Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:40 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:49 pm So this is an interesting piece. I was crawling around to see if my car was "lowered", (doesn't seem that way) However check this out!

It looks like the middle 2 of the 4 exhaust pipes are "muffled" while the exterior two are straight through.... when in sport mode the car gets pretty damn loud. I can't believe BMW essentially installed a factory muffler bypass! :mindblown:
This car literally needs no mods. :triggered: bmw took care of everything
Re: Bolded part....

Umm.. Haven't you see the C6 or C7 with the NPP exhaust? This is old, old tech. The MK6 Golf R had a similar setup, as well as my M235i.
Probably came on earlier cars than my 996, but the 911 also has this. I can even control it with a button.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Umm.. Haven't you see the C6 or C7 with the NPP exhaust? This is old, old tech. The MK6 Golf R had a similar setup, as well as my M235i.
Probably came on earlier cars than my 996, but the 911 also has this. I can even control it with a button.
My dad's 996 with the PSE sounds awesome.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:49 pm So this is an interesting piece. I was crawling around to see if my car was "lowered", (doesn't seem that way) However check this out!

It looks like the middle 2 of the 4 exhaust pipes are "muffled" while the exterior two are straight through.... when in sport mode the car gets pretty damn loud. I can't believe BMW essentially installed a factory muffler bypass! :mindblown:
This car literally needs no mods. :triggered: bmw took care of everything

It is "old tech" my 335i had "it" also but it sounded like garbage (it was my biggest complaint after the :225: ), as does the 235i since it is identical. This is a "night and day" type of situation. I need to take some vids of my car with the flaps open.

It is just one flap on the left exhaust pipe. The m3 literally has a bypass with separate pipes.

The exhausts are NOTHING alike.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm
KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:19 pm

My dad's 996 with the PSE sounds awesome.
I'm a-okay with not modding it power-wise, crazily enough.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 am We all know how important tire pressures are for the M3.

:trollface:
I am jelly of those 18s, i think my wheels would have cracked to shit if I recreated that maneuver.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I love adjustable exhaust like NPP. It's amazing how loud/good a car can sound with the taps wide open. It's actually something I'd upgrade to a C6/7 for...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

:fullretard:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm I love adjustable exhaust like NPP. It's amazing how loud/good a car can sound with the taps wide open. It's actually something I'd upgrade to a C6/7 for...
It could have been better executed on the C6, haven't heard the C7. On the one hand, its nice to just have a quiet, drone free car occasionally. "No Bro" does that. On the other, "Bro" could be better....Brola at full wail sounds better than NPP on "Bro." I'd like to hear the B&B Fusion in person....it sounds like "No Bro" gets converted to "Mid-Bro" and "Bro" turns into :jimp: IDK.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm I love adjustable exhaust like NPP. It's amazing how loud/good a car can sound with the taps wide open. It's actually something I'd upgrade to a C6/7 for...
It could have been better executed on the C6, haven't heard the C7. On the one hand, its nice to just have a quiet, drone free car occasionally. "No Bro" does that. On the other, "Bro" could be better....Brola at full wail sounds better than NPP on "Bro." I'd like to hear the B&B Fusion in person....it sounds like "No Bro" gets converted to "Mid-Bro" and "Bro" turns into :jimp: IDK.
I actually don't have much experience with the C6, but quite a bit with the C7.

The C7 sounds :jimp: in bro mode. I love it.

My car sounds like a muted version of it. I want it to be louder, but my neighbors already give me nasty looks when I fire it up in the morning. A dual mode would be 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm

I actually don't have much experience with the C6, but quite a bit with the C7.

The C7 sounds :jimp: in bro mode. I love it.

My car sounds like a muted version of it. I want it to be louder, but my neighbors already give me nasty looks when I fire it up in the morning. A dual mode would be 5/7.
If I'm going to do anything but highway cruising I switch to all bro all the time. The switch to bro at 3500 rpm I find annoying.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Anyone else with the tire wear input? I am a bit at a loss as of the moment.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 pm Anyone else with the tire wear input? I am a bit at a loss as of the moment.
I'd just start fresh with some new tires and an alignment. You have no idea what happened under Poon rule.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 pm Anyone else with the tire wear input? I am a bit at a loss as of the moment.
I'd just start fresh with some new tires and an alignment. You have no idea what happened under Poon rule.
I am debating the new/used route at the moment since it is a $450 price difference per "set". "my guy" has some tires with 80% tire tread, they will be fine for the rear at ~$320 a set vs $350 per tire. If they will last me until 36k miles from the current 18k miles, I am fine with that. But obviously getting another "set" in the car's lifetime would be less than ideal.

So I guess I'll have to roll the dice on this... may get 2 new fronts and stick with "used" rears.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 pm

I am debating the new/used route at the moment since it is a $450 price difference per "set". "my guy" has some tires with 80% tire tread, they will be fine for the rear at ~$320 a set vs $350 per tire. If they will last me until 36k miles from the current 18k miles, I am fine with that. But obviously getting another "set" in the car's lifetime would be less than ideal.

So I guess I'll have to roll the dice on this... may get 2 new fronts and stick with "used" rears.
Yeah I don't really get it. You are leasing an M3. Isn't the whole point of that to enjoy aggressive motoring? Just get some new sticky tires and run the hell out of them. They you will enjoy everything enjoyable about new high performance tires and not have to drive like an old woman with your micrometer out every day on your last 2 months of ownership. You splurged. What you are suggesting is like ordering a prime steak with Night Train.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah I don't really get it. You are leasing an M3. Isn't the whole point of that to enjoy aggressive motoring? Just get some new sticky tires and run the hell out of them. They you will enjoy everything enjoyable about new high performance tires and not have to drive like an old woman with your micrometer out every day on your last 2 months of ownership. You splurged. What you are suggesting is like ordering a prime steak with Night Train.
I got a used car and I am getting used tires nothing weird about this. Same brand/same size same everything I am not trying to give the car back with "new" tires. That's not the point... the savings are ~1k in going used vs new. That is not chump change.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 pm

I got a used car and I am getting used tires nothing weird about this. Same brand/same size same everything I am not trying to give the car back with "new" tires. That's not the point... the savings are ~1k in going used vs new. That is not chump change.
Okay, but your used gambit fails if they don't last.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Exactly... The alignment check is key. Which i'll be doing shortly..

These front tires are toast as is (kind of knew that going in). If the alignment is "fine" i'll get a new set and run it until lease turn in and it should last me that long... if the alignment isn't and caused excessive wear I'll go used, since it'll last me the necessary miles.
max225

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Exactly... The alignment check is key. Which i'll be doing shortly..

These front tires are toast as is (kind of knew that going in). If the alignment is "fine" i'll get a new set and run it until lease turn in and it should last me that long... if the alignment isn't and caused excessive wear I'll go used, since it'll last me the necessary miles.
Just had the alignment checked on the car and the front was nearly dead on still after two years and 14k miles. Tech states that the wear is pretty normal and the BMW sets the car up this way so that when cornering, the tire flattens out to provide more grip.
So beemer bros are saying this is "normal" he seems to have even more wear than me :yikes:
max225

Yep. I need to get 18k miles out of the next set. So it'll be "new" or used... as long as it lasts the required mileage.
New should last 18k miles... Used should last 15k easy...

frankly ... the tires "should" last 25k miles but the factory alignment is a bit odd.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

I go with factory spec and replace tires as needed/when called for by wear. This is not rocket science at all. Buying used engenders wear issues as they will wear as they were when taken off. Your alignment wont mean much mounting other shite tires that have been used.

I never ever roll like this but I know and understand your intentions.
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:23 pm I go with factory spec and replace tires as needed/when called for by wear. This is not rocket science at all. Buying used engenders wear issues as they will wear as they were when taken off. Your alignment wont mean much mounting other shite tires that have been used.

I never ever roll like this but I know and understand your intentions.
I am not going to mount "shite" tires. That would be a :fullretard: move. I would mount tires with 8-9/32 thread as indicated with no alignment wear. I did this on the 335i, and saved $800, I had no issues and no regrets. Same brand/same tire etc.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm

What the hell. Why not get a camry if you're going to cheap out. You'll get the same performance out if it
:dat:

:bruh:

:waxer: or wax not, you can't have both.
yes you can, I have been doing it since my 335i. :aintcare:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Yep. I need to get 18k miles out of the next set. So it'll be "new" or used... as long as it lasts the required mileage.
New should last 18k miles... Used should last 15k easy...

frankly ... the tires "should" last 25k miles but the factory alignment is a bit odd.
What the hell. Why not get a camry if you're going to cheap out. You'll get the same performance out if it
I am obviously driving a Camry.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Hoosier A7 or :gtfo:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 pm

yes you can, I have been doing it since my 335i. :aintcare:
Do you do the same thing with clothes, and food, and hookers, and blow?
:bruh: a line needs to be drawn somewhere. :hue: