Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 pm Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Si sedan? :iono: I was just totally :disappoint: the Si got only the 1.5. GTI and GoRf basically have the same motor with a different turbo, but the Si and Type R motors are completely different beasts.

If you want a MK7 GTI for not much money I know where you can find one for not much money. :hubba:
I like the current one.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Verdict is in....

:hibachi:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So I heard from VW. Corporate doesn’t have any R's in inventory so they can't put me in a replacement. No inventory is because there's no 2020 R. I asked about dealers and he said once it's been allocated to a dealer he can't pull it back. They will offer me $2500 off a new one but that means I have to go through the :dillerman: buying process. The $2500 is a rebate letter direct from VW so I assume I negotiate with the :dillerman: to get the best price then show them the letter to get the extra $2500 off.

So. Do I take the money and run? Or try and find a new :gorf: ?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:13 pm So I heard from VW. Corporate doesn’t have any R's in inventory so they can't put me in a replacement. No inventory is because there's no 2020 R. I asked about dealers and he said once it's been allocated to a dealer he can't pull it back. They will offer me $2500 off a new one but that means I have to go through the :dillerman: buying process. The $2500 is a rebate letter direct from VW so I assume I negotiate with the :dillerman: to get the best price then show them the letter to get the extra $2500 off.

So.. they are buying it back? How much ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:13 pm So I heard from VW. Corporate doesn’t have any R's in inventory so they can't put me in a replacement. No inventory is because there's no 2020 R. I asked about dealers and he said once it's been allocated to a dealer he can't pull it back. They will offer me $2500 off a new one but that means I have to go through the :dillerman: buying process. The $2500 is a rebate letter direct from VW so I assume I negotiate with the :dillerman: to get the best price then show them the letter to get the extra $2500 off.

So.. they are buying it back? How much ?
Don't know for sure yet but he said close to retail value. He's going to send me all the docs today.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The $2500 instant rebate applies to any new or certified VW or Audi. Didn't know it applied to Audis as well.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:37 pm The $2500 instant rebate applies to any new or certified VW or Audi. Didn't know it applied to Audis as well.
I wouldn’t Audi.... new.. you’ll lose 4x that rebate in the first year off the lot.
Poorsche?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Considering that an old lady side humped the :piratehat: with her Corsica, I'd be jumping ship. The best value for the money is a CPO GTI or even freshly minted. Another :gorf: will send you down the depreciation wormhole and I told myself one is enough.

You're moving up in the world and will soon :crotchfruit: so if it were me I'd try to poorsche before it's too late. A4/A5 is not a bad car, my bro has an S5 and loves it. Flawless two years in and it is beautifully appointed inside and out.

Regardless of what you get next I think you deserve this stroke of good luck!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

If you Audi, the only one worth it is the RS3.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 pm I wouldn’t Audi.... new.. you’ll lose 4x that rebate in the first year off the lot.
Poorsche?
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to Poorsche.
razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:51 pm If you Audi, the only one worth it is the RS3.
They're still a bit too :waxer: . All the cheap ones I browsed through were in accidents.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm Considering that an old lady side humped the :piratehat: with her Corsica, I'd be jumping ship. The best value for the money is a CPO GTI or even freshly minted. Another :gorf: will send you down the depreciation wormhole and I told myself one is enough.

You're moving up in the world and will soon :crotchfruit: so if it were me I'd try to poorsche before it's too late. A4/A5 is not a bad car, my bro has an S5 and loves it. Flawless two years in and it is beautifully appointed inside and out.

CPO GTI could work for a few years but so could that Si lease.

Sadly the eventual :crotchfruit: has required me to go with a 4 door so M2 is out the window and while the A4/A5 are definitely nice, I still want something a bit sportier which means S4 or the C43. 340i I'm not sure on longer term reliability

Can I REALLY strikeout on another egg? :eeyore:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:11 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm Considering that an old lady side humped the :piratehat: with her Corsica, I'd be jumping ship. The best value for the money is a CPO GTI or even freshly minted. Another :gorf: will send you down the depreciation wormhole and I told myself one is enough.

Sadly the eventual :crotchfruit: has required me to go with a 4 door so M2 is out the window and while the A4/A5 are definitely nice, I still want something a bit sportier which means S4 or the C43. 340i I'm not sure on longer term reliability

Do you still like the egg? They are good cars for sure, mine is doing okay so far but I wonder if they are better suited for certain driving styles, in my case a lot of highway miles.

I'm thinking that my next car will be slightly bigger, a year or two old and known for reliability and fuel economy unless I change my driving habits drastically, so this is probably my last egg.

I like the C43 as much as the S4, would have to drive both. :popcorn: on your next car.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Do you still like the egg? They are good cars for sure, mine is doing okay so far but I wonder if they are better suited for certain driving styles, in my case a lot of highway miles.

I'm thinking that my next car will be slightly bigger, a year or two old and known for reliability and fuel economy unless I change my driving habits drastically, so this is probably my last egg.

I like the C43 as much as the S4, would have to drive both. :popcorn: on your next car.
he had more egg's than me :lolol:

to be fair, GTI's fucking spoils me and it's gonna ruin a lot of cars for me as an only car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:45 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 pm

to be fair, GTI's fucking spoils me and it's gonna ruin a lot of cars for me as an only car.
Absolutely, it's a solid all around car and I can see why people keep coming back to egg-lyfe.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:11 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Absolutely, it's a solid all around car and I can see why people keep coming back to egg-lyfe.
weirdly 3 of my vw buddies moved up to used f30 340i's :lolol: cause apparently is the next best upgrade. And here I am torn between m240i or Camaro SS. Speaking of that 1le I was gonna test drive, it got sold :sad: the 460 hp Mustang GT is supposed to be good, but after experiencing ford with their build quality like paint bubbles :notsure:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:11 pm CPO GTI could work for a few years but so could that Si lease.

Right now I'm doing pretty much all highway miles too so I can see why you want something bigger. The egg is fine on the highway but there are certainly cars that do it better. Then again, I'm hoping for a commute change within the next few months so who knows.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:M240i?
Need 4 doors. :(

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:53 am
[user not found] wrote:M240i?
Need 4 doors. :(

JCW Mini Clubman

Are those 300hp AWD 1series hatches here yet?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:53 am Need 4 doors. :(

JCW Mini Clubman

You've gotta really want a Mini and the Chubman doesn't do it for me.

I don't think they're here yet but I just checked BMW's site and the 300hp variant STARTS at $45k. Even the base one starts at $37,500. :ludacris:

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:
JCW Mini Clubman

I don't think they're here yet but I just checked BMW's site and the 300hp variant STARTS at $45k. Even the base one starts at $37,500. :ludacris:

If I were you I’d just get a pedestrian daily and save something for a fun car.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 am

It's the logical choice but with a :haus: purchase coming up I still want something fun in case I can't do the fun car a few years down the line.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CaleDeRoo wrote:
JCW Mini Clubman

Ok those prices are dumb as fuck
max225

Chubman at 45 is same price as R to be honest. And I don’t think I’d do it... it loses a lot of what makes a mini great when it goes maxi
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 am

It's the logical choice but with a :haus: purchase coming up I still want something fun in case I can't do the fun car a few years down the line.
Random thought... since you're looking to :baby: and :haus: soon - why not get something really fun that won't depreciate and worry about the Seppuku dad machine later? I know it can't work for everyone, but something like a 987 Cayman/Boxtser shouldn't lose much value in a couple years and would be a really :neat: egg departure.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am It's the logical choice but with a :haus: purchase coming up I still want something fun in case I can't do the fun car a few years down the line.
Random thought... since you're looking to :baby: and :haus: soon - why not get something really fun that won't depreciate and worry about the Seppuku dad machine later? I know it can't work for everyone, but something like a 987 Cayman/Boxtser shouldn't lose much value in a couple years and would be a really :neat: egg departure.
Even a 981 isn't too bad right now. Winter driving a Gayman though?

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/inv ... c+33699085

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing