Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

They're fun to look at, listen to, and road trip in due to comfort. Great cars but I think based on what GBerg likes about the :gorf: , it would be a step in the :wrong: direction.

:popcorn: for some test drives :doe:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:They're fun to look at, listen to, and road trip in due to comfort. Great cars but I think based on what GBerg likes about the :gorf: , it would be a step in the :wrong: direction.

Dunno, seems like a set of sway bars and tarz away from being on par with the other 4000 lb V8 behemoths to me. :wrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am
D Griff wrote:They're fun to look at, listen to, and road trip in due to comfort. Great cars but I think based on what GBerg likes about the :gorf: , it would be a step in the :wrong: direction.

Dunno, seems like a set of sway bars and tarz away from being on par with the other 4000 lb V8 behemoths to me. :wrong:
Mustang:
Curb weight: 3,532 to 3,825 lbs

Charger:
Curb weight: 3,964 to 4,586 lbs

So 400-500 pounds heavier across the board, yuge, no :manuel:

I like them, but they drive LARGE.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 am They're fun to look at, listen to, and road trip in due to comfort. Great cars but I think based on what GBerg likes about the :gorf: , it would be a step in the :wrong: direction.

After driving the v6, I can definitely conclude that as :nope: to any charger as an only car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I've already test driven Moostang GT, Camaro SS and Challenger RT back when I was looking for this first R. The Camaro was definitely my favorite but those cars just aren't practical. Except for maybe the chally but it's just so damn big. And all of them would pretty much tank in value after 2 years.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:17 pm I've already test driven Moostang GT, Camaro SS and Challenger RT back when I was looking for this first R. The Camaro was definitely my favorite but those cars just aren't practical. Except for maybe the chally but it's just so damn big. And all of them would pretty much tank in value after 2 years.
Yeah I mean you gotta ask what you use the car for. If it’s hauling stuff then the sports coupes are a tough pick. But if you’re like me and only used the hatch 3x in the cars life then :iono: you can likely use the wifemobile for trips or hauling.

We are just saying it’s a possibility is all 😀
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I will say this. It's terribly disappointing this misfire CEL can't be fixed. Because gberg's car is as close to the ideal "one car to do it all" that you can possibly get. Its quick, handles great, rides pretty nicely, sounds pretty good, and allows you to disconnect from the drive if/when you want to.

Hope you find a great replacement, man. I think you're heading down the right road.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:51 pm I will say this. It's terribly disappointing this misfire CEL can't be fixed. Because gberg's car is as close to the ideal "one car to do it all" that you can possibly get. Its quick, handles great, rides pretty nicely, sounds pretty good, and allows you to disconnect from the drive if/when you want to.

Hope you find a great replacement, man. I think you're heading down the right road.
Right? It's really a struggle to quit it since it does everything well.

VW has been taking care of me which is nice and unexpected. Hopefully I hear back from them this week.