and tell them you want the car bought back or replaced.
Left a message for the VW rep who handled the case. We'll see if he gets back to me.

:popcorn:

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:doomed:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 am
fledonfoot wrote:Drop it off at the dealer. Call VW and tell them you want the car bought back or replaced.
Left a message for the VW rep who handled the case. We'll see if he gets back to me.

:popcorn:

If they decline, ask them what happens when you have a vehicle out of warranty that still won’t pass an annual emissions test in your state. If it keeps failing while under warranty, why should there be an end point to VW’s coverage and it then becomes your responsibility, when it’s quite obvious that VW can’t fix it.

If they still push back, consult a lawyer.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

at how many miles?