Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:30 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 am

:dat: Jetta > any Nissan that isn't a GTR or Z honestly :sad:
I was somewhat recently in a new maxima uber. How the mighty have fallen. That used to be a great car, now it's a complete turd.
That four door sports car was :neat: in like 1998. I saw one with a :manuel: at the US National Whitewater Center where I MTN bike recently with a sick :boxodicks: on the back and it was :jimp:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I was somewhat recently in a new maxima uber. How the mighty have fallen. That used to be a great car, now it's a complete turd.
Yea Nissan has been dead thanks to Ghosn hooker private jet parties. That man destroyed a once great car company
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:33 am

That four door sports car was :neat: in like 1998. I saw one with a :manuel: at the US National Whitewater Center where I MTN bike recently with a sick :boxodicks: on the back and it was :jimp:
1991 yo!

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:17 am Aaaaand now I'm in a poverty Jetta down here in Atlanta. Rubber steering wheel and all.

It was either poverty Jetta or a Sentra. I'll still take Jetta every time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Porsche experience was totally :fuckyeah:

More later. Still doing touristy stuff.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Oh dang!

I got to hoon a GT3@ NOLA.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:20 pm Porsche experience was totally :fuckyeah:

in LA?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:25 pm Oh dang!

I got to hoon a GT3@ NOLA.

Nice! There was an instructor warming up a GT3 RS while I was out there. That car is insanity.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:28 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:20 pm Porsche experience was totally :fuckyeah:

in LA?
ATL
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So the Porsche driving experience was absolutely :fuckyeah: and if anyone ever gets a chance to do it you definitely should. You're behind the wheel the whole time and once it's over your instructor will take you for a couple of hot laps. I opted for a regular C2S with PDK over a Carrera T with a :manuel: since the track is so short there'd only be 1 gear change from 2-3. There are 5 elements to do and my instructor tried to keep me moving at all times. There's the circuit, dynamics area, kick plate, wet drift circle, and the go kart track.

Circuit - It's a relatively short 1 mile circuit but still very fun. I think on the back straight I was around 100 before the braking zone. Fun since I've never driven on a road course before.

Dynamics Area - This is where you do acceleration runs and the slalom. The instructor changes settings on car and I could really feel the difference between modes, especially when it came to the rear axle steer in the slalom. And launch control with PDK is :muah: . Zero brake fade in multiple 90-0 stops in this area. Cars were on steel rotors with ceramic pads.

Kick Plate - Pretty cool experience. It's meant to simulate black ice. It's a wet surface that you drive towards at about 25mph and the kick plate will send the car to either side at random. Obviously the goal is to not spin and countersteer back on track.

Wet Drift circle - Exactly what it sounds like. The goals is to do donuts around the wet circle. At my best I was able to hold the drift about halfway through the circle before losing it and spinning.

Go Kart Track - It's also what it sounds like. A very short track but it's polished concrete so grip is very minimal.

PDK - I'm a believer. That transmission is fucking :amazing:

Pic dump when I get near my laptop since Tapatalk blows.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:gorf: update: Dropping it off Monday afternoon and they're going to replace all 4 fuel injectors on Tuesday. Apparently there was one other case where it fixed the issue and from what I understand this is the last repair option.

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:51 pm :gorf: update: Dropping it off Monday afternoon and they're going to replace all 4 fuel injectors on Tuesday. Apparently there was one other case where it fixed the issue and from what I understand this is the last repair option.

Hopefully it’ll do the trick. Do they have the parts or are ona sail boat from Wolfsburg
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:47 pm So the Porsche driving experience was absolutely :fuckyeah: and if anyone ever gets a chance to do it you definitely should. You're behind the wheel the whole time and once it's over your instructor will take you for a couple of hot laps. I opted for a regular C2S with PDK over a Carrera T with a :manuel: since the track is so short there'd only be 1 gear change from 2-3. There are 5 elements to do and my instructor tried to keep me moving at all times. There's the circuit, dynamics area, kick plate, wet drift circle, and the go kart track.

Circuit - It's a relatively short 1 mile circuit but still very fun. I think on the back straight I was around 100 before the braking zone. Fun since I've never driven on a road course before.

Dynamics Area - This is where you do acceleration runs and the slalom. The instructor changes settings on car and I could really feel the difference between modes, especially when it came to the rear axle steer in the slalom. And launch control with PDK is :muah: . Zero brake fade in multiple 90-0 stops in this area. Cars were on steel rotors with ceramic pads.

Kick Plate - Pretty cool experience. It's meant to simulate black ice. It's a wet surface that you drive towards at about 25mph and the kick plate will send the car to either side at random. Obviously the goal is to not spin and countersteer back on track.

Wet Drift circle - Exactly what it sounds like. The goals is to do donuts around the wet circle. At my best I was able to hold the drift about halfway through the circle before losing it and spinning.

Go Kart Track - It's also what it sounds like. A very short track but it's polished concrete so grip is very minimal.

How much seat time did you have in the cars? Actual driving that is.

Also what’s better in the pdk vs dsgay? Curious
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:51 pm :gorf: update: Dropping it off Monday afternoon and they're going to replace all 4 fuel injectors on Tuesday. Apparently there was one other case where it fixed the issue and from what I understand this is the last repair option.

Hopefully it’ll do the trick. Do they have the parts or are ona sail boat from Wolfsburg
:dillerman: said he's gonna order the injectors now so they should have them before my appointment on Tuesday. He's going to let me know if they get shipped on a sail boat.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:47 pm So the Porsche driving experience was absolutely :fuckyeah: and if anyone ever gets a chance to do it you definitely should. You're behind the wheel the whole time and once it's over your instructor will take you for a couple of hot laps. I opted for a regular C2S with PDK over a Carrera T with a :manuel: since the track is so short there'd only be 1 gear change from 2-3. There are 5 elements to do and my instructor tried to keep me moving at all times. There's the circuit, dynamics area, kick plate, wet drift circle, and the go kart track.

How much seat time did you have in the cars? Actual driving that is.

Also what’s better in the pdk vs dsgay? Curious
You're in the car driving the full 90 minutes.

I don't really have a lot of drive time with DSGay but PDK is definitely faster. Knows exactly what to do around a track in auto mode albeit I changed it to manual mode and used the paddles the majority of the time. Can launch it repeatedly with zero issues.

I didn't like when GT3 RS' went PDK exclusive but after driving one on track I definitely get it. It's damn good.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Yeah, I really love my PDK.

Just went to drop my watch off for service and drove the GTS for about 2 hours on some back roads and had a blast.

Also, just FYI, the Golf R is pretty damned awesome so far.. better than the MK6 for sure.

Hope your car gets sorted out!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

added :dat: to the bucket list. One more reason why I wanna visit ATL.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Yeah, I really love my PDK.

Just went to drop my watch off for service and drove the GTS for about 2 hours on some back roads and had a blast.

Also, just FYI, the Golf R is pretty damned awesome so far.. better than the MK6 for sure.

It's really great. I'm a :manuel: guy for sure but PDK is special. You should definitely check out the place in LA. I'm sure it's a riot. Does yours have rear axle steer?

Glad you're liking it. Even in my Mk7 I thought it was a night and day difference between the Mk6. Are you going to mod the R at all?

Last edited by Gberg2119 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm

It's really great. I'm a :manuel: guy for sure but PDK is special. You should definitely check out the place in LA. I'm sure it's a riot.

Glad you're liking it. Even in my Mk7 I thought it was a night and day difference between the Mk6. Are you going to mod the R at all?

:narc: went there, but I don't recall if he actually :stig:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm

It's really great. I'm a :manuel: guy for sure but PDK is special. You should definitely check out the place in LA. I'm sure it's a riot.

If I ever order a Porsche I will do the PEC delivery.

Right now I have ordered a short shifter, shifter bushings and a clutch stop. I am stopping there for now as if I did anything for power everyone says you will need a clutch. Not interested in doing that right away.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm It's really great. I'm a :manuel: guy for sure but PDK is special. You should definitely check out the place in LA. I'm sure it's a riot.

Right now I have ordered a short shifter, shifter bushings and a clutch stop. I am stopping there for now as if I did anything for power everyone says you will need a clutch. Not interested in doing that right away.
Nice. Once you add power to these a clutch is needed almost immediately. I was talking to another R owner last week who went right to stage 2 and he said slippage was immediate. And his car only has 11k miles and is his weekend car. Can't get away with it like you could in the Mk6

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Nice. Once you add power to these a clutch is needed almost immediately. I was talking to another R owner last week who went right to stage 2 and he said slippage was immediate. And his car only has 11k miles and is his weekend car. Can't get away with it like you could in the Mk6

Didn’t the mk6 have the exact same clutch issues ? I mean come on people engineers designed the clutch for 300hp, anything more than that is going to cause issues with cooling, oil life, blowby, spark plugs and coils etc etc. no “free gainz” due to stupid engineers. Most tuning companies are a joke compared to oems...
max225

Also if the golf r is a weekend car what is the weekday car ?
Last edited by max225 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Didn’t the mk6 have the exact same clutch issues ? I mean come on people engineers designed the clutch for 300hp, anything more than that is going to cause issues with cooling, oil life, blowby, spark plugs and coils etc etc. no “free gainz” due to stupid engineers. Most tuning companies are a joke compared to oems...
Mine did....immediate slippage under Stage 1 powah.....
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:43 pm

My GTI lasted up to stage 2 okay and only slipped a little.

My Golf R was stage 2+ (stage 2 + HPFP) and didn't slip. I must have been lucky.