Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:09 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:51 pm

I don't have, or want, winters. I live and work in decent suburbs of a giant city that knows how to handle snow removal and only drive on plowed, paved roads. All seasons are definitely :fine: for me. I don't hate my DWS's, I was just thinking of trying something different next time, which will most likely be at least a year from now anyway so :whocares:
This is all sorts of slaying children at the bus stop :wrong:

:gtfo:
I'm ok with that.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Fuck that Ron, you've got plenty of money. :Waxer: spent money on some shit I would not consider, but he's had some experience being cheap on things and regretting it. One of his comments was "PSS is like the black of tire, you never go back." I'm inclined to agree. The money you save on tire is fking pointless if they start howling 10K miles later. Perhaps the greatest siren song of of the PSS/PS4 is that they wear down to the nub without making a fking sound. They have a deal on tire rack for ones that fit the Benzo (not buying, just looking for $169 closeout.) Just saying......how much are you "saving"? with cheaper tires. There's not any savings if you want to toss them because of road noise in 10 or 15K miles. Seriously, what is the price spread on a GTI? 140 bucks? I had a horrible experience with discount tires and will not do it again.

On the other hand, if you are Troy or Acid, destroying a set of tires every 6 months, PSS makes no sense at all.
5/7 would just buy Michelin Premier AS if I were :wap: buying tarz. :whocares: about an extra .05 lateral g in :thanksobama: Chicago?
Discount Tar doesn't seem to have them in 225/45 17's :doe: But I'm probably :wrong: and just missed them.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:11 pm 5/7 would just buy Michelin Premier AS if I were :wap: buying tarz. :whocares: about an extra .05 lateral g in :thanksobama: Chicago?
Discount Tar doesn't seem to have them in 225/45 17's :doe: But I'm probably :wrong: and just missed them.
Low profile stuff like that is probably not made in the Premier, only the AS3+
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

They are garbage I had em. Poverty tires
:bs: :idbu: :wrong: :gtfo:

They were new tires only released in the summer of 2017... What car do you think that you had these on, your F80?
My bad I thought you were talking about extreme dws tires. Which I had on my tdi, def not the best
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:55 pm
wap wrote:
Low profile stuff like that is probably not made in the Premier, only the AS3+
:word:
I guess I don't mind getting the DSW replacements when I'm ready. They served me well and I didn't experience the issues Johnny and :225: complained about. :iono:
They seem a decent :dill: for a fairly quiet, long lasting, AS that's :notbad: in rain and light to moderate snow conditions and decent in the dry as well.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:55 pm Low profile stuff like that is probably not made in the Premier, only the AS3+
I guess I don't mind getting the DSW replacements when I'm ready. They served me well and I didn't experience the issues Johnny and :225: complained about. :iono:
They seem a decent :dill: for a fairly quiet, long lasting, AS that's :notbad: in rain and light to moderate snow conditions and decent in the dry as well.
It is a fairly pricy tire, I think they were around $145-150 in :225: Spec for the golf. My point of comparison was between pss and those tires from a performance perspective. Longevity etc is obviously a trade off I mentioned in my earlier post.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

The newer DWS06 is supposed to be less of a marshmallow but I haven't tried it myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:
wap wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:43 pm But too :waxer: for me.
Fuck that Ron, you've got plenty of money. :Waxer: spent money on some shit I would not consider, but he's had some experience being cheap on things and regretting it. One of his comments was "PSS is like the black of tire, you never go back." I'm inclined to agree. The money you save on tire is fking pointless if they start howling 10K miles later. Perhaps the greatest siren song of of the PSS/PS4 is that they wear down to the nub without making a fking sound. They have a deal on tire rack for ones that fit the Benzo (not buying, just looking for $169 closeout.) Just saying......how much are you "saving"? with cheaper tires. There's not any savings if you want to toss them because of road noise in 10 or 15K miles. Seriously, what is the price spread on a GTI? 140 bucks? I had a horrible experience with discount tires and will not do it again.

On the other hand, if you are Troy or Acid, destroying a set of tires every 6 months, PSS makes no sense at all.
Kind of ... My PSS are loud as hell now. I mean insanely so. But they were awesome pre track use.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm I agree, they really lived up to the hype when using them on the street, even hard driving at the Fap they rocked.

That said after two days at the track my are trash, they stink like burnt rubber every drive, thump at low speeds, have no grip on the rain and are loud as hell. But they weren't really designed for track, would get them again for purely street use. Maybe I'll outfit my Kamry with them but I'll probably just get cheaper all seasons that will last 50k miles.

I've been quite happy with these BFG comp 2 a/s on the :wankel: - the grip and response is pretty great for an all season, they feel on par with most good summer tires.
Sounds like a great Kamry :225:

max225

This was terrible...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm

This was terrible...
you need new pads, same happened with my mk7.

Also when you hard brake does your steering shake at times? it's because of uneven brake wear.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:38 pm

This was terrible...
My pads are at 90%
max225

This was terrible...

Also when you hard brake does your steering shake at times? it's because of uneven brake wear.
the steering wheel doesn't shake either my brakes are fine. I think this is still rocks catching in the heat shield. This one was LOUD AF. Coming from left rear.
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm

It is a fairly pricy tire, I think they were around $145-150 in :225: Spec for the golf. My point of comparison was between pss and those tires from a performance perspective. Longevity etc is obviously a trade off I mentioned in my earlier post.
Cheaper for 17's :doe:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 pm The newer DWS06 is supposed to be less of a marshmallow but I haven't tried it myself.
I've heard this, too. Hope it's true.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:43 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Cheaper for 17's :doe:
I ran em in :225: 45/17
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:50 pm

the steering wheel doesn't shake either my brakes are fine. I think this is still rocks catching in the heat shield. This one was LOUD AF. Coming from left rear.
another possibility is that a pebble might get stuck in between the pads and the rotor
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:50 pm

another possibility is that a pebble might get stuck in between the pads and the rotor
It’s getting to be really bad ugh.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 pm

did it happen all of a sudden while driving?
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm

Yep.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Yep.
YEah like i said, possibly something got stuck
max225

So, more ultimate service amaze balls.
Called this am because car is nearly undrivable with all that noise. And it sounds like a runaway freight train.
6min hold as always, “absolutely no” appointments for today. Earliest is next Tuesday, so I guess I’ll drive it in it’s current state until then or maybe continue dicking with the heat shields. :disgust:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm So, more ultimate service amaze balls.
Called this am because car is nearly undrivable with all that noise. And it sounds like a runaway freight train.
6min hold as always, “absolutely no” appointments for today. Earliest is next Tuesday, so I guess I’ll drive it in it’s current state until then or maybe continue dicking with the heat shields. :disgust:
Little bit of dumb question, but being a lease, are you trying to get appt. to get it fixed, or have it diagnosed on what could be the problem or both?

If diagnose is the case, i’d probably suggest post on bimmerfest if there are no douches possibly scapegoating you on the issue. And/or maybe ask an indie shop/bmw specialized shop by email, explaining your issue and post that vid n see what they have to say?
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:54 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm So, more ultimate service amaze balls.
Little bit of dumb question, but being a lease, are you trying to get appt. to get it fixed, or have it diagnosed on what could be the problem or both?

If diagnose is the case, i’d probably suggest post on bimmerfest if there are no douches possibly scapegoating you on the issue. And/or maybe ask an indie shop/bmw specialized shop by email, explaining your issue and post that vid n see what they have to say?
I am trying to get it fixed. Car is under warranty this seems like a warranty issue to me.
I don't see the point of indy etc, I am paying good money to have a car that is under warranty and service.
max225

Checked my VIN in NHTSA looks like I don't have an affected carboner shaft.