Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm VW is still working on the issue and has to approve the ECM update. Once VW approves, it goes through EPA approval which could take several months. Short term solution is to just clear the codes until the eventual TSB comes out.

:notsure: how I feel about that.
:wtf:
:thisisfine:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:08 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm VW is still working on the issue and has to approve the ECM update. Once VW approves, it goes through EPA approval which could take several months. Short term solution is to just clear the codes until the eventual TSB comes out.

So literally drive off with a CEL :thisisfine: ?

Pretty much. :disappoint:

I wonder if it'll still be on when I get it tonight. :lolol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm

:sad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

In 4 updates.
I need to take my car in for DSG service. I'm 4k overdue. :doomed:
Also, I'm not sure if it's from the rock incident but my car leaks washer fluid. It went low so I refilled it and could see the level has dropped significantly and a puddle formed under the reservoir. I could see it becoming a point of contention. Nothing as annoying as a check engine light :doe:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:20 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm

:sad:
Yep so not just BMW playing shit service games. Time to get an Alfa or Chevy Volt. Apparently, those are RR level service experiences.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:In 4 updates.
Also, I'm not sure if it's from the rock incident but my car leaks washer fluid. It went low so I refilled it and could see the level has dropped significantly and a puddle formed under the reservoir. I could see it becoming a point of contention. Nothing as annoying as a check engine light :doe:
If it were from the rock you probably would've noticed it then or the body shop would've too. The reservoir does sit pretty low as I remember seeing it when checking the sway bar end links for coogs.

But as far as the CEL goes, I'm pretty much SoL until the next TSB. The engineer was saying the most misfires occur during a somewhat warm start up. So I get to work at 8, go out to lunch around 12, and that's when it happens because it's not totally cold by then. I told them I usually always let it go through the warm up cycle when leaving but the engineer said to blip the throttle immediately after I start it to try and prevent the CEL.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm
If it were from the rock you probably would've noticed it then or the body shop would've too. The reservoir does sit pretty low as I remember seeing it when checking the sway bar end links for coogs.

But as far as the CEL goes, I'm pretty much SoL until the next TSB. The engineer was saying the most misfires occur during a somewhat warm start up. So I get to work at 8, go out to lunch around 12, and that's when it happens because it's not totally cold by then. I told them I usually always let it go through the warm up cycle when leaving but the engineer said to blip the throttle immediately after I start it to try and prevent the CEL.

So they just threw up their hands and are not even throwing injectors at it? My :mk6: was showing the exact same symptoms as your :gorf: injectors and carbon cleaning solved it.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Why is the EPFuckingA involved? :triggered:
max225

Get a lawyer and document everything. VW has to make it right or give you a replacement vehicle or a full refund while it is under warranty. It is the law
Johnny_P

man this is some shit...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Why is the EPFuckingA involved? :triggered:
Apparently it's a common enough issue on 2017's that they're working on a fix. I don't know what the 2017 production numbers were but it couldn't be more than a few thousand. Then factor in which cars are having issues and it's probably only a few hundred. I tried asking around on vortex and mk7 but nobody else seems to have issues.

Engineer also mentioned it seems to effect :manuel: cars more. No idea why transmission matters here. Probably just a fluke stat.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Get a lawyer and document everything. VW has to make it right or give you a replacement vehicle or a full refund while it is under warranty. It is the law
:iono: I mean they said a fix is coming. What can I really do? I have all the service records.

Demand TT-RS?
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 am
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm

:iono: I mean they said a fix is coming. What can I really do? I have all the service records.

Demand TT-RS?
Your vehicle is not compliant to us emissions. Which means they are obligated to fix or give you your money back or a replacement vehicle of equal value. Not a TTRS. They can however put you into a loaner until you get a fix. You’re not legally obligated to drive your car. I would call VW Corp.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:06 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 am

Demand TT-RS?
Your vehicle is not compliant to us emissions. Which means they are obligated to fix or give you your money back or a replacement vehicle of equal value. Not a TTRS. They can however put you into a loaner until you get a fix. You’re not legally obligated to drive your car. I would call VW Corp.
TT-RS was joke...

I have 9 months left on my factory b2b warranty and then the third party warranty takes over. Just had inspection and emissions done back in january so it's not due until next january.

As much as I want a replacement I don't think I have a case until the next TSB comes out. If January comes and there's no TSB then I think I can make a big stink with VWoA.

What say DFD?
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:27 am

TT-RS was joke...

I have 9 months left on my factory b2b warranty and then the third party warranty takes over. Just had inspection and emissions done back in january so it's not due until next january.

As much as I want a replacement I don't think I have a case until the next TSB comes out. If January comes and there's no TSB then I think I can make a big stink with VWoA.

What say DFD?
Send a pirate letter to VWOA
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:28 am

TT-RS was joke...

What say DFD?
:lolol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:28 am

TT-RS was joke...

What say DFD?
max225

TT-RS was joke...

What say DFD?
I just wanted to give you additional info
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 am

TT-RS was joke...

What say DFD?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

TT-RS was joke...

What say DFD?
:like: I just don't know if I have a solid case with them being confident that a fix is on the way.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 am

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 pm

I probably should check the build date on it. Wouldn't be shocked if it was an Octoberfest car.
Remember that Oktoberfest is in September. :themoreyouknow:

Dumbass Germans :derp:
It is NOT an octoberfest car. Build date is 11/16.

:fuckyeah: ?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 am

"This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shineeeeee..."
I thought that was VeeDubs motto?
Johnny_P

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 am

4Runner probably doesn't even have a CEL. Why would they put one in if it'll never go on? It'd be :wasteful: :lolol: