Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm Alignment done. Apparently I didn't need much as they said everything was within spec. :iono:

Next up is to call costco to get my ramz and tars rebalanced. Getting a decent amount of vibration at 80+.

80+ is illegal. :narc:
Don't tell :narc:!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm Alignment done. Apparently I didn't need much as they said everything was within spec. :iono:

Next up is to call costco to get my ramz and tars rebalanced. Getting a decent amount of vibration at 80+.
Costco did a shit job on my tires too, these guys are fucking shit out here. I don't even know how to do as it takes them 1/2 a day to do this shit.
They did an okay job when they mounted my PSS. I guess it depends on who you get. One thing that annoys me is they leave the wheel weight residue on the wheel and don't take it off.

My appointment isn't until next saturday and that was first available. They do a killing there.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Costco did a shit job on my tires too, these guys are fucking shit out here. I don't even know how to do as it takes them 1/2 a day to do this shit.
They did an okay job when they mounted my PSS. I guess it depends on who you get. One thing that annoys me is they leave the wheel weight residue on the wheel and don't take it off.

My appointment isn't until next saturday and that was first available. They do a killing there.
It's not another bent wheel is it? :sad: sorry man vibrations at high speed are annoying.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:56 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

It's not another bent wheel is it? :sad: sorry man vibrations at high speed are annoying.
I certainly hope it isn't. I haven't hit anything since I put the enkeis on 2 weeks ago.

Everytime I look at them up close I :gag: though. Finish is still awful.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:56 pm

I certainly hope it isn't. I haven't hit anything since I put the enkeis on 2 weeks ago.

Solution is never clean them nobody will ever know.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:04 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Solution is never clean them nobody will ever know.
True. Probably won't wash them all winter
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got the tars rebalanced at costco and they said they were out a little bit. Rear right wheel has a very slight bend but not bad enough to cause issues apparently.

Still get vibrations at 80mph. :iono:

Also hearing those weird front suspension noises at low speed more frequently due to the colder weather.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 pm Got the tars rebalanced at costco and they said they were out a little bit. Rear right wheel has a very slight bend but not bad enough to cause issues apparently.

Also hearing those weird front suspension noises at low speed more frequently due to the colder weather.
Is this on stock wheels?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 pm Got the tars rebalanced at costco and they said they were out a little bit. Rear right wheel has a very slight bend but not bad enough to cause issues apparently.

Is this on stock wheels?
Negative. This is on my 18" Enkei's. The Pretoria's don't have any vibration and with an alignment just being done it has to be these ramz.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Cyber Monday... time for some new :ramz:

:doit:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:Cyber Monday... time for some new :ramz:

:doit:
I wish.

:iono: what it could be. They didn't vibrate when any other tire was on the wheel.

Johnny_P

Either your roads are worse than mine or you hit more stuff at high speed than I do. Man that’s a bummer.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:

Either your roads are worse than mine or you hit more stuff at high speed than I do. Man that’s a bummer.
I haven't hit anything outside of that one clump of tar that bent my 2 Pretoria's. I dunno man. This car might have some bad juju.

I'm due for an oil change in 3k so I'll have them check it out then.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Merry Christmas to me! This happened on Christmas day. Misfire faults on every cylinder. Apparently it's only a software issue cause the car was running fine. I cleared the codes in the lot and drove the 70ish miles back home without issue.

Vortex tells me there's a TSB out for 2017's but my SA said he can't do the TSB because I cleared the codes. Apparently the ECU doesn't store them which I thought it did. :iono: They do all that shit to find out if a car is t00ned or not to flag it TD1 but they don't store fault codes?

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... -Available

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Jeez, fingers crossed it's fixed on the next occurence and shop visit. At least it being a software issue you can rule out any hardware defects for now. That is really frustrating! :sad:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:15 pm Merry Christmas to me! This happened on Christmas day. Misfire faults on every cylinder. Apparently it's only a software issue cause the car was running fine. I cleared the codes in the lot and drove the 70ish miles back home without issue.

Vortex tells me there's a TSB out for 2017's but my SA said he can't do the TSB because I cleared the codes. Apparently the ECU doesn't store them which I thought it did. :iono: They do all that shit to find out if a car is t00ned or not to flag it TD1 but they don't store fault codes?

It stores the codes if you don’t clear em :iono: did the cAr run weird or just throw the codes for no reason ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:Jeez, fingers crossed it's fixed on the next occurence and shop visit. At least it being a software issue you can rule out any hardware defects for now. That is really frustrating! :sad:
Hopefully. I'm assuming the CEL will show up again at a very inconvenient time. Then I'll have to drive around with it for a week before I can get an appointment at my dealer.

If I wanted the fix now I'd have to pay for it because the CEL is gone. :dafuq:
max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:15 pm Merry Christmas to me! This happened on Christmas day. Misfire faults on every cylinder. Apparently it's only a software issue cause the car was running fine. I cleared the codes in the lot and drove the 70ish miles back home without issue.

It stores the codes if you don’t clear em :iono: did the cAr run weird or just throw the codes for no reason ?
I didn't notice anything when I started it up. It seemed to idle fine with the CEL. I just gotta wait for it to show up again.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So what's the idea behind the software Update? Does it change the fuel map during the starting sequence?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:So what's the idea behind the software Update? Does it change the fuel map during the starting sequence?
No idea. My SA basically said the ECU was throwing erroneous error codes. Maybe I need to send him on better vacations.

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:11 pm
Tarspin wrote:So what's the idea behind the software Update? Does it change the fuel map during the starting sequence?
No idea. My SA basically said the ECU was throwing erroneous error codes. Maybe I need to send him on better vacations.

I wouldn’t even waste my time going in ... Code gone so be it.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

ECU will store them, but with most universal computers the command to clear the codes clears fault memory too. Will also reset the emissions readyness monitors for state inspection.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:14 pm I wouldn’t even waste my time going in ... Code gone so be it.
I'm getting an oil change soon so hopefully it comes back around that time. If it comes back after I'd have to drive around with the CEL on until I can get it there. Even though it's not having an effect on the car, driving around with it is annoying. Although I should be used to it driving a VW.
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:40 pm ECU will store them, but with most universal computers the command to clear the codes clears fault memory too. Will also reset the emissions readyness monitors for state inspection.
:disappoint:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Well that was bigger than expected.