Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm I think the last gen wide-body WRX/STI hatches were as sporty as an egg can look.
Always wanted Juan.... Ever since it came out...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I prefer to evaluate hatches on their driving dynamic vs how they look...hence the FiST..
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 pm I prefer to evaluate hatches on their driving dynamic vs how they look...hence the FiST..
I like how the FiST looks.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 pm

I do prefer the mini minivan styling of the golf to the civic (i think) but it is a close wash for me. One is boring as hell and one is overstyled.
They need to meet in the middle. The Focus is/was really close.
Fatal flaw on that car is the terribad automatic they threw in it. Which is bullshit because the torque converter old tech 6AT in the Escape is totally fine and actually a rather nice transmission.
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 pm I prefer to evaluate hatches on their driving dynamic vs how they look...hence the FiST..
I like the shark vacuum cleaner look of the FiST :iono: I think it looks racy without being over the top. Little wing, single exhaust, good looking wheels.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 am
I like the shark vacuum cleaner look of the FiST :iono: I think it looks racy without being over the top. Little wing, single exhaust, good looking wheels.
I like the looks for what it is - a Fiesta, but it doesn't look as good as the RS or GTI/R
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm I think the last gen wide-body WRX/STI hatches were as sporty as an egg can look.
I should have bought one of those instead of the GTI. I'd still be driving it. EJ engine, simpler drivetrain, good handling, actually rather comfortable ride because the springs on the WRX were soft back then, lower cost.

:sad:

My STI is close to that but certainly has a firmer ride and more expensive diffs that are unnecessary on the street.
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 am

I like the looks for what it is - a Fiesta, but it doesn't look as good as the RS or GTI/R
I personally think it looks better than both of those.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 am
I should have bought one of those instead of the GTI. I'd still be driving it. EJ engine, simpler drivetrain, good handling, actually rather comfortable ride because the springs on the WRX were soft back then, lower cost.

:sad:

My STI is close to that but certainly has a firmer ride and more expensive diffs that are unnecessary on the street.
I almost bought a blurple one instead of my MK6 too. I probably should have...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm
They need to meet in the middle. The Focus is/was really close.
Fatal flaw on that car is the terribad automatic they threw in it. Which is bullshit because the torque converter old tech 6AT in the Escape is totally fine and actually a rather nice transmission.
Well sure, the car is garbage, but the styling was OK. As Max said, EVERY car has a fatal flaw.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

:triggered:

Much better, first wash in 6 weeks

Black is tough to keep clean

Yes I know the concrete/door is cracked :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am Image

:triggered:

Much better, first wash in 6 weeks

Black is tough to keep clean

Yes I know the concrete/door is cracked :lol:

Bro, who installed the pavers on your door? 5/7 mod right there.

Can you get me the friend price hookup for the install?
max225

Good drives on Memorial Day ... :)

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:21 am Image

:like: ///////MMMMM :)
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:29 am

Hey Dave random Q. Is it possible to rotate the fronts side to side ? I have some wear on the outside edges but rest of the tire seems ok. Trying to get another 5-10k miles out of it ... since they are $350 a pop. The pattern looks like it is not only unidirectional but also specific to a side ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

She cleans up well, black looks gorgeous when it's that clean. Getting it to look like that is a half day's work though so I don't think I could do it again.

I know that they are retarded big but those :ramz: look really good!
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

max225 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:29 am

Hey Dave random Q. Is it possible to rotate the fronts side to side ? I have some wear on the outside edges but rest of the tire seems ok. Trying to get another 5-10k miles out of it ... since they are $350 a pop. The pattern looks like it is not only unidirectional but also specific to a side ?
OEM Michelin super sports, yes? Then yeah, they're specific to which side is inside and outside. Could always realign the suspension if you're wearing on the outside.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
max225

KiaGiver wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:42 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 pm
OEM Michelin super sports, yes? Then yeah, they're specific to which side is inside and outside. Could always realign the suspension if you're wearing on the outside.
Well it isn’t “major” since most ppl say these tires last 15k miles. I am at 18, but the middle and insides have decent “meat” could eek out 25-30k if it wasn’t for the outsides
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm

She cleans up well, black looks gorgeous when it's that clean. Getting it to look like that is a half day's work though so I don't think I could do it again.

Thanks breh, you know the look grew on me tremendously. But they are the most difficult to clean wheels I have ever had, they have a double lip design, one behind the spokes, and really narrow spokes. Combined with high performance brake compounds it is tough to keep em like that. On the flip side when they get covered in brake dust they just look Matte grey which still looks good.

Washing it isn’t half bad, it’s just that it shows dirt rather quickly
max225

Didn’t go on a single road trip but I filled up a whopping 6 times in may ... :disgust: I need to slow down a bit .... that’s a 22k mile a year pace 😳
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I'd go in for an alignment. 100 bucks is "cheap" to preserve possibly 1000 bucks in tires.

Also, I'd ceramic coat those wheels. It'll make cleaning them much easier later on.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:52 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks breh, you know the look grew on me tremendously. But they are the most difficult to clean wheels I have ever had, they have a double lip design, one behind the spokes, and really narrow spokes. Combined with high performance brake compounds it is tough to keep em like that. On the flip side when they get covered in brake dust they just look Matte grey which still looks good.

Washing it isn’t half bad, it’s just that it shows dirt rather quickly
They sound terribly hard to clean. I guess the Sonax spray only does so much to get dirt off. I have the same double lip issue with my prets and i kind of do a half ass clean up of that part of the wheel :aintcare: , it'll be dirty again in two days lol!

Aside from the brake dust the car looks and sounds:amaze: . I'd probably pick one of those up over a 4BJ from the very limited info I've got on both cars.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah, those are bad ass and frankly the only STI I would consider buying.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

KiaGiver wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 pm I'd go in for an alignment. 100 bucks is "cheap" to preserve possibly 1000 bucks in tires.

Also, I'd ceramic coat those wheels. It'll make cleaning them much easier later on.
$399 for the m3 At the at stealershit ... :notsure: gonna see if I can trust my local tire shop with this type of shit. I hate getting alignments since most places do an ok job at best.
I don’t even know if it is out of spec ...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:56 pm
KiaGiver wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 pm I'd go in for an alignment. 100 bucks is "cheap" to preserve possibly 1000 bucks in tires.

$399 for the m3 At the at stealershit ... :notsure: gonna see if I can trust my local tire shop with this type of shit. I hate getting alignments since most places do an ok job at best.
I don’t even know if it is out of spec ...
How about something like this.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/performance-technic-fremont
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.