Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:19 pm

So what you’re telling me is he will assume a C63 AMG lease off some pay area brogrammer?
Yes because C63 AMG lease costs the same as a Civic Sport over 18 mths of ownership.
Well the there is only one solution. JLUR.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Quick, everyone to the jeep thread!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:40 pm Yes because C63 AMG lease costs the same as a Civic Sport over 18 mths of ownership.
But we still have about 2 months of hibachi dinners until a decision is made.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
But we still have about 2 months of hibachi dinners until a decision is made.

So much bland chicken.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also, how's service in the pay area for these poverty brands? If a "premium" brand like BMW treated you as horribly as they did I can't imagine Honderp, Subaru, or VW being much better. Is there anything useful on dealerrater?

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Is it dumb at this point to suggest test driving one of these for :science: ?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Do ... isFeatured
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:10 pm If you can manage to find one of the 750 series.gray WRXs made, they come in the Recaro sport package trim, but adds keyless and the LED headlights. If you like the color, it’s hands down the best spec.
Naturally I want the blue .... also I am not super interested in limited editions ... usually drives the price up. Unless They have powertrain mods...
Last edited by max225 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:50 pm Also, how's service in the pay area for these poverty brands? If a "premium" brand like BMW treated you as horribly as they did I can't imagine Honderp, Subaru, or VW being much better. Is there anything useful on dealerrater?

:aintcare: if I’m buying one they will never see the :dillerman:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:07 pm STI review went as expected. Car is loud and rowdy and always a hoot. Yeah it never really feels balls out fast but it destroys back roads. 3rd gear was shortened in 2018 I think idk why though.

For what you want a WRX makes more sense I think.
I don’t think the sti is rowdy. Focus rs is Rowdy ....

still a good car though. I liked it a fair amount. I think the spoiler sitch is just :fullretard: there is no need for any of it. :wrong: of course but yea ... at the current point in time I’m more aligned with the wrx, it has more power down low, and a wider powerband, and it’s 6-7k cheaper new. I just don’t see the value of going sti, unless I get a 1 year old one for the same price as a wrx new.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:30 am
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:10 pm If you can manage to find one of the 750 series.gray WRXs made, they come in the Recaro sport package trim, but adds keyless and the LED headlights. If you like the color, it’s hands down the best spec.
Naturally I want the blue .... also I am not super interested in limited editions ... usually drives the price up. Unless They have powertrain mods...
I posted one of the gray ones for like 4k off sticker on the last page. 30k for performance pack, keyless entry, and LEDs. But I understand if color is more important than keyless entry and shit. That bloo is :nice:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 pm :fullretard: how LED's are only on the limited. LED's and and recarbros is the best spec so of course they make it so you can't get them together.

Are headlights an easy retrofit?
I know right ? I am :notsure:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:06 pm

:fuckyeah:
:dat:

The new pecking order is
Civic sport>CTR>FoRS >Kamry>WRX>STI>Camry>>>>>GoRf>Corolla>>>>>>>>>GTI
Sorta it really depends. Civic sport is the most fun at 22k new... CTR just drives good but I can’t deal with the body, fors most fun but it’s a 30k used focus... Camry can go fuck itself. M3 is the fastest of the bunch and the test drives really made me realize how nice it is ...

Model 3 is still in the running... that car is simply the future
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:42 pm I kind of miss the DFD punching bag.

Kind of. Not really.
The GTI blowing up was the best thread we've ever had.
:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 pm

:dat:

The new pecking order is
Sorta it really depends. Civic sport is the most fun at 22k new... CTR just drives good but I can’t deal with the body, fors most fun but it’s a 30k used focus... Camry can go fuck itself. M3 is the fastest of the bunch and the test drives really made me realize how nice it is ...

The M3 is really sweet from what you say. Just seems like too much car to be a daily, dealing with ultra-expensive parts and service and 19mpg would make me feel like I'm kind of :troywax: while commuting an hour in each direction, or carrying a set of tools in the trunk. Some days even the :gorf: feels that way, but I guess that I drive more than average people do.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 pm :dat:

The new pecking order is

I think a used year or two old GTI would be a better buy than the Civic sport if you're going ultimate :scrooge:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I thought the regular WRX seats were better than the STI Recarbros. Those Recaros are :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 pm
max225 wrote:

I think a used year or two old GTI would be a better buy than the Civic sport if you're going ultimate :scrooge:

Yeah they are a lot of car at around $20k, similar to my spec of Kamry which is a RWD GTI.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:29 pm I thought the regular WRX seats were better than the STI Recarbros. Those Recaros are :disappoint:
They are all nearly the same ... I prefer the alcatara
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:29 pm I thought the regular WRX seats were better than the STI Recarbros. Those Recaros are :disappoint:
The bottom cushion is exactly the same, and the Recaro backs are essentially the same just with deeper side bolsters. Unless some :fatty: rolled in the Recaro first and destroyed the foam, I’m rather lost on how they could have been worse.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 pm
max225 wrote:

This may be the case for sure... what was the first year for the 7 speed, was it 18 or 19?
max225

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am
max225 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am

The M3 is really sweet from what you say. Just seems like too much car to be a daily, dealing with ultra-expensive parts and service and 19mpg would make me feel like I'm kind of :troywax: while commuting an hour in each direction, or carrying a set of tools in the trunk. Some days even the :gorf: feels that way, but I guess that I drive more than average people do.
I’m averaging around 21, but yea $1400 in tires every 20k and $2000 every 30k if you take it to the lovely :dillerman: in services is quite :troywax:

Once the time gets closer I think it may come down to pricing, limited/recaro STIs are around 32-4K, they used to be 41-44k new which is a significant price delta, these things bottom out at 27-30k even for 2015 models with 40/60k miles .... so getting a nearly new one seems like a good idea.

New wrx deals remain to be seen.... I honestly like all the cars but I don’t love them... so I don’t want to make long term commitment I can’t get out of without taking a bath. I think an F80 is still a better overall vehicle than everything I have driven, but the current depreciation structure is just :disgust: so ... I’m :nope: ing out for a bit
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:29 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 pm I think a used year or two old GTI would be a better buy than the Civic sport if you're going ultimate :scrooge:

This may be the case for sure... what was the first year for the 7 speed, was it 18 or 19?
2018 is 6speed
2019 is 7speed
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:18 pm
The bottom cushion is exactly the same, and the Recaro backs are essentially the same just with deeper side bolsters. Unless some :fatty: rolled in the Recaro first and destroyed the foam, I’m rather lost on how they could have been worse.
I could be remembering wrong but I feel like the WRX bolsters actually hugged me somewhat, the Recaros they were 3” away from me on either side... I’m not :fatty: but also not tiny, the bolstering was just annoyingly fat boy spec in the STI for a car that fee fat people buy.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:30 pm Is it dumb at this point to suggest test driving one of these for :science: ?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Do ... isFeatured
I don’t know if I want a hellcat ... I’d rather m3 ...
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:47 pm
coogles wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:18 pm

I could be remembering wrong but I feel like the WRX bolsters actually hugged me somewhat, the Recaros they were 3” away from me on either side... I’m not :fatty: but also not tiny, the bolstering was just annoyingly fat boy spec in the STI for a car that fee fat people buy.
Nope, all 3 seats are similar. Recaros, sti seats and limited wrx seats. All are far more relaxed than my m3 seats