C6 Vert Manuel. Car for Motorcycle Lovers Who Also Value Skin

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Dang you sold it in one day? Also close to no depreciation? Seems like a win to me
Bought it for 18.5kUSD
Wheels and tars were 3.5k
Diff replacement was 2k
Tax/misc was 2.5k

so all in cost was 26.5k

Sold it for 19kUSD

So all in costs minus fuel and insurance were 2.5k/yr including "mods".

There was another guy on the line that was willing to pay full asking price, so another 1k roughly.

It will help me reach the 20% down on the cottage so that saves me $10k in CMHC mortgage insurance. It's a win.
:haus: over :poorvette: , bad deal is bad
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Yeah man. Terrible.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:ohdang:

:|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:53 pm :ohdang:

Out of money, and I have repairs on the horizon. Plus :plac: profit of $100 over 3 yrs. :plac:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:53 pm :ohdang:

Out of money, and I have repairs on the horizon. Plus :plac: profit of $100 over 3 yrs. :plac:
:ohdang: didn't realize you owed money on the car.

I suppose that makes sense, but overall...be careful stretching yourself so thin. You know your own finances better than some rando :moran: on the interwebz, but if selling a car makes the difference between "affording" and not, take pause. Just looking out for a DFD bro.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:51 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm

:ohdang: didn't realize you owed money on the car.

I suppose that makes sense, but overall...be careful stretching yourself so thin. You know your own finances better than some rando :moran: on the interwebz, but if selling a car makes the difference between "affording" and not, take pause. Just looking out for a DFD bro.
It makes a difference to me to get 20% down. That is a lot of outlay. I could've put the usual 5% like most others but i save a 10k loan insurance charge this way. I could've taken it out of my Corp but the tax implications would be getting up there too.

Factor that in with possible repairs and depreciation and the :math: starts to make sense. I can still pull money if shit hits the fan. Just trying to avoid it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

ppl put 5% down... ?! Damn...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm ppl put 5% down... ?! Damn...
All the time.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

For an income property, I could see it maybe. If you're going to make back the PMI in rent, that leaves you with more capital to invest in other properties.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 pm
I mean, I put 7% down.

It was either that, or keep pissing money away on rent.

Not everyone's a Maximillionaire.
Dat. In the land of $620k condos, 5% is common. The mortgage insurance hit is significant for us so it's worth avoiding.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 pm I mean, I put 7% down.

Dat. In the land of $620k condos, 5% is common. The mortgage insurance hit is significant for us so it's worth avoiding.
Also, in the time of infinite appreciation you're better off to get the biggest loan you possibly can. What's another percent or two in interest when you're going up 20+% a year?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Also, in the time of infinite appreciation you're better off to get the biggest loan you possibly can. What's another percent or two in interest when you're going up 20+% a year?
Self-made real estate millionaires swear by that theory.
max225

I mean, I put 7% down.

It depends on the situation, but PMI is garbage.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Tarspin wrote:
get rich off other peoples money with this one weird trick.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Today is probably my last day to :poorvette: foe a few years. I'm getting it safety checked, e-tested and picked up by the buyer. I will honestly miss it a lot. I think i might orange C7 coupé manuel next. That or I wear out the :gorf: and get an orange JLU and stick to the single car life.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 am Today is probably my last day to :poorvette: foe a few years. I'm getting it safety checked, e-tested and picked up by the buyer. I will honestly miss it a lot. I think i might orange C7 coupé manuel next. That or I wear out the :gorf: and get an orange JLU and stick to the single car life.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :jimp: :jimp: :jimp: :burnout:
:burnout: :jimp: :doit: :jimp: :burnout:
:burnout: :jimp: :jimp: :jimp: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 am Today is probably my last day to :poorvette: foe a few years. I'm getting it safety checked, e-tested and picked up by the buyer. I will honestly miss it a lot. I think i might orange C7 coupé manuel next. That or I wear out the :gorf: and get an orange JLU and stick to the single car life.
Saw one of these this past weekend. 5/7 would :jeep:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm

I mean, I put 7% down.

I mean, duh... but [user not found] is right, most Americans aren't rich like you.

My gf has PMI on her townhouse. She absolutely bought something she couldn't really afford despite it being cheap, $120k, she was a teacher making $40k at the time. Her dad helped her our with closing costs (a few thousand bucks) and she put minimal down. She has always had to have a roommate to swing the expenses and maintain any kind of life (now I'm the roommate and split monthly costs with her which is still cheap AF for me compared to anything else). Does it suck that we pay PMI because of her choice? I mean, I guess, but we still pay about 60% per month of what it would cost to rent an equivalent place AND she now has $50k of equitty after four years, so when we decide to move on, we can bring a much larger down payment to the table and get a much better house.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sorry to see the C6 go, but I get it man. At least the daily is a fun car.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm

I mean, duh... but [user not found] is right, most Americans aren't rich like you.

My gf has PMI on her townhouse. She absolutely bought something she couldn't really afford despite it being cheap, $120k, she was a teacher making $40k at the time. Her dad helped her our with closing costs (a few thousand bucks) and she put minimal down. She has always had to have a roommate to swing the expenses and maintain any kind of life (now I'm the roommate and split monthly costs with her which is still cheap AF for me compared to anything else). Does it suck that we pay PMI because of her choice? I mean, I guess, but we still pay about 60% per month of what it would cost to rent an equivalent place AND she now has $50k of equitty after four years, so when we decide to move on, we can bring a much larger down payment to the table and get a much better house.
Sounds like you should refi.
I am very fiscally conservative and live way below my means, most ppl live above theirs. IMO in most cases not having 20 down means you shouldn’t buy the house unless it is around what it costs to rent. Which is the case in a few areas. Banking on “appreciation” is how we went into the financial crisis but yea I’m :wrong: :thanksbush:
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:08 am Sorry to see the C6 go, but I get it man. At least the daily is a fun car.
:dat:
Understandable decision is understandable.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 am

Sounds like you should refi.
I am very fiscally conservative and live way below my means, most ppl live above theirs. IMO in most cases not having 20 down means you shouldn’t buy the house unless it is around what it costs to rent. Which is the case in a few areas. Banking on “appreciation” is how we went into the financial crisis but yea I’m :wrong: :thanksbush:
This is really a key to long term financial security, IMO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:08 am Sorry to see the C6 go, but I get it man. At least the daily is a fun car.
:dat:

The daily is pretty fun. I will miss the "moran" pedal ( :lolol: !!)/ :manuel: , and the open roof, and burbles, but besides that I am not stuck with a Hyundai Elantra for the next couple of years.

Selling also drops my overhead a thousand a year for insurance, and about the same in upkeep. Nicole will start work at 9am instead of 8 and that reduces before and after school program by another 2k/yr. We need to make moves like that.