Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Can you feel it ?
I think I did once or twice. Only on startup but it's subtle.
Gotchya at least drive ability doesn’t seem affected, I can see the aggravation though. It’s too new to throw bs codes over and over with no solution
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I know it's probably coincidence thus :wrong: but I started to get misfires in the fall and started performing the infamous Italian Tune up (i.e. high rev, relatively long run) thing once a month or so and I swear the car always runs better afterwards and I have not gotten another CEL....
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Can you feel it ?
I'll tell you what I told all the girls I dated.

You'd know it if you felt it!

:D
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:46 pm I know it's probably coincidence thus :wrong: but I started to get misfires in the fall and started performing the infamous Italian Tune up (i.e. high rev, relatively long run) thing once a month or so and I swear the car always runs better afterwards and I have not gotten another CEL....
I believe in this and try to do it myself when I can. Usually, if I'm going to be on the highway for awhile, I get it up to operating temp then drop down to 4th gear and drive at normal highway speeds, keeping the revs around 4000 or so, for about 20-30 minutes.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 pm

I'll tell you what I told all the girls I dated.

You'd know it if you felt it!

:D
:hue:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My :dillerman: has 2 white :manuel: Gorfs that have been on the lot for quite some time. I'll see if they want to :dill: when I'm in on Friday.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Irish wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:46 pm I know it's probably coincidence thus :wrong: but I started to get misfires in the fall and started performing the infamous Italian Tune up (i.e. high rev, relatively long run) thing once a month or so and I swear the car always runs better afterwards and I have not gotten another CEL....
bruh.

I took a peak at my valves, 140k never been cleaned when I had the TB off...

they looked fine.

drive the car people. get in the gas a few times a week. get it hot. I also tow a trailer from time to time, so that gets some high load running in, which apparently is good for this carbon issue
brain go brrrrrr
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am
bruh.

they looked fine.

drive the car people. get in the gas a few times a week. get it hot. I also tow a trailer from time to time, so that gets some high load running in, which apparently is good for this carbon issue
You must have a :unicorn: :turboyaris: for no carbon buildup at 140k.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am

bruh.

they looked fine.

there is a scope picture in my thread. It has nothing to do with :unicorn: status:. drive the car. this problem only occurs on little olde lady driven cars in Europe
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 am

there is a scope picture in my thread. It has nothing to do with :unicorn: status:. drive the car. this problem only occurs on little olde lady driven cars in Europe
Can confirm. I didn’t get any major carbon build up in mine until I moved to San Diego and stopped having wide open freeways to drive fast on.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:( . I'm driving it like an old lady then. Although I had a carbon clean at 20k. I'm at 32k now.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 am

:( . I'm driving it like an old lady then. Although I had a carbon clean at 20k. I'm at 32k now.
Maybe that's why you're getting the CELs... it's telling you to lay on the gas. :)

Hey, question for you... On your R is the gas pedal smooth from highest position to the floor when you press it down? Mine has a false 1/4 pressure stop about 3/4 throttle that I have to press though. It almost feels like it's dragging on something at 3/4 throttle, but nothing major or anything, just annoying. You can feel a little resistance and a "click" feeling going past 3/4 throttle.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 am

Maybe that's why you're getting the CELs... it's telling you to lay on the gas. :)

Hey, question for you... On your R is the gas pedal smooth from highest position to the floor when you press it down? Mine has a false 1/4 pressure stop about 3/4 throttle that I have to press though. It almost feels like it's dragging on something at 3/4 throttle, but nothing major or anything, just annoying. You can feel a little resistance and a "click" feeling going past 3/4 throttle.
I don't think so. I'll look for it tomorrow. But then again, I have the pedal spacer installed which changes the angle of the gas pedal a bit.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Also have the rat race commute here, and I do gun it at least once a day, but I got my carbon cleaning done around 47k miles.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Yeah, the VW EA888 motors definitely need to have their necks wrung to keep carbon buildup from becoming a problem, especially the Gen 1s in the MK6. My MK6 needed a carbon clean at 50k miles because my commute was 6 years of 5.5 miles of stop and go and almost exclusively short tripping. Buddy of mine who had a 2012 GLI ran his out to 120k and never needed it done before he sold it for 2017 GLI, but he did a ton of highway driving and beat the piss out of his. There's some truth to the Italian tune-up method, IMO.

Supposedly the Gen 3 motors in the MK7s have a better PCV system and typically can go quite a bit longer between valve cleanings, but who knows.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dillerman: scanned the car and submitted the report to corporate.

Now I'm :waiting: for a call from VW.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

VW said they'd cover the car out of warranty for this issue.

Should hear back on the replacement/buyback between now and February 6th at the latest.

:popcorn:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:34 pm VW said they'd cover the car out of warranty for this issue.

Should hear back on the replacement/buyback between now and February 6th at the latest.

:fuckyeah: Great news.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:34 pm VW said they'd cover the car out of warranty for this issue.

Demand that in writing, with a clear definition of perpetual warranty coverage for both that concern and any of those misfire codes associated with it.

Then tell them that if they believe they can never guarantee a fix for the issue, they need to buy the car back. Take that letter and consult with a lawyer.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:

Demand that in writing, with a clear definition of perpetual warranty coverage for both that concern and any of those misfire codes associated with it.

Then tell them that if they believe they can never guarantee a fix for the issue, they need to buy the car back. Take that letter and consult with a lawyer.
:like:

Will do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It's judgement day and I have yet to hear back from VW. I'll probably give the case manager a call later this afternoon if I don't hear anything.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It looks like I'm partially there? Sometime between now and next Friday the customer retention team will call me to discuss options getting out of the :gorf: . Case manager told me if they had decided on no buyback/replacement, they would have told her.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:49 pm It looks like I'm partially there? Sometime between now and next Friday the customer retention team will call me to discuss options getting out of the :gorf: . Case manager told me if they had decided on no buyback/replacement, they would have told her.

Another week... :butwhy:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:49 pm It looks like I'm partially there? Sometime between now and next Friday the customer retention team will call me to discuss options getting out of the :gorf: . Case manager told me if they had decided on no buyback/replacement, they would have told her.

I asked that too. All this waiting just for them to tell me they're going to discuss it with me next week.

Possible new :bread: if they don't try to get me in a 2019. I'm going to have to buy a car asap.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm

This was a good car to avoid Arin from APR on.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.