Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:23 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Dude do you have avocado toast in your profile now ? :mindblown:

Also you don't drive all that much... I would love to put 5k miles a year on the m3... at a 20-25k a year pace things get a bit different. It is still a great daily considering the performance... but there are downsides.
21mpg
$1500 a set of tires that last 15-20k miles so.... ~$1500 a year in tires... ~120 a month :yikes:
rough ride over craters
rough tranny
a bit of brake dust and tough to clean transmission

still wouldn't want a CRV or CX5 :doe: that's embarrassing, but a civic sport with a manual would be a bit of fun... or... a TDI golf that I probably shouldn't have traded :lolgasm:
Yas avo toast

Super hardcore cars get old on the highway for sure. If I had Fled's 30 mile commute for example I wouldn't have bought this. But I don't put many miles on my car anymore, and the miles I do put on it are lugging along at 20-30 MPH through stop sign land. Not ideal for a performance car. Even trying to find back roads is getting tough as the Philly area has really built up over the last few years, gotta go pretty damn far to get to anything remotely fun, which doesn't happen much.

GF drove us home last night and was RAILING potholes and sinkholes totally NFG. Tiguan swallowed it all with an occasional THUD but mostly drama free, it is impressive how NFG you can be driving something like that. I think that would be ideal for me next.

Agree that the Golf TDI is a pretty logical car and a great daily. I should have bought a DSG diesel golf instead of my GTI.
Highway is actually surprisingly good on the M3 I get high 20s MPG and it is pretty quiet, barely louder than my 335i if at all. The issue is potholes uneven pavement etc.

I realized my car pulls wheelies when I pull into strip malls... :mindblown: BMW went :fullretard: on this thing when it comes to :stiffening: the chassis. This hasn't happened to me since my old days where I ran giant sway bars in vehicles.
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:29 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:59 am

+50hp is not insignificant, not sure I’m a huge fan of the sti wheels on it though.

Great car though! Probably the most fun 2 door In the bmw line up. Can’t go wrong with that.

Curious how much do you drive your m Dave?
Yes the power bump and torque increase might be interesting. The 437 wheels on the M2 are an option. I would like to see the one's they are offering as standard in person. So the S55 motor but that means more weight up front in the same wheel base. We drive it almost every day. Worth it :)
:notsure: what is heavier on the S55 vs N55 they are similar in displacement, both are turbo etc. I think the difference is negligible. I really like the S55 engine, it is smooth, and has power from 1800-7000rpm, which is :jizz: to me. Also my car makes epic whooosh noises at around 2200 when the turbos spool up like mfkers.
It also takes 5w30 walmart oil for once... and is super simple to service for the regular maintenance items.
I really wish I could record it, but iphone purposely cancels out engine noise.
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 pm
Yas avo toast

Super hardcore cars get old on the highway for sure. If I had Fled's 30 mile commute for example I wouldn't have bought this. But I don't put many miles on my car anymore, and the miles I do put on it are lugging along at 20-30 MPH through stop sign land. Not ideal for a performance car. Even trying to find back roads is getting tough as the Philly area has really built up over the last few years, gotta go pretty damn far to get to anything remotely fun, which doesn't happen much.

GF drove us home last night and was RAILING potholes and sinkholes totally NFG. Tiguan swallowed it all with an occasional THUD but mostly drama free, it is impressive how NFG you can be driving something like that. I think that would be ideal for me next.

Agree that the Golf TDI is a pretty logical car and a great daily. I should have bought a DSG diesel golf instead of my GTI.
Highway is actually surprisingly good on the M3 I get high 20s MPG and it is pretty quiet, barely louder than my 335i if at all. The issue is potholes uneven pavement etc.

I realized my car pulls wheelies when I pull into strip malls... :mindblown: BMW went :fullretard: on this thing when it comes to :stiffening: the chassis. This hasn't happened to me since my old days where I ran giant sway bars in vehicles.
I had the same experience in my STi. Steeply angled drive wheelies :)
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yas avo toast

My car lifts wheels on driveways and super crowned roads too. Kind of funny but it doesn't do much to it since AWD.

Highway sounds not bad. My car is loud af on the highway and same mileage as yours with 100+ hp less. That's impressive on the M3's end. Potholes suck and at least around me are a fact of life that seems to be getting way worse as years go on.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm

I had the same experience in my STi. Steeply angled drive wheelies :)
Pretty sure I get it to tripod around super hard turns too. But can't verify as I'm not outside the car when that happens.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:38 pm

My car lifts wheels on driveways and super crowned roads too. Kind of funny but it doesn't do much to it since AWD.

Highway sounds not bad. My car is loud af on the highway and same mileage as yours with 100+ hp less. That's impressive on the M3's end. Potholes suck and at least around me are a fact of life that seems to be getting way worse as years go on.
Nah bruh, not to talk shit but no way would I get the same MPG on the STI. IIRC you drive slowish, if you were to drive my car you'd get 30+ under the same conditions. I'd probably average around 16 in the STI The MPG has actually been really decent on the m3.

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Nah bruh, not to talk shit but no way would I get the same MPG on the STI. IIRC you drive slowish, if you were to drive my car you'd get 30+ under the same conditions. I'd probably average around 16 in the STI The MPG has actually been really decent on the m3.

Even more impressive!
Davestr

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Given the weight, power and gearing that is good mpg for the M3. Peak car man....enjoy it.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Ain't gotta 'splain to me, brah. I'm the one who thinks a CUV would be nice to own because there's almost no point in having a performance car around where I live.

Also you don't drive all that much... I would love to put 5k miles a year on the m3... at a 20-25k a year pace things get a bit different. It is still a great daily considering the performance... but there are downsides.
21mpg
$1500 a set of tires that last 15-20k miles so.... ~$1500 a year in tires... ~120 a month :yikes:
rough ride over craters
rough tranny
a bit of brake dust and tough to clean

still wouldn't want a CRV or CX5 :doe: that's embarrassing, but a civic sport with a manual would be a bit of fun... or... a TDI golf that I probably shouldn't have traded :lolgasm:
:plac:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

wap wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 pm

21mpg
rough ride over craters
rough tranny

:dat: :dat:
Davestr

Max this is the configurator from BMW Belgium for M2 Comp. The Deutsch is not up yet. Maybe next week. Lux is up and Austria works then doesnt. The 437 wheels are an option so thats nice given the standard wheel could be a pain but is interesting -
https://www.bmw.be/fr/ssl/configurator. ... nfig/RIMS/
max225

21mpg
rough ride over craters
rough tranny

I just want multiple cars .... 😭
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Then go purchase one.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm
Then go purchase one.
Davestr

Then go purchase one.
Must be a shortage of dealers near Wap. Its a tough road for him :)
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I want 3 or 4, but only if I have a 4 or 5 car garage. Living outside kills cars and having to play musical cars to move any of them is :disgust:
max225

Then go purchase one.
I’m not :troywax:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 pm
I want 3 or 4, but only if I have a 4 or 5 car garage. Living outside kills cars and having to play musical cars to move any of them is :disgust:
:dat: one car gayrage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 pm :plac:
I just want multiple cars .... Image
Or one :gorf:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm
max225 wrote: I just want multiple cars .... Image
Or one :minivan:
FTFY
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:50 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm Or one :minivan:
FTFY
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm
max225 wrote: I just want multiple cars .... Image
Or one :gorf:
Had that before... T' was fun. I'd prefer the civic over a golf doe... that's 100k of completely trouble free miles guaranteed. While a bit slower :doe:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Then go purchase one.
Must be a shortage of dealers near Wap. Its a tough road for him :)
Yep, just buggy and carriage dealers around me. Some offer free buggy whips, doe. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Maybe it’s because of the way I drive ... 120,000 miles until front brakes are due ... car at 18k

:mindblown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Doesn't your car have regenerative braking? I thought that was a thing on all F30's?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.