Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am Back to car talk...
cayla didn’t pick up
Finance guy didn’t pick up
Left voicemails for both

@dgriff see, this is no different than your transaction. And I paid in cash so not like I can tell a credit union to go fuck itself
:disgust:

I'm sure they will get the car to you... but it's just like, can we have an open communication or updates on what's happening? I just wired you $20K+ which is a lot of dough any way you slice it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Man we went places

vaping to hot hatches to beemers to beemer clown cars to all around the US to florida to :tits: to :dillerman: and hopefully back to cali in one piece !

Hope you enjoyed the ride guys.
These threads/transactions are the :meat: and potatoes that keep DFD :fuckyeah:

Thanks for the content :bruh:

In4 :tits: MINI. :popcorn:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:09 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am Back to car talk...
cayla didn’t pick up
Finance guy didn’t pick up
Left voicemails for both

@dgriff see, this is no different than your transaction. And I paid in cash so not like I can tell a credit union to go fuck itself

I'm sure they will get the car to you... but it's just like, can we have an open communication or updates on what's happening? I just wired you $20K+ which is a lot of dough any way you slice it.
Right?

This dealer is/was operating worse than some average dudes on the rolex forums.

Although, I did have a dude last night avoid all my questions and request for more detailed high-res pics and then think I was still going to wire him $25K. :lolol: :gtfo:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Right?

Although, I did have a dude last night avoid all my questions and request for more detailed high-res pics and then think I was still going to wire him $25K. :lolol: :gtfo:
You’re too young for Rolex. IWC for the professional look or hublot for fun.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Right?

Well, I bought a "Batman" GMT Master II already and really want a white face Daytona... but I might get the Omega Speedmaster Snoopy instead. The others are cool, but I always liked non-gold Rolexes.

Here's a douchy shot of the Batman in poor quality I took to txt my brother-in-law at about 90mph on 680:

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm You’re too young for Rolex. IWC for the professional look or hublot for fun.
Well, I bought a "Batman" GMT Master II already and really want a white face Daytona... but I might get the Omega Speedmaster Snoopy instead. The others are cool, but I always liked non-gold Rolexes.

Here's a douchy shot of the Batman in poor quality I took to txt my brother-in-law at about 90mph on 680:

Gold rolexes scream old man.

Panda Daytona is my grail. They're amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:15 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I'm going to try hard this year to get on my AD's list for a Panda... I REALLY don't want to pay 2x retail to get one that is new, but flipped. I already wanted to buy my wife a new wedding set and I've been putting it off. The one we got her when we got married is kinda cheap and small, the engagement ring is a 1.01 stone, but it's not the best grade. Would like to get her something much nicer now that we have the money to afford it.

Hopefully that and maybe a couple other things will sway the AD to get me on the short list for the Panda.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm going to try hard this year to get on my AD's list for a Panda... I REALLY don't want to pay 2x retail to get one that is new, but flipped. I already wanted to buy my wife a new wedding set and I've been putting it off. The one we got her when we got married is kinda cheap and small, the engagement ring is a 1.01 stone, but it's not the best grade. Would like to get her something much nicer now that we have the money to afford it.

Hopefully that and maybe a couple other things will sway the AD to get me on the short list for the Panda.
If you're rocking a P car and a Rolex, the woman shouldn't be rocking a 1.01 that's sad. Get her something in the 2-2.5C range. I had good luck with LA based JEWlers. You can also skimp on tax by paying cash, which would be a significant savings in that price range. Not sure how picky yours is, but DEF/ VVS1-VVS2 is where its at IMO.
max225

https://www.costco.com/Cushion-Cut-2.33 ... 25167.html

Costco occasionally has epic deals that undercut the jewelers by quite a margin. VS1 is sort of lame though... if you care about that sort of thing.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 pm

If you're rocking a P car and a Rolex, the woman shouldn't be rocking a 1.01 that's sad. Get her something in the 2-2.5C range. I had good luck with LA based JEWlers. You can also skimp on tax by paying cash, which would be a significant savings in that price range. Not sure how picky yours is, but DEF/ VVS1-VVS2 is where its at IMO.
Truthfully, my wife gives zero f's about it. She's not into any of it to be honest. My new sister-in-law is obsessed with this stuff though and always brings it up.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm

:lol: Typical Rolex shot though ... I :member: the Vette forum....
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Truthfully, my wife gives zero f's about it. She's not into any of it to be honest. My new sister-in-law is obsessed with this stuff though and always brings it up.
Well then, why bother then ?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 pm

That was the intent.

He sent me one back the next day of his GShock on the wheel of a Bentley he was test driving. :hue:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 pm
That was the intent.

He sent me one back the next day of his GShock on the wheel of a Bentley he was test driving. :hue:
Hey man, the Gshock is incredibly versatile. It works with a B car as well as it does with a Civic.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 pm

That was the intent.

Hey man, the Gshock is incredibly versatile. It works with a B car as well as it does with a Civic.
People love them, for sure. I just don't like rubber on my skin.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I hear you some of my silicone bands just rip...

I am making it a point I think to never get leather either.. those bands don't last, 1-2 years tops on a daily. A real shame
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:51 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm

I hear you some of my silicone bands just rip...

I am making it a point I think to never get leather either.. those bands don't last, 1-2 years tops on a daily. A real shame
You can replace the band easily :iono:

I replace the band on my poverty Fossil yearly or so.
max225

So the dealershit sent me a copy of the title instead of the original ...

I need the original to get a title in California. How dumb are these people. It even states on the title transfer that I need original.
max225

Correction they didn’t even send me the title they sent me a title reassignment supplement... wtaf how incompetent are these people.

I called their finance guy and asked for the title ... he said he can’t send it ... will have to contact accounting to get it ...

:wtf:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm Correction they didn’t even send me the title they sent me a title reassignment supplement... wtaf how incompetent are these people.

I called their finance guy and asked for the title ... he said he can’t send it ... will have to contact accounting to get it ...

Mr. Max, please do not worry we are doing everything right for you. While you wait... have you met... Caila?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:44 pm So the dealershit sent me a copy of the title instead of the original ...

I need the original to get a title in California. How dumb are these people. It even states on the title transfer that I need original.
They're from Florida, duh.
This is why I hate :dillerman: , always useless mouth breathers, this is their job, their livelihood... and they can’t do a simple task. Like why would I know what I need that’s on them not me to figure out, imagine if I was a :derp:

I am still not 100% sure on the docs required for the dmv here, I know it’s title plus smog plus application for reg, I have 1/3.

To make matters worse, it takes weeks to get an appointment because of illegals clogging the up the system, so I pre booked one 5 days ago for the 6th 30 miles away, otherwise it would be 6 weeks for the dmv walking distance from my house.

If I don’t have the required docs they will Just tell me to pound sand.

Sigh
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm Correction they didn’t even send me the title they sent me a title reassignment supplement... wtaf how incompetent are these people.

Ayeee, you gonna get what's coming to you. Trust me.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am

They're from Florida, duh.
This is why I hate :dillerman: , always useless mouth breathers, this is their job, their livelihood... and they can’t do a simple task. Like why would I know what I need that’s on them not me to figure out, imagine if I was a :derp:

I am still not 100% sure on the docs required for the dmv here, I know it’s title plus smog plus application for reg, I have 1/3.

To make matters worse, it takes weeks to get an appointment because of illegals clogging the up the system, so I pre booked one 5 days ago for the 6th 30 miles away, otherwise it would be 6 weeks for the dmv walking distance from my house.

Sigh
You're lucky you got one so fast. They must prioritize/assign them differently by the service you need.

I was trying to get in to get a RealID at the beginning of July and the first appt. I could get was October 8th at one 20 miles away, at something like 10:20AM. So much for work that day.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 am

Sigh
Woah now, slow your roll.

You do have to realize that you’re doing an out of state transaction a few time zones away. I seriously doubt that they do California DMV work very often.

In my 6 years of being in sales, I’ve done one Florida deal, one Arizona deal, one New Hampshire deal, one West Virginia deal, and the rest have been PA, NJ, NY, MD, or Delaware. I think I also did one California deal, but that was unique because I had a California dealer do the paperwork and delivery for us (custom MINI order shipped to the west coast).

Most dealers don’t do a whole lot of long distance transactions.

In this case, you owe it to yourself to know the exact process and inform them. When you call in, ask for the title clerk or accounting office, and you might be able to speed things up/get proper communication going. The back office will want this deal done as much as you do.
No I am not going to slow my roll I am pissed AF.
I am not asking them to do jack shit with their $899 doc fee, they couldn’t even get the make and model of the car right.

All that is necessary is for me is to get the original paperwork. How hard can that be? They are not registering the car for me because they are that useless and they couldn’t even get the taxes etc right. I am doing it myself now.

I paid for the car in cash, no financing nothing. This is the simplest transaction that could possibly happen. And it was fucked 5x, where I had to hold the hand of the salesperson and then the finance person and now I can’t even get a motherfucking title.

This is not on me this is on them, they are incompetent.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:14 am

Sigh
You're lucky you got one so fast. They must prioritize/assign them differently by the service you need.

I was trying to get in to get a RealID at the beginning of July and the first appt. I could get was October 8th at one 20 miles away, at something like 10:20AM. So much for work that day.
I am taking time off work and driving 30 miles one way. How is that luck ? Just did a search of every dmv office in that radius and picked one that had the earliest availability