Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:03 pm I got married when I was broke AF. Prenup would have included my possession of a 944 Turbo Porsche with borked AC, and a bicycle.

I made my "wealth" after getting married. I did it wrong, fortunately I have zero interest in getting rid of this woman.

I guess I see the prenup concept, but IMO, don't get married if there's even a remote chance of :nope:
Yea... 50% of others that get divorced must be "different" people. :lol:

Divorces happen all the time, a ton of my friends got divorced, my friends parents etc. I have seen the damage first hand. It far outweighs this retarded "love" concept and its ok baby we'll figure it out when it happens, i just love you so much. If i had $50 to my name or 50k it would be one thing, but I don't want to lose what took me so long and this hard to achieve.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:03 pm I got married when I was broke AF. Prenup would have included my possession of a 944 Turbo Porsche with borked AC, and a bicycle.

I made my "wealth" after getting married. I did it wrong, fortunately I have zero interest in getting rid of this woman.

I guess I see the prenup concept, but IMO, don't get married if there's even a remote chance of :nope:
Don't try and minimize this bro.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Divorces happen all the time, a ton of my friends got divorced, my friends parents etc. I have seen the damage first hand. It far outweighs this retarded "love" concept and its ok baby we'll figure it out when it happens, i just love you so much. If i had $50 to my name or 50k it would be one thing, but I don't want to lose what took me so long and this hard to achieve.
Most people get married when they shouldn't. "Locking it down" for fear of flight risk, "it's been long enough", "it's this is or we break up because she wants it", all reasons to :nope: not hitch yourself to someone legally.

I'm anti-marriage for most people. It's staggering how many people I know personally who are in miserable marriages. Then crank out crotchfruit, buy fancy shit, do fancy things in an attempt to fix it...when at the core it was just not a good idea to begin with.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Don't try and minimize this bro.
That car was epic to dudes like us, not so much to the general population.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Most people get married when they shouldn't. "Locking it down" for fear of flight risk, "it's been long enough", "it's this is or we break up because she wants it", all reasons to :nope: not hitch yourself to someone legally.

I'm anti-marriage for most people. It's staggering how many people I know personally who are in miserable marriages. Then crank out crotchfruit, buy fancy shit, do fancy things in an attempt to fix it...when at the core it was just not a good idea to begin with.
:micdrop: Love actually exists and it is far from a retarded concept but your woman (and you) have to have a lot more going than ZOMG! Mostly you just need a machine gun in the trench mentality that you're going to defend each other and take all comers. You also need to be compatible in some key areas, like $$$.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:36 pm

:micdrop: Love actually exists and it is far from a retarded concept but your woman (and you) have to have a lot more going than ZOMG! Mostly you just need a machine gun in the trench mentality that you're going to defend each other and take all comers. You also need to be compatible in some key areas, like $$$.
This is going to sound :gay: but 22 years have passed since I put a ring on it so I am gonna weigh in....... Unless you have some kind of REAL :unicorn: soul mate shit happening.......You have to be friends...I mean really good friends. Such friends, that it is easy to see each other as family when the proverbial honeymoon is over. Because for the great majority of us, life is hard, times will be rough....and yes, there will be blood......

Great sex and attraction will not help in these situations......

Only friend/family will .......
max225

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:25 pm

This is going to sound :gay: but 22 years have passed since I put a ring on it so I am gonna weigh in....... Unless you have some kind of REAL :unicorn: soul mate shit happening.......You have to be friends...I mean really good friends. Such friends, that it is easy to see each other as family when the proverbial honeymoon is over. Because for the great majority of us, life is hard, times will be rough....and yes, there will be blood......

Known this azn for 10 years so ....
max225

:dat: x100 just like buying a new Sentra with 20% interest to “better my credit”
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:25 pm

That definitely bodes well, mang..... I was chiming in on the whole divorce rate thing generally, not your pending engagement specifically ....... the forum redacted a few of the other quotes that would have made that clearer.......

Your point is a good one.... I think way too many people get married before really knowing one another ...... I think pre-marital cohabitation is essential......
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:34 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Are you reasonably sure she'll say "yes"?
Serious question.
99.9%
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Money, kids, religion. If you don't sincerely (not "he/she will change" shit) agree on these three, don't even consider the coal.
max225

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm

That definitely bodes well, mang..... I was chiming in on the whole divorce rate thing generally, not your pending engagement specifically ....... the forum redacted a few of the other quotes that would have made that clearer.......

Your point is a good one.... I think way too many people get married before really knowing one another ...... I think pre-marital cohabitation is essential......
That’s the plan, but she wants engagement before then. And the risk is 1/100 of marriage then cohabitation therefore engagement ...
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Money, kids, religion. If you don't sincerely (not "he/she will change" shit) agree on these three, don't even consider the coal.
Yep all of the above
max225

Fuckery time, bmw Dealer that i haven’t been to yet is telling me, that the car is no longer covered for maintenance because I’m not original owner. :wtf: annoying af called bmw and they telling me car is not under my name blah blah fully retarded
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:50 pm Fuckery time, bmw Dealer that i haven’t been to yet is telling me, that the car is no longer covered for maintenance because I’m not original owner. :wtf: annoying af called bmw and they telling me car is not under my name blah blah fully retarded
Best service in the world.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:50 pm Fuckery time, bmw Dealer that i haven’t been to yet is telling me, that the car is no longer covered for maintenance because I’m not original owner. :wtf: annoying af called bmw and they telling me car is not under my name blah blah fully retarded
:ayfkm:

Now that's Ultimate Service.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Service not done they want $2000 for the 30k mile service or $700 for me to transfer it.
Gonna have to think about this... and see if I can DIY it
max225

Does anyone know if I can DIY before lease turn in without having to face penalties of sorts ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 pm Does anyone know if I can DIY before lease turn in without having to face penalties of sorts ?
What is it comprised of?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Service not done they want $2000 for the 30k mile service or $700 for me to transfer it.
I always thought the maintenance was transferrable? They're correct in saying it's not?

Maybe try taking it back to that other diller to get it done.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm

I always thought the maintenance was transferrable? They're correct in saying it's not?

Called them, they said they can’t service it either. Because they will “eat the cost” otherwise.
So far I talked to 4 people, 1 from bmw and 3 from 2 dealerships. Everyone saying no. I think ill have to service it myself or eat $700 for the “transfer” fee
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:44 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Called them, they said they can’t service it either. Because they will “eat the cost” otherwise.
So far I talked to 4 people, 1 from bmw and 3 from 2 dealerships. Everyone saying no. I think ill have to service it myself or eat $700 for the “transfer” fee
Think of it as a minor bump in the road on what has other been a screaming deal on the back of Peter Poon.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 pm Does anyone know if I can DIY before lease turn in without having to face penalties of sorts ?
What is it comprised of?

$430 for an air filter :ayfkm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

Check the lease agreement.

There was nothing I could find in the paperwork for my Colorado. As long as it doesn't blow up and is otherwise fine at least turn in, it doesn't matter. I drove it three months with the oil life at "0" to maximize my free services.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
What is it comprised of?

$430 for an air filter :ayfkm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
40 bucks at Autohaus AZ

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/MH-13727843283