Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Gladiatrice

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:58 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 pm
D Griff wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:25 pm

I don't think there's any state restriction on temp tags... you can buy a vehicle in SC here and they will throw an SC temp tag, then you drive it home to NC and have the SC tag for 30 days. I think I did this with my C5 IIRC.

This is all :rage: :wtf: after :troywax: nine fucking hundred USD on doc fees.
There is, California enacted a new law starting 2019 because a cop was killed by an illegal in 2018 that was driving on temp dealer tag, that "all vehicles, must have a DMV issued cali specific tag", I have never seen a vehicle in cali with an Out of state temp tag.

He can't possibly send me a temp tag because I AM HANDLING THE REGISTRATION. I can't even start the registration process before I go to a smog check station and get the appropriate paperwork. I have no idea what he is actually sending me. I have 20 days to register the car, which is fine, I just want the title... how fucking hard can that be.
Just depends where the title is.

I was actually talking to the dealer about it last night because I needed the title for the Volt. I didn't think I had it (I did) but he said when someone doesn't have it, they file for a lost title and get a replacement from the DMV so it's NBD.

He said they usually do it as soon as they take a trade in, but will list cars for sale while the process is going on so they don't miss a sale. I asked him what happens if they sell a car without a title, and he said they issue temp tags that are good for 30 days which is enough time to get the title sorted. Apparently this is common.

Sounds like what you might be dealing with? :iono: If they listed the car for sale without having the title sorted out, it's very possible you bought the car without a title. They'll get it sorted out, but my :dillerman: claims the process in Michigan to get a replacement title takes 2-4 weeks.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

max225
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 pm

There is, California enacted a new law starting 2019 because a cop was killed by an illegal in 2018 that was driving on temp dealer tag, that "all vehicles, must have a DMV issued cali specific tag", I have never seen a vehicle in cali with an Out of state temp tag.

He can't possibly send me a temp tag because I AM HANDLING THE REGISTRATION. I can't even start the registration process before I go to a smog check station and get the appropriate paperwork. I have no idea what he is actually sending me. I have 20 days to register the car, which is fine, I just want the title... how fucking hard can that be.

I was actually talking to the dealer about it last night because I needed the title for the Volt. I didn't think I had it (I did) but he said when someone doesn't have it, they file for a lost title and get a replacement from the DMV so it's NBD.

He said they usually do it as soon as they take a trade in, but will list cars for sale while the process is going on so they don't miss a sale. I asked him what happens if they sell a car without a title, and he said they issue temp tags that are good for 30 days which is enough time to get the title sorted. Apparently this is common.

Sounds like what you might be dealing with? :iono: If they listed the car for sale without having the title sorted out, it's very possible you bought the car without a title. They'll get it sorted out, but my :dillerman: claims the process in Michigan to get a replacement title takes 2-4 weeks.
Yea the other issue is I could care less if it was within the same state. But since it is from Florida, I am pretty damn sure florida temp tags don't work for Cali. :yikes: or I am going to have a 5 min explanation to the CHP every time I fking drive the car.

Detroit

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:04 pm

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote:

Yea the other issue is I could care less if it was within the same state. But since it is from Florida, I am pretty damn sure florida temp tags don't work for Cali. :yikes: or I am going to have a 5 min explanation to the CHP every time I fking drive the car.
Unless they've cracked down, I remember driving a car for 6 months with the :dillerman: ad plate on the back and the paper on the windshield without getting pulled over once. I'm not sure the CHP cares that much, aren't there more important things to focus on?
Desertbreh wrote:
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:06 pm

It’ll be hilarious once you get the temp tag and title in the mail that says it’s a 325.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:05 pm
DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote:

Unless they've cracked down, I remember driving a car for 6 months with the :dillerman: ad plate on the back and the paper on the windshield without getting pulled over once. I'm not sure the CHP cares that much, aren't there more important things to focus on?
They have, see my point about the Law we just enacted in 2019. Gone are the days from driving a 2000 S class with dealer plates to claim it was "new" .

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/ ... in-january

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:15 pm

razr390 wrote:
It’ll be hilarious once you get the temp tag and title in the mail that says it’s a 325.
Yea like the joke of the year hilarious. As hilarious as you dumping an engine once running 87 and being stuck in a jetta S with 50k miles while waiting for a new engine from mexico for 4 months.

razr390

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm

max225 wrote:
razr390 wrote:
Yea like the joke of the year hilarious. As hilarious as you dumping an engine once running 87 and being stuck in a jetta S with 50k miles while waiting for a new engine from mexico for 4 months.
Hey man, don’t hate the player hate the game. We can look back and laugh
Desertbreh wrote:
DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:22 pm

razr390 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm
max225 wrote:

Hey man, don’t hate the player hate the game. We can look back and laugh
It's really frustrating man... to them the transaction is done. But I have to keep fighting to get one of the most basic tasks accomplished. This is like "finding the car on the lot" bad. You bought a car but we can't find it. All I know for now I am getting a fking paperweight..

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNT_wLmNjLk

I will miss this car... Best car I have ever "owned".

Detroit

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:00 pm

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote:

They have, see my point about the Law we just enacted in 2019. Gone are the days from driving a 2000 S class with dealer plates to claim it was "new" .

Honestly, MI has been this way for as long as I remember...growing up and seeing a "paper plate" taped to the back window, you knew someone got a new car :excited:

I thought it was weird the way CA did it before. BUT, jam the temp reg the :dillerman: sends you in there and you should be good. I doubt CHP will care that it's out of state, as long as something is there.
Desertbreh wrote:

Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:21 pm

paper tags = new car and documentation is pending a few more hibachi dinners

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote:

Honestly, MI has been this way for as long as I remember...growing up and seeing a "paper plate" taped to the back window, you knew someone got a new car :excited:

I thought it was weird the way CA did it before. BUT, jam the temp reg the :dillerman: sends you in there and you should be good. I doubt CHP will care that it's out of state, as long as something is there.
Not having a Cali paper plate or any plate = reason to get pulled over. I know I am not breaking the law for 20 days post the car getting here. But I just don’t wanna get pulled over. I am sure whatever they are sending is not going to be what I need to not get pulled over in Cali

Detroit

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:31 pm

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote:

Not having a Cali paper plate or any plate = reason to get pulled over. I know I am not breaking the law for 20 days post the car getting here. But I just don’t wanna get pulled over. I am sure whatever they are sending is not going to be what I need to not get pulled over in Cali
Nah man...I really don't think they'll pull you over for out of state reg. What if you buy a car in AZ, NV, OR, etc? They won't issue a CA temp...and you can't be expected to stop at the very first DMV you come across to get the CA one. I get your concern, but I'd be amazed if CHP was bored enough to pull over a giant Russian in a clown car with FL temp tags.

Wait... :notsure: :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote:

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote:

Nah man...I really don't think they'll pull you over for out of state reg. What if you buy a car in AZ, NV, OR, etc? They won't issue a CA temp...and you can't be expected to stop at the very first DMV you come across to get the CA one. I get your concern, but I'd be amazed if CHP was bored enough to pull over a giant Russian in a clown car with FL temp tags.

:lolol:
Iknorite

They are not giving me Florida old plates which would have been just fine. I would have rocked the old plates and it would have had 0 issues. But they are not giving me any.

Detroit

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:40 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Detroit wrote:

:lolol:
Iknorite

They are not giving me Florida old plates which would have been just fine. I would have rocked the old plates and it would have had 0 issues. But they are not giving me any.
In some states, like MI, the plates stay with the owner, not the car. Which is nice because when you pay reg, it's yours. Yesterday, we transferred the plate from the Volt to the Jeep for a $5 fee.

That might be the case in FL.
Desertbreh wrote:

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:48 pm

So i just contacted the transport company today... since they "promised" me an update and at 4pm florida time they still haven't told me anything.

THE CAR WILL BE HERE TOMORROW. BEFORE THE TEMP TAGS OR THE TITLE. :wtf: I am sort of :excited: Now i'll have an undrivable mini.

But so far the transport company while unresponsive, delivered on time (2 days early). :mindblown:

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:42 pm

max225 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm
wap wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Didn't Zil answer this a few pages back? Something about dealing with the back office and not the front office?
their number isn't listed.
Of course it isn't. You have to escalate properly.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Zillon wrote:
max225 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm

their number isn't listed.
How ?

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Also someone from the “title department is supposed to call me” as of 2 hrs ago, no call. Hibachi life. In the meantime I worked, worked out and shot the shit with you guys. Oh well

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:03 pm

max225 wrote:
Zillon wrote:

How ?
Call in, ask for the accounting department. Or ask for the title clerk.

That should get you access to someone in the back office.

Or, ask for the controller. The controller is the boss of the back office and I can assure you that she wants that deal finalized and done with.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Zillon wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:03 pm
max225 wrote:

How ?
Call in, ask for the accounting department. Or ask for the title clerk.

That should get you access to someone in the back office.

Or, ask for the controller. The controller is the boss of the back office and I can assure you that she wants that deal finalized and done with.
Noted. I’ll give them a few hours, the title clerk is supposed to call me, not sure why but “soon” which means 24/48 hrs for these guys.

I’ll escalate if it doesn’t happen today.

CaleDeRoo
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: C5

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Damn! Can't wait till the car is dropped off. I hope you look it over and find it's just as good or better than you're expecting. :excited:

razr390

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Can’t wait for this thread’s title to change!

:iswydt:
Desertbreh wrote:

max225

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 pm

razr390 wrote:

I got one in mind 😂🥴

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 pm
razr390 wrote:

I got one in mind 😂🥴
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

• Information