Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am

I bought them off e-acca. Order the cubby mat too while you're at it.
:rage: i just clicked pay. Oh well. Ill have to do the ratchet install. I cant have a floppy rest. :flaccid:
You'll have to buy the ratcheting mechanism from e-acca or cars245. IIRC it was close to $200 so I was okay with a :flaccid: armrest. I never really used the ratcheting function in my GTI.

I guess you can always get some felt and cut it to fit the bottom of the cubby. Or maybe you'll luck out and have the mat.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm Resonator delete sounds great! Definitely gives the car more character and it's how it should've been from the factory. Just blows my mind how manufacturers can release performance oriented cars with 0 exhaust note. Makes me :rage:

The drop in filter and resonator delete are a perfect match.

Thanks to zilldor for install!

:fuckyeah:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:02 am Stock GoRf exhaust leaves so much to be desired. Rez delete is 5/7.

Fairly easy install, too.
I was derping around looking for a good jack point on rear. Your ramps are pretty nice. That would be an ideal tool for this jorb. Ramps have never worked on ANY car I've owned. Front always hit in some form.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Rez delete is 5/7. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm Resonator delete sounds great! Definitely gives the car more character and it's how it should've been from the factory. Just blows my mind how manufacturers can release performance oriented cars with 0 exhaust note. Makes me :rage:

The drop in filter and resonator delete are a perfect match.

Thanks to zilldor for install!

Sounds great, a little more raspy and deeper... 5/7. Any new opinions on delete now that you've driven it a bit? Any drone noticed, etc?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Shocking to hear how quiet it is even after the delete. Sounds better tho !
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:08 pm Shocking to hear how quiet it is even after the delete. Sounds better tho !
Revving at idle doesn't really tell the tale, my experience with an axle back is that things sound pretty quiet at idle, and makes the most difference at mid range WOT.

The car is super quiet doe. It's frustrating! Lop
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm
max225 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:08 pm Shocking to hear how quiet it is even after the delete. Sounds better tho !
It's actually much louder - stock is really fucking quiet.

Potato mic doesn't do a good job of showing the difference.
I can BARELY hear a difference from drivers seat. And ONLY hear anything in race mode with baffles opened.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm
It's actually much louder - stock is really fucking quiet.

Potato mic doesn't do a good job of showing the difference.
:like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm going to give the kit a try anyways. Damn res is the size of a muffler. I will take a potato sound clip too
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 pm I'm going to give the kit a try anyways. Damn res is the size of a muffler. I will take a potato sound clip too
It's definitely much louder in person.

You may want to re-enable the valves if you do it. You'll have essentially a full non res Remus CBE afterwards.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:09 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 pm I'm going to give the kit a try anyways. Damn res is the size of a muffler. I will take a potato sound clip too
It's definitely much louder in person.

You may want to re-enable the valves if you do it. You'll have essentially a full non res Remus CBE afterwards.
Absolutely, i was thinking that I would re-enable the valves after trying the setup out for a few days. At current volume levels i love the open flaps but would not want to tolerate the various low rpm rumbling if it were too much louder. I'm kind of stoked about the idea of ditching the res. :like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Washed, clayed, and waxed today. I must've done a good job waxing before winter because I didn't pick up much with the clay. I do need new pads for my DA though.

I also took my plate frame off to try and removed the rust from the acorn nuts. I let them soak in CLR the whole time while working and a decent amount came off but not enough. Hardware store didn't have 11mm acorn nuts so I guess I'll have to stop by a Volvo diller eventually. The paint on the plate frame is actually cracked and peeling up so I don't think spray paint would be effective.

:gorf:

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote:Washed, clayed, and waxed today. I must've done a good job waxing before winter because I didn't pick up much with the clay. I do need new pads for my DA though.

I also took my plate frame off to try and removed the rust from the acorn nuts. I let them soak in CLR the whole time while working and a decent amount came off but not enough. Hardware store didn't have 11mm acorn nuts so I guess I'll have to stop by a Volvo diller eventually. The paint on the plate frame is actually cracked and peeling up so I don't think spray paint would be effective.

:like:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am thinking of resonator delete on my GTI. I had it on the MK6 and I miss having SOME sound.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote::fuckyeah:

I am thinking of resonator delete on my GTI. I had it on the MK6 and I miss having SOME sound.
It costs a little more than a res delete, but have you checked out the Clubsport muffler? Produces a nicer tone than just the res delete, IMO.

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

coogles wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:50 pm
razr390 wrote::fuckyeah:

It costs a little more than a res delete, but have you checked out the Clubsport muffler? Produces a nicer tone than just the res delete, IMO.

My friend got it on his 2015 MK7 and it sounds great. I would just like to spend as little as possible. My resonator delete cost me $70 on my mk6.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm Washed, clayed, and waxed today. I must've done a good job waxing before winter because I didn't pick up much with the clay. I do need new pads for my DA though.

The :gorf: looks amazing, nice job with the waxing etc.

Ive got some plastic fake carbon fiber thing from a local VW enthusiast club and think it looks okay. Amazon sells stuff like that for really cheap.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, good call on the :gorf: emoji!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:37 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm Washed, clayed, and waxed today. I must've done a good job waxing before winter because I didn't pick up much with the clay. I do need new pads for my DA though.

The :gorf: looks amazing, nice job with the waxing etc.

Ive got some plastic fake carbon fiber thing from a local VW enthusiast club and think it looks okay. Amazon sells stuff like that for really cheap.
Yeah, I might swap it out if it gets worse. I never had issues with the GTI plate frames I had. Probably because they were chrome and not painted. I'll try and pick up some new acorn nuts and spray paint them in the hopes of preventing rust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:gorf: is in for an oil change at 15k. I hit a pretty nasty bump in the road a few weeks ago and was shocked I didn't get a flat so I had them check my ramz. 2 bent pretorias. :(

The front right is pretty bad while the rear is just a small bend. $300 to repair both. My wheel and tire coverage doesn't cover the fix because the tires still hold air. :rolleyes:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also, my diller runs a $69.95 oil change special but it only covers 5 quarts. Oil capacity on 2.0T is 6 so I have to pay for that extra quart. :rolleyes:

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am Also, my diller runs a $69.95 oil change special but it only covers 5 quarts. Oil capacity on 2.0T is 6 so I have to pay for that extra quart. :rolleyes:

:really:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am Also, my diller runs a $69.95 oil change special but it only covers 5 quarts. Oil capacity on 2.0T is 6 so I have to pay for that extra quart. :rolleyes:

Get an oil extractor (wait, do the Mk7s have dipsticks?) and do your own oil changes. It's a top-side filter setup, so you could even do it in dress clothes and not break a sweat.
They do have dipsticks. Where do I dispose of the old oil? Take it to like pep boys right?

At least I'm getting my sagging hoodliner replaced under warranty. So I got that going for me.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 am
[user not found] wrote:
Get an oil extractor (wait, do the Mk7s have dipsticks?) and do your own oil changes. It's a top-side filter setup, so you could even do it in dress clothes and not break a sweat.
They do have dipsticks. Where do I dispose of the old oil? Take it to like pep boys right?

At least I'm getting my sagging hoodliner replaced under warranty. So I got that going for me.

Any auto parts store should take it. Here in the land of the hippies and free love the law is that if you sell oil you have to take in used oil for free.